Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Norwich City vs Stoke City match thread

Norwich City: Ruddy; Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson; Snodgrass, Tettey, Johnson, Redmond; Hoolahan; van Wolfswinkel.Subs: Bunn, Whittaker, Howson, Hooper, Pilkington, Elmander, Becchio.Stoke City: Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross, Wilson, Pieters; Odemwingie, Whelan, Nzonzi, Arnautovic; Walters, Crouch.Subs: Sorensen, Muniesa, Palacios, Guidetti, Etherington, Wilkinson, Ireland.

Hoolahan and RVW.. so that’s one who doesn''t want to be here and one of the worst strikers in the clubs history...Watch them both play well now ;)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Hoolahan and RVW.. so that’s one who doesn''t want to be here and one of the worst strikers in the clubs history...Watch them both play well now ;)[/quote]We shall see. I get why Hoolahan has been picked, but not the choice of RvW over Hooper, unless the latter isn''t fully fit.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]the change today needs to come higher up.. Hooper for Wes. [/quote]
What? RVW has been hopeless so far, can''t even control the ball properly, our best chances have come from Wes
Hooper for RVW please

Hooper for Wes, really?

Because Stoke are the team you really try to put two forwards on and lump the ball to, they are crap at defending against that.

If Hughton thinks RVW is going to save Norwich''s season, then the sooner a white van is summoned, the better.

we need to get redmond more involved in the game, stoke havnt got a clue how to deal with him, get him on the right, take snodgrass off for pilkington, hooper for wolfjohnsons passing is getting worse lol

I really feel for RVW, but can''t help feeling Hooper does so much of a better job of holding the ball up and bringing other players into the game.

These are the most difficult of games to change players. At times its working, and at others it isn''t. You can change one player, and the game goes in your favour, or it falls apart completely. Just remember at the end of the game, we have the benefit of hindsight.

For me, Hooper on for Wes. He has created one or two chances, but not holding onto the ball enough for me. I''m confident in Snoddy and Redmond to find an opening, having Hooper sit between the lines will just add an extra second for support to get up for Ricky and himself.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Nither are very good really. We need to re evaluate that whole area in summer regardless of what league we are in.[/quote]

We tried last summer and in January, lets hope it doesn''t leave us thinking "what if we''d have got them?".

Funny how people see it differently, for me Stoke have a slow lumbering defence and I''d rather see hooper on for RVW to keep the ball better and play through it, with Howson replacing BJ at some point if its still 0-0.

Putting on two strikers and relying on Wingers to create your chances against Stoke feels like suicide.

why would you resort to long ball with 2 up front?I would have put 2 strikers on allowing either of them to drop slightly deeper and look for the ball, Ricky one play Hoops the next, cause confusion by getting them to swap sides and so the centre backs end up split.Hooper will run, strong and direct at the defenders, drawing the fouls and bringing set piece opportunities.but then lets just lump it shall we?

You think with a CM of Tettey and Johnson we wont end up going direct? Hardly known for their inventiveness

Unfortunately, if the current team fail to score, the odds of Hughton making any changes that will make a difference must weigh in at about 65/1 against.......