Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Any role for Josh Murphy for the remaining games?

He looks like a real player judging from the England Under 19''s game midweek. He even played through the middle.

If someone like Dwight Gayle can command an £8m fee and score the odd important goal, despite not really playing much mens football before this season, why can''t Josh do the same?

I feel he could work as good foil for RVW even and obviously wants to be here unlike Wes.

He''s pacy, unpredictable, has a hell of a shot on him and a lot of skill. Yes, he''d probably give the ball away a bit due to naiveity but if we need that something special from someone, i''d go to him over any of our strikers at the moment!

Well thought out, carefully considered response there splutcho. It''s hardly like our attackers are pulling up trees is it?

Not for me...

Josh would really benefit from a spell out on loan...I''m basing this on his performance this season v. Watford and the times he has come on this season in the Premier League, just hasn''t cut it...

Nathan Redmond had the benefit of playing at Championship level last season and just feel Josh needs a run of games at this level before he can be considered.

I can''t see him making a start for us any time soon. However next season I can see him having more of a role. I think if we could get a cup run going, he would soon prove he''s more than capable of playing for us in the league. This is of course saying we stay up, which for the record I think we will. But if the worse was to happen, he has a begin season ahead of him I reckon.

Would have liked to have seen him loaned out. Hasn''t ever looked likely he would feature much or at all when some players came back from injury.

I think Redmond''s time in the rough-and-tumble of the Championship with Birmingham was vital in his development. I''d only use Josh as injury cover this season, and get him out on loan to a Championship club for the first half of next season at least.

That''s it, with EB injured we need Josh as cover but no way will be do more than get on as sub (if that) unless we have more injuries.

Nxt season definitely let him have time in the Champ, certainly has potential to make it at the top level IMO.

There ought to be, with everyone else up front failing. The boy has pace and a decent shot on him. He should be given a go as a substitute for the last 15 minutes if the dire performances continue.

I suspect that our fixed-minded manager may have convinced himself that Josh is too young, or inexperienced.

But could he be any worse than others?

If Snoddy does not make it Saturday expect to see Josh on bench.

Based on what we''ve seen this season, even though it''s not a lot, he''s better than Pilkington who has either been injured or useless.