Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Here we go aagain

I have lost count of the number of times this season Hughton has supposed to be 90 minutes away from the sack and today is certainly another one of them. Like many others my attitude changes by the week from get rid now to well he has bought another few games and lets stick with him for the rest of the season.

The Spurs game was both a good result and good performance , we could have scored more but Ruddy did save us on a couple of occasions. After that i certainly thought we were on the up. The abject capitulation at Villa was soul destroying and started off the alarm bells very loudly. Can they bounce back i hope so but we are due to run out of luck at home soon and Stoke despite their poor away form are just the type of team to take advantage. I hope i am wrong but i do not have a good feeling about today''s game. A win or even a draw and Hughton lives to fight a few more games but even at this late stage could he survive a home defeat i am not so sure

I agree. You just never know what sort of team, or performance, is going to turn up. A defeat will put us under immense pressure with games running out, and other teams with games in hand (not that that always counts in their favour) and one wonders whether a change might just inject a tiny piece of passion into the team, even to get a couple of quick results, which most new managers do seem to manage!Even if they don''t then continue the run. Would that be enough to keep us safe?

Do you think we have been lucky at home Yorkshire. I don''t, I think we have played pretty well and deserved the the results we''ve had. Let''s hope the players have a better feeling about today''s game than you do.

I''m expecting a good reaction after last weekend, the players are going to want to show that they are a lot better than the last performance, which we all know they are.

Looking forward to it!

Check out the next premier manager for the chop odds. The bookies have Hoots head already in the guillotine. Personally I think it would be suicidal to sack a manager at this stage of the season.

And Norwich despite their poor away form might just be the type of team to take advantage at Southampton next Saturday and if that''s off the back of a good result against Stoke today at home (where our share of bad luck may be behind us), it could see us in tenth place, nine points above third-bottom Sunderland (who will have three games in hand) - look at who''s playing who over the next two games. Yorkshire I''m not knocking anyone for their opinion because either scenario could pan out and, realistically, on balance you may be right, but it''s Saturday, football day and it''s my choice to enjoy it by going into it upbeat even if my head tells me it could all go belly up - isn''t that why we''re addicted? Would love to be able to be there at three o''clock with the hope of sharing the joy at ten to five after a match befitting a tribute to Big Dunc.

Until we''re mathematically safe there will be talk of Hughton being sacked every week - that appears to be a given now. What also appears to be a given is that the club will not sack him. I have wanted him out earlier in the season, but I have to say it would not save us now. Hughton clearly has the support of the players, even if there are some issues with how he is coaching them. We have seen in the past when you sack a manager who still has the dressing room it normally only serves to disrupt the players, and all but ensures relegation. With hughton at the helm, we have never been on a run so bad that he has to go - we''ve not lost 6 on the bounce or anything like that. We''re wildly inconsistent - a great performance is followed by a shocker. But you don''t sack a manager who is still getting some great performances from his players this late in the season. And let''s face it, you''re always going to have a poor game - and unless you''re in the top half of the league, by default those poor games are going to be as often if not more often than the great games sadly.

I agree with most of the points made above. I think it would be dangerous to change manager this late in the season. Equally a good result today and against Soton and you could ask why we would want to change anyway!

A Villa type game would set the alarm bells ringing so loudly that you never know what could happen.

To add though, I think that if we were to change course, the quality of available managers would be better in the summer. Would they wish to come to a championship club? Who would be a chief exec?

[quote user="the bristol nest"]I agree with most of the points made above. I think it would be dangerous to change manager this late in the season. Equally a good result today and against Soton and you could ask why we would want to change anyway!

A Villa type game would set the alarm bells ringing so loudly that you never know what could happen.

To add though, I think that if we were to change course, the quality of available managers would be better in the summer. Would they wish to come to a championship club? Who would be a chief exec?[/quote]I would be amazed if there was a managerial change, no matter what happens between now and the end of the season. But any repeat in the final 10 games of the abject capitulation against Villa (with Hughton''s acceptance of defeat) might well be taken into account by the directors in the summer in deciding whether to keep him on if we have stayed up.

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 08/03/2014 8:44 AM:

The way people talk about our home form, youd tthink we were Chelsea. Weve lost more at home than last yr already. We are on a current hot streak of 2 wins in 8 inc cup.

Formiddable.

I know you have concerns, many of which I share, but to be fair we have not lost a game at home this year, for a team in a relegation dog fight that''s good going.

To pinch a mis-quote from Mr Gump ''Norwich are like a box of chocolates, you never know which one you''ll get''

I''m almost 100% sure that we have Hoots in charge of the first team until the end of the season. It is much too late to change now. However, I would very much like to see a new man in charge for next season. I don''t think I could endure another season of Hoots'' brand of soccer,

[quote user="Shaun Tilly Lace"]I''m almost 100% sure that we have Hoots in charge of the first team until the end of the season. It is much too late to change now. However, I would very much like to see a new man in charge for next season. I don''t think I could endure another season of Hoots'' brand of soccer,[/quote]

But thats what you''ll get Mr Shaun because the board will quite rightly say he''s done his job.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="Shaun Tilly Lace"]I''m almost 100% sure that we have Hoots in charge of the first team until the end of the season. It is much too late to change now. However, I would very much like to see a new man in charge for next season. I don''t think I could endure another season of Hoots'' brand of soccer,[/quote]

But thats what you''ll get Mr Shaun because the board will quite rightly say he''s done his job.

[/quote]

If we stay up I meant to add.[:$]

This thread sums up the mood of this board the last couple of months. There''s much more important reasons to get a result today than whether the manager is sacked or not. If we lose today and the manager is sacked we are a lot more likely to be relegated than we are now while I''m writing this. It''s not about Hughton. It''s about the club as a whole including us supporters. The result we need is a win. Obviously the manager is important but sacking him can go either way. The idea that by sacking him we''ll stay up just isn''t the case. The idea that anybody would be better than Hughton is clearly wrong. You only have to look around you or at our own club''s history to see that.