Sign in to follow this  
Simple Jack

RVW to the resue

I''ve just got a feeling that Ricky is going to shake off his latest debilitating twisted sock horror injury and score a hat trick today.

Life looks so much better after an alfresco breakfast of four cans of Special Brew outside the Guildhall.

Nice one SJ, is "resue " a Dutch word or is it more that you write as you speak after the first four.

Either way good post.

I would like to think that however it is very unlikely ! He deserves a goal, if he starts he''ll get one I think there''s only so much time before he scores and until then we show him support

Just by the law of averages he has to score sometime, even if it bounces off his ar$e and into the net.

[quote user="morty"]Just by the law of averages he has to score sometime, even if it bounces off his ar$e and into the net.[/quote]

Do you remember a game when Iwan nearly did that? Charged down the keeper, hit him and almost went in. Would have been a hilarious goal. Think it was on the same game Grahame Alexander scored a nice little OG for us!

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="morty"]Just by the law of averages he has to score sometime, even if it bounces off his ar$e and into the net.[/quote]

Do you remember a game when Iwan nearly did that? Charged down the keeper, hit him and almost went in. Would have been a hilarious goal. Think it was on the same game Grahame Alexander scored a nice little OG for us![/quote]I seem to remember Phil Mulryne scoring one like that.

I can see it now, Ricky will score with his toe and then be out injured for the rest of the season

Didn''t Wes score one where it bounced off his shins - and he nearly fell over celebrating that one?

Also I seem to remember that Simeon didn''t know much about the winner against Derby.

I don''t care how they go in these days.

Older fans with a better memory than me may remember this better than me?....................there was a goal I vaguely remember, I think it was vs Sheffield United, when Kevin Keelan did one of his usual kicks up field, I think it was Big Duncan was trotting up field with his back to Keelan and the ball hit him on the back of his head or his back and rebounded back over Keelan in to the goal..................did I imagine this or did it happen, anyone?

As for RVW, just a couple of winning goals between now and the end of the season would certainly restore faith and pay back his transfer fee, thats how much those wins are now worth......  

[quote user="Simple Jack"]I''ve just got a feeling that Ricky is going to shake off his latest debilitating twisted sock horror injury and score a hat trick today.

Life looks so much better after an alfresco breakfast of four cans of Special Brew outside the Guildhall.[/quote]

If you really drank four cans of special brew for breakfast, it would make you incapable...........oh, wait a minute....

Wonder what odds u could get on RVW scoring thinnking apart from Ruddy anyone else in team would have better odds.

Sorry but for me he is history there are better players to get us out of this mess. He is too lacking in confidence and committment especially around the box

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="morty"]Just by the law of averages he has to score sometime, even if it bounces off his ar$e and into the net.[/quote]

Do you remember a game when Iwan nearly did that? Charged down the keeper, hit him and almost went in. Would have been a hilarious goal. Think it was on the same game Grahame Alexander scored a nice little OG for us![/quote]I seem to remember Phil Mulryne scoring one like that.[/quote]

There was the Mulryne goal that bounced off the ref and then he volleyed it in. Lovely moment.

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="morty"]Just by the law of averages he has to score sometime, even if it bounces off his ar$e and into the net.[/quote]

Do you remember a game when Iwan nearly did that? Charged down the keeper, hit him and almost went in. Would have been a hilarious goal. Think it was on the same game Grahame Alexander scored a nice little OG for us![/quote]I seem to remember Phil Mulryne scoring one like that.[/quote]

There was the Mulryne goal that bounced off the ref and then he volleyed it in. Lovely moment.[/quote]Aye, that was it[Y]

The Mulryne one was Reading away. Darren Beckford knocked one in off his @rse at Villa Park - we are top of the league! Even he looked more likely to score than Wolf

If RVW somehow scores today.......The club shops will be flogging "Schmoke Schtoke an'' a Pancake?" and "Ricky? FOR SCHOOR!"  T-Shirts till the end of the season.....maybe?

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Life looks so much better after an alfresco breakfast of four cans of Special Brew outside the Guildhall.[/quote]
You and Zemas Tendon know each other? ;)

[quote user="Simple Jack"]I''ve just got a feeling that Ricky is going to shake off his latest debilitating twisted sock horror injury and score a hat trick today. Life looks so much better after an alfresco breakfast of four cans of Special Brew outside the Guildhall.[/quote]

But you''ve just started a thread which said today was a Bad Omen, so whats the right one then?[:S]

I get a feeling he will come good at some point this season. He''s not one to throw a houst fit or claim he''s bigger than the club, he''s a dedicated pro and keen for success with us. Every game I hope is finally the game he scores but it just hasn''t happened. I feel Hughton has put a lot of faith in RVW and will see it out until the end. You wouldn''t go in big at poker only to fold on the river very often would you? We have seen what Ricky is capable of, today will hopefully be the day.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Once saw Dean Coney score with his knob and another with his knee. [/quote]That''s twice as many as I saw him score.