Sign in to follow this  
Mutley

Fer

Has the club confirmed this? There was nothing in the comments made by CH about the injury on the club web site today.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/02/28/4650492/norwich-dealt-survival-blow-as-fer-faces-at-least-six-weeks

[quote user="Mutley"]Has the club confirmed this? There was nothing in the comments made by CH about the injury on the club web site today.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/02/28/4650492/norwich-dealt-survival-blow-as-fer-faces-at-least-six-weeks[/quote]Hughton said he remained out, but didn''t specify a timescale.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uN0MPxQToI&feature=youtu.be

Hughton confirms "a number of weeks".

Could have done without that. We looked light in midfield going into the season and that has proven to be the case.

Its seems to be the club approach not to comment on mid term injuries duration - howson and turner for example.    Any proper hamstring injury is going to be 5-8 weeks so no surprise really.

A big blow,  howson back just in time,  but could do with our holy trinity fit at the same time (Howson, Tettey, Fer) for more than 4 games a season!  

[quote user="SYG"]Howsons back, so don''t fear[/quote]

I agree that is a big and timely boost,  but he (and ditto fer and tettey) and much better when all three are present - however our results when BJ/Hoswon start together is a heavy loss ratio (from memory something in excess of 60% of games,  which is  much worse than the teams overall across the same period & when hoswon alone starts).

And they have started too many games together for it not to be a factor,  as a cm pairing they are simply not effective - so there is something to fear in it...  just not howson himself 

Make no mistake about it, if this is true, then it''s a very serious blow to our survival chances indeed. I agree that if Howson is back then all to the good, but he''s a different type of player to Fer. Our midfield looks a lot more combative and business-like with him in it .

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Make no mistake about it, if this is true, then it''s a very serious blow to our survival chances indeed. I agree that if Howson is back then all to the good, but he''s a different type of player to Fer.

Our midfield looks a lot more combative and business-like with him in it .

[/quote]

QFT

talked to a well known sky sports news presenter today who interviewed chris h and he confirmed fer was out for several games also interviewed jonney howson who said he was fully up and running at least howson can head a ball which must be a bonus in the middle of the park unlike our dutchman.howson to score on sat for us

Great that Howson is back and raring to go but we cannot afford anyone else in that midfield trio getting injured until Fer is back. Fearful that he is going to be of of action for all of our winnable/must win games and that cannot be good.

I like fer good player but of late he seem to want the ball to drop to his foot rather than take a nod at it allowing better class players to steal the ball easily then putting us under pessure .Also doesnt push on like Howson shots outside the box etc

Big loss. I would imagine that puts him out of our next 6 ''easier'' games. That''s when we really needed him to impose himself on the weak opposition. Honestly think we''ll struggle now unless Hoolahan ups his game, Howson comes back just as strong as he left and one of our strikers can start scoring. Fer was rested and had been better in recent weeks.

As a big fan of Howson (should be captain!) I''m not too gutted with this news. Of course I still wish Fer a speedy recovery.

Episodes like this show the real power and strength of today''s social media.There were reports on twitter saying that Fer would be out for 6-8 weeks minutes after the event and before the club even acknowledged his injury.The communications director of a football club is now a redundant position!

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]As a big fan of Howson (should be captain!) I''m not too gutted with this news. Of course I still wish Fer a speedy recovery.[/quote]

Yeah, it is great to have Howson back but who is the better player - Fer or Johnson?

First half of the season, before Howson and Tettey got injured, most people would have said Howson and Fer were our best players.

Now we''re going into the relegation fight with one of our best players missing.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]As a big fan of Howson (should be captain!) I''m not too gutted with this news. Of course I still wish Fer a speedy recovery.[/quote]

Yeah, it is great to have Howson back but who is the better player - Fer or Johnson?

First half of the season, before Howson and Tettey got injured, most people would have said Howson and Fer were our best players.

Now we''re going into the relegation fight with one of our best players missing.

We have spent the best part of the season with ''one of our best players missing'', with the amount of injuries we have suffered. I''ve thought Fer needed a rest for the last couple of months to be honest. I think he, much like Mesut Ozil, has struggled without the christmas break to ''recharge his batteries'', so to speak. Howson looked sharp coming off the bench on sunday and Johnson and Tettey have been excellent of late. I''m not too concerned.

[quote user="Fleckys FlipFlop"]We have spent the best part of the season with ''one of our best players missing'', with the amount of injuries we have suffered.   [/quote]

Yup and we''ve been fairly crap most of the season.

Fer being out is a HUGE loss for us, make no mistake. Without him we are up **** creek., as was evident last weekend.