Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

You have to feel sorry for Ruddy

10 clean sheets in the PL and he still never gets a sniff of playing in goal for England. Sometimes feel Hodgson is another tactically inept manager, playing players out of position.Most of Southampton players have experienced the England fold this season. Why play Hart, you know what he can do. Even Forster (good as he is) plays against such poor opposition each week, and he''s been given a shout this season!

the fact that forster is even considered is a joke you may as well pick any english keeper from league 1 downwards, i have no idea who plays in goal for lowestoft town but he could keep goal for celtic and they would still win the league by 20 points [:D]

Does seem crazy, there are no doubts over Hart and he has loads of experience. Why not give Ruddy or even Forster some time just so they can build up some experience.

Also then should Hart be injured it wouldn''t be seen as a major issue bringing a total rookie in.

Hodgson looks even less of a motivator than our own beloved hughton :)

I don''t feel sorry for him at all. His form has been inconsistent at best and he is the 4th best English keeper. Still not bad, bit no Brazil for him I don''t think.

It will be a shame for him if he isn''t on the plane for Brazil, having been involved in the set up for the last couple of years, but have to agree, can''t see him going.

The aspect that peeves me as far as the three to travel is concerned surrounds Foster. Just because of his past relationship with Hodgson, he is welcomed back despite having told England where to go a couple of years back. Now, he is displacing the very people (inc. Ruddy) who attended all the squad sessions which Foster said he didn''t want to be involved in. That''s the way to treat people Woy..

Just been reading another thread on here concerning various forms of political correctness.

On that basis, my previous post on here should have ended "That''s the way to treat people Roy."

[quote user="sgncfc"]I don''t feel sorry for him at all. His form has been inconsistent at best and he is the 4th best English keeper. Still not bad, bit no Brazil for him I don''t think.[/quote]

There is absolutely no way on this earth that ben foster is a better goalkeeper than john ruddy.

I have no real problem with Hodgson as England manager, and regardless of whether JR deserves a squad place or not, I do have a problem with him bring back any player who has previously turned his back on playing for his country, that''s simply wrong and unfair on those who are fully commited. 

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I have no real problem with Hodgson as England manager, and regardless of whether JR deserves a squad place or not, I do have a problem with him bring back any player who has previously turned his back on playing for his country, that''s simply wrong and unfair on those who are fully commited. [/quote]Tend to agree with that Mark, though, in fairness, my recollection is that it was the manager that Foster had a problem with, as opposed to England per se. Who is better out of him, Ruddy and Forster is a matter of conjecture.But, as others have said, I could not see the point of playing Hart last night. He is deservedly the number one, and, surely Hodgson would have been better to look at JR, BF  or FF as an exercise ?btw, I''m thinking that ironically, Kaspar Schmeichel  is probably better than any of them? Unfortunately, though his Dad played for Manyoo, he was born in Copenhagen !

Foster "retired" from playing for England yet Hodgson has welcomed him back into the squad and now looks set to take him to Brazil.

John Terry "retires" from playing for England yet, when there is talk of a recall for him, Hodgson says that he (Terry) has retired from playing for England, has played his hand internationally and that is that-no way back.

If he thinks John Terry can''t improve a central defensive partnership of Smalling (especially) and Cahill, well-if anything it should be Terry and A.N.Other in those positions. Character wise he''s not the nicest as we all know but I''d rather the best available out there and selected.

If Foster is allowed to come back because he fancies a World Cup in Brazil (if he goes, then watch him "retire" a second time after the tournament) and Ruddy misses out as a consequence, despite three years PL experience and some clean sheets behind a dodgy defence at best...well, unforgivable and wretched bias and "who you know" comes to mind.

Why should Foster go ahead of Ruddy? both play for teams struggling at the bottom of the league, from all account Foster has not been anywhere near his best this season- has Ruddy?- and Ruddy has been in the set up longer. the only reason I think Foster might get the nod is because he has actually played for England before so this might tip it. but don''t forget who''s advising Roy...our very own Dave Watson who sees JR every day at training

I have to disagree - I think this season ruddy has been a gift, he has let in some poor goals occasionally but what keeper doesn''t? his mindset is right, and I personally would like to see him at Brazil.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="sgncfc"]I don''t feel sorry for him at all. His form has been inconsistent at best and he is the 4th best English keeper. Still not bad, bit no Brazil for him I don''t think.[/quote]

There is absolutely no way on this earth that ben foster is a better goalkeeper than john ruddy.[/quote]

Neither is Hart, Hart is a stopper not keeper, he use''s his feet more than his hands he punches more than he catches, and he has to keep his hair neat and tidy.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Neither is Hart, Hart is a stopper not keeper, he use''s his feet more than his hands he punches more than he catches, and he has to keep his hair neat and tidy.[/quote]I''d certainly agree that Hart is by no stretch of the imagination the finest keeper to grace the England no 1 shirt. Going back to the days of Banks, Bonetti, Shilton , Clemence,....well, Hart (and to be fair Ruddy, Foster et al) are not really in the same class . Goalkeeping used to be a position that England were world leaders in. But not any more. I suppose that''s why thee are so few English goalkeepers in the top flight ?

I think two places Hart and Foster are certs. and that the third spot will be between the Norwich keeper and the ex Norwich keeper.

If reports are correct, Hodgson courted Foster to get him to return to the international fold, was re-buffed and then went to him again. The second time, he so kindly agreed to be selected again. The guy in the earlier post had it right as far as Hodgson is concerned when talking of his insistence that Terry could not return. He is preferring to take Smalling. Says it all.

Ruddy''s form has dipped this season. Some of the goals we''ve conceded would have been saved a couple of years ago. Wouldn''t be surprised if he misses out and waves adios to us in the summer.