Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Norwich City vs Stoke City match thread

"So what would you have done?"

Not start with RVW......and have him nowhere near the bench, to avoid temptation........

What a disappointment, yet another chance to get some decent separation from the bottom four slips by... but until we can learn to score a second, getting hit by a sucker puck or defensive slip up like that was always on the cards...

... still at least West Brom (and Palace) lost, those two home games v West Brom and Sunderland are huge.

[quote user="AJ"]As depressing as it is, we stopped Stoke picking up more than a point.

Not great, but at least we didn''t lose.[/quote]
This is true, but I feel thats probably the way Hughton justifies games like that to himself. That typifies everything that is wrong with this season, as decent play and going for it in the right way, getting 1 win would have been better than 2 draws.

[quote user="vonbonds"]I don''t post much because I am a novice fan. Even my eyes can see plain as day that this team doesn''t have enough quality. 3 points out of this game was mandatory.

Who cares if Hughton gets canned now as it is more than him. Even if they fight off relegation will there be enough in the bank to bring in enough quality players with creativity, pace and bravery to compete in the Premiership.

This team is fcuking sh!t.[/quote]

Haha, apparently this is my first post. I could have sworn I posted here before.

Whatever..I am completely pissed now.

agreed re RVW....I really wanted him to be succesful when he signed, even thought he might go on to be a premiership legend and we''d have been fighting the big clubs off in January...Now I wish we''d kept Kei Kamara.. and he wasn''t much cop either! Ricky is a nice guy.. but nice guys finish last... cash in and move on City please!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]just 4 points clear of Cardiff sadly now[/quote]and 3 points off 10th happily now...[/quote]
We''ll see about that when the clubs above us have played their game in hand

Well as I predicted Hughton played RVW might as well have started with ten men.

Bassong who has clearly lost the plot in last two games favoured over Bennett and no Howson from the start.

Well almost certain hopeless Hughton will take us down still not realising his so predictable style of play is easy to negate , the players do not seem to care either so much for the we will come out fighting.

All you Hughton supporters hang your head in shame, this is the crud he has served up all season

Hughes watched the Hull game and handled the red card perfectly. We are so lightweight up front. Today and Hull are 2 games where Holt would have made the difference. Still searching for his replacement in quality, tenacity, physicality, leadership, and balls.

lets hope the press were finally right about this being a win or bust match and mcnally finally does the decent thing and sacks hughton, this is like watching a dog being put down in slow motion

[quote user="basil brush"]Another typical Hughton game. Apart from two points dropped, the only silver lining is that CH is ever nearer his P45.[/quote]
9 games left we just need to get behind the team and hope for the best, if we stay up it will be more luck than judgement.
Honestly I don''t want Hughton after this season regardless of the outcome, I think it''s best we moved on.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Hughes watched the Hull game and handled the red card perfectly. We are so lightweight up front. Today and Hull are 2 games where Holt would have made the difference. Still searching for his replacement in quality, tenacity, physicality, leadership, and balls.[/quote]and goalseven if he only managed 7 or 8 it would still be more than his much more expensive replacement has managed

By the way suspect our darling manager will say something like could be precious point, yes right means McNally will not see sense and sack him, which he should have done in November!

And once again Hughton brought on a sub when nowt needed to change, usual negative tactics trying to seal up game rather than go for it. That is why we never get more than one goal.

I really think Hughton must be watching another game no one in right mind would start with RVW rather try Becchio or another attacking midfielder

Exactly, is. I can''t believe I left "goals" out of my rant but when I see red, I lose focus.

I made your exact point a few weeks ago. Holt''s lowly 8 goals (which mean we no longer need him) were looking like at least 2nd best for us this year. Weeks later, his 8 look more like enough to be tops for us. Plus all the other factors he has and none of our current trio do.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]just 4 points clear of Cardiff sadly now[/quote]and 3 points off 10th happily now...[/quote]
[/quote]still interested to hear what you''d have done today... especially once Walters was sent off?

[quote user="CJ"]And once again Hughton brought on a sub when nowt needed to change, usual negative tactics trying to seal up game rather than go for it. That is why we never get more than one goal.

I really think Hughton must be watching another game no one in right mind would start with RVW rather try Becchio or another attacking midfielder[/quote]
Most people agree it was completely the wrong sub, RVW should have been subbed at 50-60mins but Hughton seems to be on some sort of charity mission with this guy. When you are manager of a football club you can''t afford to be mr nice guy all the time

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]just 4 points clear of Cardiff sadly now[/quote]and 3 points off 10th happily now...[/quote]
[/quote]still interested to hear what you''d have done today... especially once Walters was sent off?[/quote]
Already have done.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]just 4 points clear of Cardiff sadly now[/quote]and 3 points off 10th happily now...[/quote]
[/quote]still interested to hear what you''d have done today... especially once Walters was sent off?[/quote]
Already have done.
[/quote]apologies.. just looked back and seen it... I still perhaps would have taken Wes off but not for Howson.. perhaps trying to control the game from higher up as I said earlier in the thread.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]still interested to hear what you''d have done today... especially once Walters was sent off?[/quote]
Brought Pilkington on instead of Elmander, and put him playing just off Hooper, with Howson sitting a little further back and switched Redmond and Snodgrass to the opposite flanks. Playing effectively a 4-1-4-1 and used the wide players to stretch Stoke to create gaps. We tried to play too much through the middle, and 10 men will always sit compact. Every time the ball was played into a shooting position I was distraught that it was BJ there and not Howson. They were doing what the other should of, and in the wrong places.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]apologies.. just looked back and seen it... I still perhaps would have taken Wes off but not for Howson.. perhaps trying to control the game from higher up as I said earlier in the thread.[/quote]
In terms of priorities though RVW should have been the number one candidate for substitution, it''s just a big mistake to try and shut up shop with 23mins to go.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"] I still perhaps would have taken Wes off but not for Howson.. perhaps trying to control the game from higher up as I said earlier in the thread.[/quote]
There was nothing that happened in that game that suggested Wes needed to come off. We looked worse without him.

Maybe, maybe not, SC.Hughton is an experienced pro and we''re mere know-nothing mortals. He must have seen something to know taking our MOM off and leaving our MEPE (most expensive player ever) on for more time was the thing to do.

"So what would you have done?"

"Not start with RVW."

"Not try and defend a 1-0 and take Hoolahan off!!!"

Have to agree emphatically with both these statements.