Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Are we Big Enough for Today?

Literally I mean. We were bullied by Benteke at Villa last week and I just worry that we could suffer from crosses and set pieces against Stoke today.

I said after the Villa game that the team we put out that day was one of the shortest I could remember in a while and if we start with the same 11 today I worry about Crouch, Shawcross, Nzonzi and possibly Huth giving us problems in the air.

Oh well - we''ll see - hopefully we''ll play plenty of good attacking football and not have to worry too much about what Stoke are doing.

Crouch is rubbish in the air.
He''s just tall, his heading ability is almost bad enough to negate his hight.
Anyway, we''ve played Stoke before and not had a problem. No point worrying after a good 20 minute spell from Benteke when for the past 4/5/6 games Yobo and Bassong had been very good. Adebayor, Negrado, Dzecko etc didn''t cause too many problems...

Time will tell, but we have gone to pieces too many times this season to give me great hope.

We beat then at Stoke earlier in the season because we were quick and at them, not allowing them enough time to settle into their own game. Whether this could work again, and whether Hughton will try it, remains to be seen.

As for the high balls and crosses, Fer will be sadly missed, and with Martin and Olsson not much above average in height, we shall have to rely on the two centre backs, who could include Bennett.

You can go to the well too many times.I hope today is not the day that the bucket comes up empty.3 points are a must.

The thing with Crouch is he doesn''t really jump and tends to hold down the defender. If the ref spots it it''s a foul every time.

We were fine at their place but today had to be a concern that it''s so vital