Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Back to Hughton....

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Sacked tomorrow if we lose??? Its funny how Wes Hoolahans statement has only just come out now as opposed to earlier in the week. May the club we''re happy for the attention to be deflected away from Hughton during the build up to another last chance saloon game??[/quote]All depends on what you''re Reading into it......

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Sacked tomorrow if we lose??? Its funny how Wes Hoolahans statement has only just come out now as opposed to earlier in the week. May the club we''re happy for the attention to be deflected away from Hughton during the build up to another last chance saloon game??[/quote]All depends on what you''re Reading into it......[/quote]

Lappin you are genius!

More due to the fact Hoolahan would have gone almost straight to Ireland after the Villa game and Norwich''s media team wouldn''t have been able to get their hands on him to force out a ''quote''.

After CH''s ''he''s forgot how to celebrate'' comment (an obvious manager defending a player statement), they probably felt this wasn''t something that was going to go away and needed nipping in the bud.

This statement is good news for Wes fans though - in my opinion you don''t crank out a media statement on a Friday afternoon from a player unless they are playing the next day. If Wes was only going to be on the bench you don''t need a comment from him.

Hughton won''t be sacked if Norwich loss, and I still say he won''t be regardless. If Norwich sack him who are they going to get in for 9 games at the end of the season? No one worth having that''s for certain.

....and if we dont, then I guess he will have to be sacked the next game we lose? Oh, and I  think they also delayed the extent of Fer''s injury to deflect attention away from Hughton too......paleease give it a rest for the sake of us all :-)

Agree with you here Bethnal. Why sack now so late in the season. If, or when, they do it will be after May 11th.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

More due to the fact Hoolahan would have gone almost straight to Ireland after the Villa game and Norwich''s media team wouldn''t have been able to get their hands on him to force out a ''quote''.

After CH''s ''he''s forgot how to celebrate'' comment (an obvious manager defending a player statement), they probably felt this wasn''t something that was going to go away and needed nipping in the bud.

This statement is good news for Wes fans though - in my opinion you don''t crank out a media statement on a Friday afternoon from a player unless they are playing the next day. If Wes was only going to be on the bench you don''t need a comment from him.

Hughton won''t be sacked if Norwich loss, and I still say he won''t be regardless. If Norwich sack him who are they going to get in for 9 games at the end of the season? No one worth having that''s for certain.

[/quote]

Alan Shearer & Ian Dowie, although I think they prefer to do 8 games!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

your probably right on both counts. However I''m sure that Hughton has been relieved that the attention has been on Hoolahan, as opposed to himself, after the embarrassing result at Villa.

I think the board have committed to hughton now and are probably extremely nervous as to whether they''ve made the correct decision. However a short term appointment (until the end of the season) of a motivational type, shouldn''t be dismissed. It might be just what we need to get over the line. But its unlikely.....

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote] your probably right on both counts. However I''m sure that Hughton has been relieved that the attention has been on Hoolahan, as opposed to himself, after the embarrassing result at Villa. I think the board have committed to hughton now and are probably extremely nervous as to whether they''ve made the correct decision. However a short term appointment (until the end of the season) of a motivational type, shouldn''t be dismissed. It might be just what we need to get over the line. But its unlikely.....[/quote]

Problem with short-term appointments is that no manager wants one - Sunderland had to give Di Canio a 3 year contract (and then buy him out of it 6 months later). The only people who would take such a job are those currently unemployed (even some of them would demand at least another season in their contract) and those managers are unemployed for a reason. Norwich aren''t in a position of strength to start negotiating deals with managers - might as well keep Hughton, who at least knows the squad and is well liked by many of them.

"Barbie"

Agree with you here Bethnal. Why sack now so late in the season. If, or when, they do it will be after May 11th.

Yep I think this is the most logical scenario. Also Hughtons home record is good so should be enough to see us over the line. Hopefully!