Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Ron Saunders on Duncan Forbes

Thanks for posting LDC, Ron Saunders too played a huge part in our great club''s history, sounded like he is going strong at 81. Also, the interview with Janette Forbes I hadnt seen before....really very moving and also a small reminder of the power house and immense captain Big Dunc was.

Ron mentions how DF wanted to improve as a player - and that showed under John Bond too. He improved his confidence and skill on the ball under JB.   The other player of that era who to me who improved way above his original level was David Cross, who developed considerably at Norwich and after he went to WH.

DF is just a huge legend.   I hope those that are too young to remember him appreciate just what an important figure he has been to the club as player and afterwards as Chief Scout and club ambassador.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ron mentions how DF wanted to improve as a player - and that showed under John Bond too. He improved his confidence and skill on the ball under JB.   The other player of that era who to me who improved way above his original level was David Cross, who developed considerably at Norwich and after he went to WH.

DF is just a huge legend.   I hope those that are too young to remember him appreciate just what an important figure he has been to the club as player and afterwards as Chief Scout and club ambassador.

[/quote]

Could not agree more ,remember that game at Arsenal when he played with a punctured lung ,and ended up in hospital ...Hard or what lead from the Back so to speak