Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Your top 5 favourite Norwich City players of all time...

Thought it would be quite refreshing to put aside on/off field worries for the time being and debate your top 5 favourite NCFC players in your time.

Mine bearing in mind I started supporting the club in 98 are...

5. Darren Eadie

4. Iwan Roberts

3. Grant Holt

2. Wes Hoolahan (despite recent events)

1. Darren Huckerby

In order 1st to 5th;

Adam Drury

Darren Huckerby

Iwan Roberts

Darrell Russell

Bradley Johnson.

Holt, McVeigh, Needergaard, Mackay & Green make up the top ten probably.

Mark BarhamPhil BoyerGraham PaddonKevin ReevesKevin Keelan

And if we are having 10 thenMartin O`Neill, Dave Stringer, Chris Sutton, David Cross & Kenny Foggo

None of the recent prem stars get close for me.

Keelan - inspirational keeper who should have played for England 

Drinkell - never seen a better goal scorer,  lethal in front of goal (Super Mac just before my time) 

Huckerby - pure class, best defender we have signed,  transforming malky fleming defence from the fastest goal conceders in years to the best defence in the champs in a couple of weeks;  genuinely club focused (unlike so many faux loyal players over the last 20 years) and rightly a true legend 

Sutton - best all round forward I have seen,  held the  ball up,  linked with partner and midfield superbly and passed as well as his midfield,  spend so many games for us as a centre back too,  goals only in top flight and ratio would be with the best but for his versatility.   super talented.

Eadie - Excited me than hux;   genuine disappointed when he was sold and his injury cut his talent short

In no particular order and for no particular reason other than I liked them -Tommy BrycelandKen FoggoIan CrookDavid CrossKevin Keelan

How do you pick only 5?

I can''t pick less than 12.

Holt, Hucks, Keelan, Iwan, Eadie, Brycland, Malky etc etc

Always like these types of threads, thing is to name five is so difficult as I know once I name them within minutes I will wish I had included someone else, anyway based on pure quality and also entertainment......

1. Martin Peters - pure quality - best player to ever pull on the yellow and green

2. Darren Huckerby - quality and entertainment

3. Grant Holt - say no more

4.Kevin Drinkell   - all effort, put in some great shifts, was under rated ....RVW should watch some tapes of him

5. Darren Eadie - got you off your seat plus how can we forget the humiliation of JohnWark

............................................how could I forget, Chris Sutton, Super Ted McDougall & Boyer, Paddon, Ashton, Bellamy, Kenny-Kenny Foggo Kenny Foggo on the wing, Neighbour, Bruce, Channon, Forbes and Stringer and Keelan.......................so many great memories.......

Note: I have temporarily excluded Wes, really cant forgive his childish antics right now.....but wouldnt be top 5 anyway......

A couple from the current squad you I feel could be considered in a few years if they keep progressing........Howson and Redmond..........oh and Fer if he stays with us that is........

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]OMG HOW COULD I FORGET FLECKY!!! and I lived just down the road from him in Poringland too![/quote]But you''re only allowed five Mark. [;)]

This will shock some but I don''t think Holt would make my top 5.

Admittedly it is really hard to pick out five players because if it is ever there are some massive players from the past out there.

If you were to say top five players since ''98 then I''d go with:

1) Iwan

2) Huckerby

3) Fleming

4) Drury

5) Hoolahan

Holt misses out because most of those players were with the club for longer and perhaps stuck by the club in more difficult times.

Iwan was a massive servant, his goals keeping us up, his leadership and example good for the team as a whole. Much like Fleming and Drury - all three represented out clubs without so much as a small mark against them.

Huckerby defied his agent to come to us, helped to get us promoted and didn''t abandon ship when we were relegated despite big clubs coming in for him. He even kept going through two torrid management regimes the latter of which let him go.

Hoolahan get''s the nod over Holt, for being at the club longer and having to endure Roeder and relegation and yet still remaining with the club when he could have easily jumped ship as quite a number of players did that season. Of course he then became a central figure in the double promotion push and premier league survival so far.

If you are talking ever - then I would be looking at the likes of Keelan, Peters, Goss, Sutton and a whole ton of other players that achieved and represent us well on and off the pitch.

For me, has to be:

1 - Kevin Reeves - first Canary hero

2 - Duncan Forbes - good old fashioned CH

3 - Darren Eadie - hugely exciting player

4 - Crooky - chain smoking genius

5 - Hucks - the most exciting Norwich player ever

Starting following Norwich in 1994 so I am relatively new to the party. But I''ve most enjoyed watching:

1. Jon Newsome

2. Darren Huckerby

3. Darren Eadie

4. Iwan Roberts

5. Grant Holt

I genuinely believe that all 5 players would walk into our present starting XI right now.

i find it astonishing that young or old  , grant holt isn''t in everyones top 3 ? i can''t think of any player who has made a bigger impact in histime here and given us more joy on an unbelievable journey and tormnented the scum on the way... Captain .... leader .... legend  [:D]

No ones mentioned Mick Channon even just for his antics when coming out on to the pitch!

5 is impossible though.

I could pick 5 from each of the last 5 decades with ease.

Foggo

Forbes

Keelan

Hucks

Channon

I give up its impossible