Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

How Stupid is Hoolahan

No one with any self respect likes there value/worth (call it what you will) under estimated or under valued. Clearly Wes has been unhappy at not being allowed to join his former manager at AV, I fully get that. He obviously felt he deserved a starting place in the team which means he feels he is better than any of the players currently playing in his position, again, that''s fine & the type of reaction a manager would want, my point is that these players keeping him out of the team also have worth/value, now these players Johnson, Tettey, Fer, Howson etc would all command between 2.5-5mill if sold, therefore using Hoolahans thought process that he''s as good or better than any of the above, he should be commanding the same sort of transfer fee. He must be very stupid if he thinks that just because he is not playing regularly he can walk away for peanuts, recent performances dictate the NCFC were fully justified in there assessment of Hoolahans worth & that AV were taking the pi55 with their offer. He needs to understand that NCFC pay him a decent wage & until a realistic offer is made he will remain a Norwich player, finally if he manages to score again in a Norwich shirt to show the dignity & respect the fans deserve by enjoying the moment with them, rather than acting like a spoilt child.

I wish he would just leave, too many bridges burned now imo.

"Brienne"

Why do you think he wants to leave?

Is that a rhetorical or genuine question?

Funny old game, a player is only worth what someone is willing to pay and a club is willing to accept. An older player is generally worth less than a equally able younger player, and a player that is unsettled and or not playing regularly is worth less than his potential value.

All the players you mention are younger than Hoolahan and have been playing regularly this season. I have no idea what Villas highest offer may have been, but there were plenty of people on this board saying they''d drive him there for the money quoted, which i personally found baffling.

He has watched a season of football where Elmander and RVW in particular and also Fer have ineffectively played as the supporting player/second striker and imo he is a better choice than all three yet he has, unlike those three, had no extended run in the team after starting the vast majority of games last season. He''s unhappy about that and i get that.

I have no idea personally why fans (well keyboard warriors) are taking his reaction on sun so personally. It was clearly 2 fingers to the people in charge. Wes was clapping supporters before and after the game, why would he do this if he held the supporters in such disregard?

[quote user="Brienne"]Genuine.

Why do you think he wants to leave?[/quote]

he wants to play more

he wants to play for lambert

he thinks he''ll play more for lambert

he''s old and knows we don''t want him for the longer term

he wants to have a big last contract

this is what i think....but perhaps he just wants to live in a rougher area?

He wants to leave because he isn''t getting as many games as he wants/needs/likes/deserves!? Delete as applicable.

[quote user="Herman "]He wants to leave because he isn''t getting as many games as he wants/needs/likes/deserves!? Delete as applicable.[/quote]And obviously its about money.Nobody takes a new job that pays less.(Though I expect one of the forum pedants to pluck an example, of someone who once did, from somewhere)

Because he isnt getting games, one of the few top class creative players that we have in the squad and he wants to leave because he isnt getting played. And this is in a team that cant score goals, beyond belief!

[quote user="Brienne"]Because he isnt getting games, one of the few top class creative players that we have in the squad and he wants to leave because he isnt getting played. And this is in a team that cant score goals, beyond belief![/quote]And obviously this is solely down to the fact that Hughton is rubbish / stupid?

Question: "How stupid is Hoolahan?"

Answer: "Don''t know, never met the bloke".

Well he wants to get away from Hughton and his negative tactics plus with the fact he deserves to be playing regularly. I would say he''s probably as intelligent as Holt which is the opposite of stupid!

[quote user="hazza9"]Well he wants to get away from Hughton and his negative tactics plus with the fact he deserves to be playing regularly. I would say he''s probably as intelligent as Holt which is the opposite of stupid![/quote]And the Canary caller award of the day goes to.....

The problem with the first post is that it fails to take into account the ages of the players mentioned and the lengths of their contracts.

He might think he''s as good as or better than other players, but those other players aren''t 31 with only 18 months left on their contract. A player''s value isn''t linked only to his impact on the pitch.

[quote user="Aggy"]The problem with the first post is that it fails to take into account the ages of the players mentioned and the lengths of their contracts.

He might think he''s as good as or better than other players, but those other players aren''t 31 with only 18 months left on their contract. A player''s value isn''t linked only to his impact on the pitch.[/quote]

What are you talking about? A players value isn''t linked only to his impact on the pitch, so using that statement as a guide what is RVW worth? Struggling to find his form on the pitch but young & 4 yrs left on contract....

I understand that length of contract & age have a bearing but it''s the guys ability which sets the bar, the other factors only come into play once it''s established that the player can do the job for the team, answer me this, how many premier league players with international experience have been sold with 18mths left on their contract for less than 1mill?

Get real, we''re not still in div1

[quote user="hazza9"]Well he wants to get away from Hughton and his negative tactics plus with the fact he deserves to be playing regularly. I would say he''s probably as intelligent as Holt which is the opposite of stupid![/quote]

what a freak

Funny Old Game, where did I say he''d go for less than a million?

Your opening post said (I paraphrase): Fer, Howson etc. would be worth around 2.5mil. Hoolahan thinks he''s as good as or better than those players, so he should be worth 2.5 mil or more.

I disagree, because he is 5-7 years older than those players and has less time left on his contract.

Just because Hoolahan wants to leave doesn''t mean he thinks he''s significantly better than any of those players. He probably thinks he''s equally as good, maybe even slightly better, but given the huge difference in age and length of contract between - say, him and Fer/Howson - then he is still more than likely going to cost a lot less than those two players.

Perhaps before you reply you could read the post and not then add random words that weren''t said in order to try and make your little rant make sense?

[quote user="Aggy"]Funny Old Game, where did I say he''d go for less than a million?

Your opening post said (I paraphrase): Fer, Howson etc. would be worth around 2.5mil. Hoolahan thinks he''s as good as or better than those players, so he should be worth 2.5 mil or more.

I disagree, because he is 5-7 years older than those players and has less time left on his contract.

Just because Hoolahan wants to leave doesn''t mean he thinks he''s significantly better than any of those players. He probably thinks he''s equally as good, maybe even slightly better, but given the huge difference in age and length of contract between - say, him and Fer/Howson - then he is still more than likely going to cost a lot less than those two players.

Perhaps before you reply you could read the post and not then add random words that weren''t said in order to try and make your little rant make sense?[/quote]Well said Aggy. Think there are a lot of deluded posters on this forum. I think anyone in the norwich squad (Becchio springs to mind) watching many a poor or inconsistent performance by numerous players this season must be highly frustrated that the manager sticks with the same players, and doesn''t give others a chance. It''s a natural reaction, and some with passion will simply want to play, but are still not given a chance.Where has Hoolahan said he is better than the other players. Erm he hasn''t. SO many people seem to "know" what either hasn''t been said or done, yet say it with such conviction. Everyone has their opinion, but if you are going to quote facts, make sure they''re right!

Abby, You haven''t said that anywhere & I wasn''t suggesting that you had, I was quoting the figure that was reportedly bid by villa, other higher amounts were rumoured to have been offered on deadline day but I have never seen them confirmed, I stand by what I feel was a derisory offer, personally I expect Hoolahan to sell for 1.75mill.

Samwam27 if Hoolahan thinks he should be in the team then he clearly feels he has something to offer that the others haven''t. nothing to do with facts just common sense, how is that deluded? As you say everyone''s entitled to an opinion - as long as it agrees with yours!!

I think it''s obvious now that he is very stupid.

How thick do you need to be to ''forget'' how to celebrate after a goal!?!?!

[quote user="funny old game"]Abby, You haven''t said that anywhere & I wasn''t suggesting that you had, I was quoting the figure that was reportedly bid by villa, other higher amounts were rumoured to have been offered on deadline day but I have never seen them confirmed, I stand by what I feel was a derisory offer, personally I expect Hoolahan to sell for 1.75mill.

Samwam27 if Hoolahan thinks he should be in the team then he clearly feels he has something to offer that the others haven''t. nothing to do with facts just common sense, how is that deluded? As you say everyone''s entitled to an opinion - as long as it agrees with yours!![/quote]Funny - I was agreeing with Aggy''s statement "Just because Hoolahan wants to leave doesn''t mean he thinks he''s

significantly better than any of those players. He probably thinks he''s

equally as good, maybe even slightly better" which I never said was deluded please don''t take posters remarks out of context! And where did I say I expect everyone''s opinions to agree with mine-Didn''t I, in my previous post say everyone is entitled to their opinion?I stick by my opinion that I reckon most of the Norwich players warming the bench regularly this season, probably think they deserve to be given a chance given many a woeful and inept performance this season. Nothing wrong with thatI was referring to those on here who appear to know Hoolahan, hang out with him, spend time at his home and know "exactly" how he feels. No-one does.