Sign in to follow this  

Bit of a shame he''s not good enough for us. Hopefully when we stay up we go all out to get a high quality replacement.

[quote user="im spartacus"]did he join in the ireland goal celebration ? [:D][/quote][:D]

Dordevic''s effort ensured O''Neill''s unbeaten run came to an end at the third time of asking on a night when he took the opportunity to have a look at the depth of his squad.

He cannot have failed to be impressed by Hoolahan, whose 61 minutes on the pitch were packed with the kind of intelligence and a craft which prompted such consternation at Giovanni Trapattoni''s repeated refusal to select him.

[quote user="Brienne"]The resident experts feel that he''s not up to it, amazing isnt it, LMFAO.[/quote]

I don''t see myself as a resident expert, but imo its not always about Wes.  At his best he is very good - but, if the players around him aren''t of sufficient quality it is difficult to accomodate him when he is not at his best - and he does disappear/play poorly at times.   You need a very strong midfield around him at premiership level and as was proved on Sunday - we did not have that.   Johnson and Tettey struggled on their own and Snodgrass is not he best at tracking back.   So it is about the balance of the team if you want to play Wes - imo. 

He should be one of the first names on the team sheet, the most creative player in the squad by far. If he has a bad game take him off and change things! Drop him and bring him back, he needs to be managed like any other player, has been wasted this season.

Pleased for him.....BUT as far as I am concerned he shouldnt be in the squad or ever pull on a yellow and green jersey again, regardless of how good he can be.......and this is probably about the only problem I have with CH at the moment despite not being an "outer".

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Pleased for him.....BUT as far as I am concerned he shouldnt be in the squad or ever pull on a yellow and green jersey again, regardless of how good he can be.......and this is probably about the only problem I have with CH at the moment despite not being an "outer".[/quote]

The goal celebration thing has been blown completely out of proportion, mainly be the so called fans who have given wes stick for years. This is just the opportunity they need to turn the majority against him, which appears to be working.

Some people are so stupid. Who cares whether he celebrated or not. I don''t remember the stick lasting with Snoddy when he mouthed off at fans? There''s no loyalty in football, stop living in a fairy tale and get used to it. Hoolahan is good enough to make a positive effect on the outcome of our season. Don''t cut your nose to spite your face.

Lincoln - why do you even pretend to be a Norwich fan. I detest people like you who are always trying to get under people''s skin with your snide points and negativity. Can only imagine what you are like in "real life"!

I''m glad for Wes, still my favourite player to watch in the current squad and I wish he was utilised more, especially as I think of any front two we have played this season, Wes and Hooper seem to have the best understanding and create chances more likely to lead to goals.

In terms of his relationship with Hughton though, it seems obvious that one or the other, or both, wont be here by the end of the summer.

So I saw... I wonder if we can accommodate him in the team behind RVW, i don''t think that combo''s been tried yet.

I want to just explain my view on Wes Hoolahan before I am included in this group of pathological haters.

For me, before the situations the club has had with Wes, I was always a fan of his particular ability and like the majority acknowledge exactly what a huge contribution he did make to our efforts under Paul Lambert, I am surprised to hear that some fans actually had a dislike for him before January, on the contrary I''d say. However, for the last couple of seasons and even during our first season in the EPL I personally have thought that he is not effective consistently enough during games at this level, particularly in the system we now play and with the players the club currently has in its squad, an excellent squad player for certain games and certain match situations, can be a match winner no doubt, but not a guaranteed starter.

At another club with a different way of playing and different complimentary players he may well be starter material, good, I have no problem with that, but I dont think he really fits into the midfield unit we need for the majority of matches for us to get the points we need, as I feel was proven when the midfield looked so ineffective against Villa, despite his goal.

I have no hatred at all for Wes Hoolahan...................however, his behaviour recently, in my view and I am entitled to it, is that in slagging off his employer (the club we all support with a passion) after he didnt get the transfer, a transfer that was so clearly being manipulated by Villa and his Agent, that he should not play again for our club. Now,I may have changed my view had I read an apology, but unless I have missed something that has never come (unlike Snodgrass who when getting unwarranted abuse from a few idiots actually apologised when I dont think he should have).

So, my view since January and before his non celebration, and I feel general selfish display against Villa (yes I know he scored) was already that he shouldnt be in the squad, and the non celebration just made my mind up even more.   

Some on here just need to accept other people''s opinion''s without feeling the need to throw insults just because they dont agree, I respect everyone''s views and will always do my best to challenge sensitively and without insults or under handed comments.

[quote user="Dicky"]Lincoln - why do you even pretend to be a Norwich fan. I detest people like you who are always trying to get under people''s skin with your snide points and negativity. Can only imagine what you are like in "real life"![/quote]

?? I''m not trying to get under anyone''s skin. Just making a valid point that one of our players had a fine game last night.

Whilst trying to remind people that he can still have a positive impact on our season.

[quote user="Dicky"]Lincoln - why do you even pretend to be a Norwich fan. I detest people like you who are always trying to get under people''s skin with your snide points and negativity. Can only imagine what you are like in "real life"![/quote]

?? I''m not trying to get under anyone''s skin. Just making a valid point that one of our players had a fine game last night.

Whilst trying to remind people that he can still have a positive impact on our season.

The Wes question!!!!!!! One match he''s a world beater the next 3 he''s a liability on the pitch! A bit harsh but teams can put a man on Wes and mark him out of the game most of tht time.

On his day Wes has more creative ability, just a shame his day is not every game. With all our inuries, I think Wes will have a big part to play to the end of the season, but I must admit, I would like to see him respect the fans more and celebrate goals and wins as if it mattered to him. He has no connection with Villa and was slightly out of order last week.

Play him on Saturday and see what he can do against Stoke, in my view.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

I want to just explain my view on Wes Hoolahan before I am included in this group of pathological haters.

For me, before the situations the club has had with Wes, I was always a fan of his particular ability and like the majority acknowledge exactly what a huge contribution he did make to our efforts under Paul Lambert, I am surprised to hear that some fans actually had a dislike for him before January, on the contrary I''d say. However, for the last couple of seasons and even during our first season in the EPL I personally have thought that he is not effective consistently enough during games at this level, particularly in the system we now play and with the players the club currently has in its squad, an excellent squad player for certain games and certain match situations, can be a match winner no doubt, but not a guaranteed starter.

At another club with a different way of playing and different complimentary players he may well be starter material, good, I have no problem with that, but I dont think he really fits into the midfield unit we need for the majority of matches for us to get the points we need, as I feel was proven when the midfield looked so ineffective against Villa, despite his goal.

I have no hatred at all for Wes Hoolahan...................however, his behaviour recently, in my view and I am entitled to it, is that in slagging off his employer (the club we all support with a passion) after he didnt get the transfer, a transfer that was so clearly being manipulated by Villa and his Agent, that he should not play again for our club. Now,I may have changed my view had I read an apology, but unless I have missed something that has never come (unlike Snodgrass who when getting unwarranted abuse from a few idiots actually apologised when I dont think he should have).

So, my view since January and before his non celebration, and I feel general selfish display against Villa (yes I know he scored) was already that he shouldnt be in the squad, and the non celebration just made my mind up even more.   

Some on here just need to accept other people''s opinion''s without feeling the need to throw insults just because they dont agree, I respect everyone''s views and will always do my best to challenge sensitively and without insults or under handed comments.

[/quote]

I can agree I don''t take negative comments about Wes very well. He''s my favourite and have loved watching him over the years. I do need to respect the views of people who don''t rate him, despite the fact I find it so baffling how he divides opinion.

However my point about the stick he''s getting over the non celebration remains valid. Nobody from within the club or Wes himself has spoken about it, so people are firming there own opinions, and some are going crazy for a witch hunt. Like I said previously, snoddy received no where near the same criticism when mouthing off to the fans. People have labeled wes a disgrace and an embarrassment, if anything snoddys actions were more embarrassing, and arguably more disgraceful.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

[/quote]

I can agree I don''t take negative comments about Wes very well. He''s my favourite and have loved watching him over the years. I do need to respect the views of people who don''t rate him, despite the fact I find it so baffling how he divides opinion.

However my point about the stick he''s getting over the non celebration remains valid. Nobody from within the club or Wes himself has spoken about it, so people are firming there own opinions, and some are going crazy for a witch hunt. Like I said previously, snoddy received no where near the same criticism when mouthing off to the fans. People have labeled wes a disgrace and an embarrassment, if anything snoddys actions were more embarrassing, and arguably more disgraceful.

lincoln canary wrote the following post at 06/03/2014 12:04 PM:

"People have labeled wes a disgrace and an embarrassment, if anything snoddys actions were more embarrassing, and arguably more disgraceful."

Not really, Snoddy''s was in the heat of the moment, he knew why he was getting the stick and was angry with himself as well. He also apologised afterwards.

The little crab-like shithouse, however is acting like a spoilt child and should clear off and take his colouring books with him.

On the plus side Lincoln, if CH freezes him out for the rest of the season, there''s an outside chance he might sign for Reading.

JG gets it just about right, although maybe "The little crab-like shithouse" is a bit strong.......he remains a talented footballer and will continue to divide opinion I guess......but while he does, if he plays, then let''s see some respect and some team play please......he can of course still have a part to play regardless of my view on the subject.   

[quote user="Fuzzar"]On the plus side Lincoln, if CH freezes him out for the rest of the season, there''s an outside chance he might sign for Reading.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="NodgeFan"]Some Norwich fans had a dislike of Wes before the January affair, some have even shown complete pathological hate, and have used the last couple of months to fuel their agenda.[/quote]Show me one genuine example of this.

Further to the (lack of ) comparison with Snoddy, for me, Wes''s lack of celebration was quite obviously pre-meditated, he didn''t just decide spur of the moment not to celebrate.If it was anything other than sticking two fingers up to the manager, club and fans then all he has to do is release a statement explaining.

If it was anything other than sticking two fingers up to the manager, club and fans then all he has to do is release a statement explaining.

Why would he be sticking two fingers up to the fans?

@BobRutler: Hughton says he''s spoke to Wes about his ''celebration'' on Sunday...The manager says Wes apologises if it upset fans. It wasn''t his intention