Sign in to follow this  
Buster Douglas

Redmond

[quote user="slartyblartfast"]Just scored a cracker for England u21s[/quote]Is the match on TV anywhere?

[quote user="slartyblartfast"]BT sport 2nd half 57 mins gone[/quote]Found it, cheers.

He is bar far the best player in the pitch.

He has been given compleat freedom on that left hand side and the rest of the squad look to give him the ball at every opportunity where as we actively seak out snodgrass rather than him.

I have realised that I actually like watching the U21''s more than the full England side.

Morty I compleatly agree.

The senior England squad is very political in its selection process and I find the way England play as dull as the current city style

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]Morty I compleatly agree.

The senior England squad is very political in its selection process and I find the way England play as dull as the current city style[/quote]The U21''s are a breath of fresh air. Totally different style of play, much nicer to watch.

[quote user="morty"]I have realised that I actually like watching the U21''s more than the full England side.[/quote]

Until a tournament comes round and it''s just like watching the main team

He remains our most exciting talent, direct, fast dangerous just currently inconsistent.

A must start for me on sat

Redmond has arguably been Norwich''s biggest attacking threat this season......the fact that has scored just one goal having had over forty shots has to be a considerable concern.

Link to goal vid --> http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/norwichs-nathan-redmond-gives-england-u21s-the-lead-v-wales-vine/

kick it off wrote the following post at 05/03/2014 10:06 PM:

Link to goal vid --> http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/norwichs-nathan-redmond-gives-england-u21s-the-lead-v-wales-vine/

Thanks

I assume that this thread is all one huge mistake and that in fact Redmond didn''t score and wasn''t MOTM.

Because as well all know from the resident tactical experts on here playing ''inverted wingers'' is a dreadful negative policy which never has any chance of success, etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah...........

Nice one TL.  Pleased for the lad, but he has been slightly over played for us this season due to squad injuries, I would rather see him playing from less starts but coming on as an impact player, which I am sure was the plan anayway. A great talent who from some posters on here has taken some surprising stick, sure his decision making needs to improve, it will with time and he will become the real deal........a great signing. 

It was a good goal, and I''m pleased for him, but I''d also have to say he''d probably never score that in the PL, their goalkeeper made an awful hash of that....

As an aside, but vaguely on topic, Happy birthday Nathan Redmond, 20 today!

The thing is is Redmond, despite the fact half his crosses and shots are poor, he creates so many opportunities and gets into so many good areas, that I think he has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet - despite his age. He''s not efficient, but by playing the numbers game, the odds are that we get more chances with him playing. If he could just learn to pass better under pressure in that final 3rd. But that will come. Walcott had the same issues when he was 19 or 20 I think didn''t he?

PS Happy Birthday Nathan.

I''m genuinely of the opinion that if Redmond had been at a stronger side with better players around him, he''d already have usurped the likes of Townsend and Sterling in regards to full England selection places.People say that half his crosses and shots are poor, but he''s got an approx 25% success rate with his crossing (as well as being in the top 20 players for total number of crosses this season) which is FAR superior to Sterling''s 12% success rate and 127th overall place for total crosses...There''s only a single key pass difference between them, they have the same amount of assists, and whilst Sterling has clearly scored more (5 to Redmond''s 1), that in a highly attacking Liverpool team rather than our goal shy defensive setup.Pace wise there''s little between them and they both display good ball control and dribbling skills.Yet for some reason Sterling has got all the pundits wetting themselves over him, but Redmond is virtually ignored and dismissed as not being ready...Redmond SHOULD be starting for us each week when fit - simple as.