Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="Brienne"]If it was anything other than sticking two fingers up to the manager, club and fans then all he has to do is release a statement explaining.

Why would he be sticking two fingers up to the fans?[/quote]Norwich city, as a whole, which includes the fans.

A stand out international and a Premiership footballer, What price do you say 3million ? 4 or more ? definitely not £800,000  !

[quote user="Brienne"]@BobRutler: Hughton says he''s spoke to Wes about his ''celebration'' on Sunday...The manager says Wes apologises if it upset fans. It wasn''t his intention[/quote]Thats not actually what he said.He actually said "If he caused any offence, then Wes would be the first to apologise"Not quite the same thing, is it?

morty wrote the following post at 06/03/2014 4:00 PM:

Brienne wrote:

If it was anything other than sticking two fingers up to the manager, club and fans then all he has to do is release a statement explaining. Why would he be sticking two fingers up to the fans?

Norwich city, as a whole, which includes the fans.

That''s comment says more about your own prejudice than the reality.

His gripe is with the management not with the fans.

[quote user="Vanwink"]morty wrote the following post at 06/03/2014 4:00 PM:

Brienne wrote:

If it was anything other than sticking two fingers up to the manager, club and fans then all he has to do is release a statement explaining. Why would he be sticking two fingers up to the fans?

Norwich city, as a whole, which includes the fans.

That''s comment says more about your own prejudice than the reality.

His gripe is with the management not with the fans.[/quote]It does? How so?Whats my opinion on Wes, seeing as you seem to know I am prejudiced?His "action" seems to have upset quite a few fans though, hasn''t it?

The great thing about football is fans often see what they want to see. So an hour played in a glorified kickabout between two very average international nations is seen as a great signifier - and yes I believe the OP was trying to make a point. More telling to me, and I know Wes scored, was the inevitability we would get turned over at Villa with him in the team. Like Holt, Wes achieved great things and we should always remember that. Like Holt, although we love him, he is talented but not really good enough for the Prem. Without wanting to dig up too many bad memories he seems to what Roeder referred to as an Inbetweener. Superlative in the Champs, liability in the Prem

[quote user="BigFish"]The great thing about football is fans often see what they want to see. So an hour played in a glorified kickabout between two very average international nations is seen as a great signifier - and yes I believe the OP was trying to make a point. More telling to me, and I know Wes scored, was the inevitability we would get turned over at Villa with him in the team. Like Holt, Wes achieved great things and we should always remember that. Like Holt, although we love him, he is talented but not really good enough for the Prem. Without wanting to dig up too many bad memories he seems to what Roeder referred to as an Inbetweener. Superlative in the Champs, liability in the Prem[/quote][Y]For me, he has no average game, he is either brilliant, or totally anonymous. He must be a nightmare to manage, on that basis.

Mortty

"It does? How so?"

Because nobody in their right mind would think that Wes would be sticking two fingers up to the fans, come on you can''t be serious.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Mortty

"It does? How so?"

Because nobody in their right mind would think that Wes would be sticking two fingers up to the fans, come on you can''t be serious.[/quote]Well a lot of fans are annoyed with his actions, and are offended by his behaviour, so its had the same effect, hasn''t it?

For me, he has no average game, he is either brilliant, or totally anonymous. He must be a nightmare to manage, on that basis.

Hughton cant manage him, he''s been wasted this season.

[quote user="Brienne"]For me, he has no average game, he is either brilliant, or totally anonymous. He must be a nightmare to manage, on that basis.

Hughton cant manage him, he''s been wasted this season.[/quote]Well done for managing to turn that into being about Chris Hughton[Y]

Well done for managing to turn that into being about Chris Hughton

Thats what it is about, if he hadnt been managed so badly he would not want to be off.

[quote user="Brienne"]Well done for managing to turn that into being about Chris Hughton

Thats what it is about, if he hadnt been managed so badly he would not want to be off.[/quote]If you say so[Y]

So many people jumping to irrational conclusions. Pre meditated, really morty? Jeez it could quite easily have been a spur of the moment to react like that. Nobody knows what Wes was thinking, and the club and players cleary see nothing wrong. Why do some fans know better?

Give him the benefit of doubt. The guys been a long servant for us and still can affect the season on a positive fashion. He needs to start regular now Fer is out. That way he can perhaps settle down a bit and produce more consistent performances. Then, after a run of games, he can be fairly judged.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]So many people jumping to irrational conclusions. Pre meditated, really morty? Jeez it could quite easily have been a spur of the moment to react like that. Nobody knows what Wes was thinking, and the club and players cleary see nothing wrong. Why do some fans know better?

Give him the benefit of doubt. The guys been a long servant for us and still can affect the season on a positive fashion. He needs to start regular now Fer is out. That way he can perhaps settle down a bit and produce more consistent performances. Then, after a run of games, he can be fairly judged.[/quote]Why is it irrational?Take your man love out of the equation here for a minute. Not sure if you have ever played, but scoring a goal is a wonderful feeling, usually followed by an outburst of delight at having done so. Sorry but to go through that whole thought process in the second after scoring a goal of "Nah I''m not going to celebrate?" Nah, not for me, he had already decided on what he''d do.Jesus, its like hitting your head against a brick wall, let me spell it out for you. Managers do not leave consistently good players out of the team, you following me so far?Whatever you think of Hughton, it would be career suicide to leave a player, who is playing well, out of the team. Wes, at this level will have one good game, and two or three anonymous ones.So do you see why he isn''t getting started week in, week out?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]So many people jumping to irrational conclusions. Pre meditated, really morty? Jeez it could quite easily have been a spur of the moment to react like that. Nobody knows what Wes was thinking, and the club and players cleary see nothing wrong. Why do some fans know better?

Give him the benefit of doubt. The guys been a long servant for us and still can affect the season on a positive fashion. He needs to start regular now Fer is out. That way he can perhaps settle down a bit and produce more consistent performances. Then, after a run of games, he can be fairly judged.[/quote]Why is it irrational?Take your man love out of the equation here for a minute. Not sure if you have ever played, but scoring a goal is a wonderful feeling, usually followed by an outburst of delight at having done so. Sorry but to go through that whole thought process in the second after scoring a goal of "Nah I''m not going to celebrate?" Nah, not for me, he had already decided on what he''d do.Jesus, its like hitting your head against a brick wall, let me spell it out for you. Managers do not leave consistently good players out of the team, you following me so far?Whatever you think of Hughton, it would be career suicide to leave a player, who is playing well, out of the team. Wes, at this level will have one good game, and two or three anonymous ones.So do you see why he isn''t getting started week in, week out?[/quote]

Mangers don''t leave consistently leave good players out, haha! Your a tit. How about Roeder leaving Huckerby out? Mata at Chelsea? History is littered with star players being left out due to the manager not liking them, or a manger who is too limited to get the best out of them.

You talk so much drivel it''s unbelievable!

Lets flip your statement and says managers don''t return to former clubs to try and sign bad players, do they?

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]So many people jumping to irrational conclusions. Pre meditated, really morty? Jeez it could quite easily have been a spur of the moment to react like that. Nobody knows what Wes was thinking, and the club and players cleary see nothing wrong. Why do some fans know better?

Give him the benefit of doubt. The guys been a long servant for us and still can affect the season on a positive fashion. He needs to start regular now Fer is out. That way he can perhaps settle down a bit and produce more consistent performances. Then, after a run of games, he can be fairly judged.[/quote]Why is it irrational?Take your man love out of the equation here for a minute. Not sure if you have ever played, but scoring a goal is a wonderful feeling, usually followed by an outburst of delight at having done so. Sorry but to go through that whole thought process in the second after scoring a goal of "Nah I''m not going to celebrate?" Nah, not for me, he had already decided on what he''d do.Jesus, its like hitting your head against a brick wall, let me spell it out for you. Managers do not leave consistently good players out of the team, you following me so far?Whatever you think of Hughton, it would be career suicide to leave a player, who is playing well, out of the team. Wes, at this level will have one good game, and two or three anonymous ones.So do you see why he isn''t getting started week in, week out?[/quote]

Mangers don''t leave consistently leave good players out, haha! Your a tit. How about Roeder leaving Huckerby out? Mata at Chelsea? History is littered with star players being left out due to the manager not liking them, or a manger who is too limited to get the best out of them.

Lets flip your statement and says managers don''t return to former clubs to try and sign bad players, do they?[/quote]You''re a deluded moron.

Hoolahan wouldn''t have even been on the pitch at Villa, were it not for the fact Howson was only just back from injury.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]So many people jumping to irrational conclusions. Pre meditated, really morty? Jeez it could quite easily have been a spur of the moment to react like that. Nobody knows what Wes was thinking, and the club and players cleary see nothing wrong. Why do some fans know better?

Lets flip your statement and says managers don''t return to former clubs to try and sign bad players, do they?[/quote]You''re a deluded moron.[/quote]

Stunning relpy.

You don''t have an opinion on Lambert trying to sign a former player? Would you not agree he must rate him quite highly to try and sign him?

How about when Roeder left out huckerby, was he right?

Russell Martin, the then Peterborough captain, couldn''t get a game for a team at the bottom of the Championship.

Four years later and he''s nearly completed his third Premier League season.

[quote user="NodgeFan"]Russell Martin, the then Peterborough captain, couldn''t get a game for a team at the bottom of the Championship.

Four years later and he''s nearly completed his third Premier League season.[/quote]And?

[quote user="morty"]Thats it, you keep changing the subject....[/quote]

It''s not changing the subject. I providing scenarios that make your statements look a bit daft.

I called you a tit because your post was ridiculous. You clearly have an agenda against hoolahan, and are far too pig headed to allow your opinions to sway. So there''s not much point in you adding to any future Hoolhan posts. People know your stance.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NodgeFan"]Russell Martin, the then Peterborough captain, couldn''t get a game for a team at the bottom of the Championship.

Four years later and he''s nearly completed his third Premier League season.[/quote]And?[/quote]

And...... It proves you are wrong... Again!

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]Thats it, you keep changing the subject....[/quote]

It''s not changing the subject. I providing scenarios that make your statements look a bit daft.

I called you a tit because your post was ridiculous. You clearly have an agenda against hoolahan, and are far too pig headed to allow your opinions to sway. So there''s not much point in you adding to any future Hoolhan posts. People know your stance.[/quote]Tell you what, lets see how many games Hoolahan starts between now and the end of the season shall we?

[quote user="NodgeFan"]Why do you have to be so rude to people?

My point is that players not deemed ''good enough'' can actually prove their managers wrong.[/quote]Your comparison is ridiculous. Based on the age of the player, and where he is in his career.Putting up an example of a side buying a far younger player than Wes Hoolahan, then developing him, is hardly a similar situation to Wes''s.Is it?