Sign in to follow this  
pete

Remember 2005

Again clutching at straws but cast your minds back to 2005 around this time we were cut adrift with an away record worse than today''s. We can''t score but don''t concede many at home. Back then I remember 1-0 wins at home to the likes of Birmingham, Charlton gave us hope for the final day. Hoping our next 3 games at home to division strugglers with 1-0 wins can save us.

Need something to give me hope.

[quote user="pete"]Again clutching at straws but cast your minds back to 2005 around this time we were cut adrift with an away record worse than today''s. We can''t score but don''t concede many at home. Back then I remember 1-0 wins at home to the likes of Birmingham, Charlton gave us hope for the final day. Hoping our next 3 games at home to division strugglers with 1-0 wins can save us.

Need something to give me hope.[/quote]To give you hope :-You''re clutching at straws.Our home record is excellent, and that is what will keep us up.

Wasn''t just wins against Birmingham and Charlton pete. We also happened to beat Newcastle and Man Utd in that little run of four consecutive home wins.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

In 2005 we didn''t have 28 points until the end of April by which time we''d played 36 games.

[/quote]
Considering we finished on 33 points after 38 games, and we all know we lost against Fulham in the 38th game. This isn''t possible. We were on 30 points after 36 games, and had been on 30 points since the 35th game. Call yourself a fan.....

If we''d won on Sunday and were on 31 points, I suspect that most people would consider us "safe" already, so there should be plenty of hope to go around. Not unreasonable to see home wins against Stoke, Sunderland and West Brom, Even 2 wins and a draw would have us on 35 points.... and games at Soton, Swansea and Fulham should yield at least a point...

Ah, 2005. When we had Leon McKenzie, Matt Svensson, Dean Ashton and some guy called Darren Huckerby all capable of scoring a few goals.

This year we have..... erm, well.......

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

In 2005 we didn''t have 28 points until the end of April by which time we''d played 36 games.

[/quote]
Considering we finished on 33 points after 38 games, and we all know we lost against Fulham in the 38th game. This isn''t possible. We were on 30 points after 36 games, and had been on 30 points since the 35th game. Call yourself a fan.....
[/quote]

So it was 35 games by the time we passed 28? I think the point is probably still valid, don''t you?

The straws i''m clutching at are this;

Last 10 games - Norwich - 9 points

Fulham - 5 points

Cardiff - 5 points

West Brom - 9 points

For us to go down, one of these sides have to pick up a minimum of 3 points more than us over the rest of the season and they are on just as poor (if not poorer) form than we are.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I remember it after our 34th game, the victory over Newcastle when Safri scored, we had 27 points. We won the 35th game against Charlton to move to 30 points. How do you remember it?

[quote user="flecky76"]Ah, 2005. When we had Leon McKenzie, Matt Svensson, Dean Ashton and some guy called Darren Huckerby all capable of scoring a few goals.

This year we have..... erm, well.......[/quote]

Yes this is the problem Flecky. At this stage in that season we''d scored 28 goals while we''ve only scored 21 this time. But we''d conceded 55 where as this time it stands at 43. So our goal difference is actually 5 better. However we have to score to win games. And whether we find our shooting boots will be the deciding factor over the next 10 games. I remember we suddenly found a way to score away from home that season but 3 goals at Palace and again at Southampton yielded just 1 point. We can''t afford that to happen this time!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I remember it after our 34th game, the victory over Newcastle when Safri scored, we had 27 points. We won the 35th game against Charlton to move to 30 points. How do you remember it?

[/quote]
My point is I corrected your post. We already had reached and surpassed the 28 point mark (30 points) by our 35th game. Not our 36th as you suggested.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
My point is I corrected your post. We already had reached and surpassed the 28 point mark (30 points) by our 35th game. Not our 36th as you suggested.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That was it was it?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]That was it was it?

[/quote]
Well I know how upset you get when people exaggerate stats to suit their own views buddy [;)]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]That was it was it?

[/quote]
Well I know how upset you get when people exaggerate stats to suit their own views buddy [;)]

[/quote]

Fair enough. But all I see is you jumping on to a thread to rubbish someone elses post while not contributing anything yourself. Which is why we crossed swords in the first place.

If things don''t change they''ll stay as they are[Y]