Sign in to follow this  
FCC

Hull Away - nothing learned

Anyone else remember playing 10 man Hull away earlier this season - and creating nothing.

This is what is so frustrating - same lack of a plan to capitalise on a man advantage. Same lack of creativity.

No idea what Chris Hughton has done - but Poyet and Pullis teams appear better organised, and they are largely working with the previous managers players - not their own signings.

And Sunderland and Palarse are still below us.I think everyone probably wants and indeed expects us to change manager in the summer but let''s no get to carried away in hammering our own team and manager when there are still important points to be won.

Correct, he''s going to be here for the rest of the season so can people just give it a rest when trying to find any and every opportunity to bash the guy?

Also, booing at half time and the end of the match? What was all that about?

[quote user="I.S."]Correct, he''s going to be here for the rest of the season so can people just give it a rest when trying to find any and every opportunity to bash the guy?

Also, booing at half time and the end of the match? What was all that about?[/quote]I ended up shouting at people who booed Elmander before he even kicked a ball.Morons.

Just reminds me of spoilt kids Morty. Literally I think people boo whenever we''re not winning at FCR these days.

Even heard suggestions that Hughton was worse than Roeder - a guy who utterly ripped the soul out of our club and was largely responsible for sending us over the abyss. Yes, things are certainly not all rosy, but we have a good young squad, and are in the best financial position we have probably ever been.

Couple that with the fact it is still well in our hands and I don''t get the ridiculous negativity. You would think we are Fulham given the attitude of a lot of the fans.

[quote user="FCC"]Anyone else remember playing 10 man Hull away earlier this season - and creating nothing.

This is what is so frustrating - same lack of a plan to capitalise on a man advantage. Same lack of creativity.

No idea what Chris Hughton has done - but Poyet and Pullis teams appear better organised, and they are largely working with the previous managers players - not their own signings.[/quote]Obviously you learnt nothing, its harder to attack a team who have no intention of attacking, who put ten men behind the ball and defend for their points.Anyone thinking it should be so much easier to beat ten men have zero knowledge about football and should probably be going shopping on a Saturday afternoon with the wife, instead of the football.

[quote user="I.S."]Just reminds me of spoilt kids Morty. Literally I think people boo whenever we''re not winning at FCR these days.

Even heard suggestions that Hughton was worse than Roeder - a guy who utterly ripped the soul out of our club and was largely responsible for sending us over the abyss. Yes, things are certainly not all rosy, but we have a good young squad, and are in the best financial position we have probably ever been.

Couple that with the fact it is still well in our hands and I don''t get the ridiculous negativity. You would think we are Fulham given the attitude of a lot of the fans.[/quote]I literally find it embarrassing.It shames me that some of our fans are so fickle, with such short memories.

Agree, it is nothing short of embarrassing, and pretty baffling as well. I''ve held a ST for 7 years now, and seen much worse times than today''s match. Can''t ever remember so much booing after a draw though.

Oh well, if we are relegated I''m sure some people will perversely be satisfied with that. Just to prove that they were right and Hootun is responsible for all our ills. Mind you, at least if we do go down he will get sacked and therefore we will certainly bounce straight back, right?

[quote user="I.S."]Agree, it is nothing short of embarrassing, and pretty baffling as well. I''ve held a ST for 7 years now, and seen much worse times than today''s match. Can''t ever remember so much booing after a draw though.

Oh well, if we are relegated I''m sure some people will perversely be satisfied with that. Just to prove that they were right and Hootun is responsible for all our ills. Mind you, at least if we do go down he will get sacked and therefore we will certainly bounce straight back, right?[/quote]I''m liking the cut of your jib, Mr IS[;)]

I think we''re lacking that siege mentality which we had in the first season. There is certainly a divide between management/players and fans, which is a shame because I think it has really given us an edge at home in the past.

Look at the atmosphere at the Spurs/Man City matches vs. today.

[quote user="I.S."]I think we''re lacking that siege mentality which we had in the first season. There is certainly a divide between management/players and fans, which is a shame because I think it has really given us an edge at home in the past.

Look at the atmosphere at the Spurs/Man City matches vs. today.[/quote]I think, as previously said, people have just become spoiled brats.Its not what our club is about, it genuinely pains me.

Ah well, you pay your money you make your choice, and people are entitled to express their feelings in whatever legal way they can.

That said, I would personally reserve booing for the really bad times.

I suspect many only started following City for the 3 years that Lambert was here and subsequently expect every season to be like those 3.They were truly great years for being a City supporter (though personally i still think the 18 months of Mike Walker''s first tenure stumps that and by some big margin) but when you have been supporting the team for 40 odd years you learn that for every great season there WILL be many indifferent or indeed dreadful years to put up with as well.I don''t see our current postion being anything like the appalling years of Roeder, Grant, Gunn or Bryan Hamilton.

And that sums up everything that''s wrong with the modern "TV football" supporter in my opinion.

If you genuinely believe that we are currently going through "really bad times" it makes me shake my head in wonder, and perhaps think that you have bought into the massive amount of OTT publicity surrounding the Premier League.

Really mediocre and dull times I would 100% agree with, but "really bad times"... honestly?!

[quote user="whoareyou"]I suspect many only started following City for the 3 years that Lambert was here and subsequently expect every season to be like those 3.They were truly great years for being a City supporter (though personally i still think the 18 months of Mike Walker''s first tenure stumps that and by some big margin) but when you have been supporting the team for 40 odd years you learn that for every great season there WILL be many indifferent or indeed dreadful years to put up with as well.I don''t see our current postion being anything like the appalling years of Roeder, Grant, Gunn or Bryan Hamilton.

[/quote]Agreed[Y]

You would have thought Stoke played with ten men for most of the game, ratther than just 15 mins!!, that said I was frustrated at the way we chose to lump the ball into the box, rather than getting the ball out wide and get in behind the Stoke defence, Interestingly Elmander was the only one who tried to do this........

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]You would have thought Stoke played with ten men for most of the game, ratther than just 15 mins!!, that said I was frustrated at the way we chose to lump the ball into the box, rather than getting the ball out wide and get in behind the Stoke defence, Interestingly Elmander was the only one who tried to do this........[/quote]Despite the fact morons booed him before he even kicked a ball....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]You would have thought Stoke played with ten men for most of the game, ratther than just 15 mins!!, that said I was frustrated at the way we chose to lump the ball into the box, rather than getting the ball out wide and get in behind the Stoke defence, Interestingly Elmander was the only one who tried to do this........[/quote]Despite the fact morons booed him before he even kicked a ball....[/quote]

Elmander should be starting games - people may not like him, he may not score, but he would bring Hooper/RVW into the game more. They need to be the box facing goal - how many times did RVW come out of the box deep to get the ball today?

And before anybody says i''m crazy & Elmander is useless, didnt Hooper score 5 in 8 playing mainly alongside him?

I like Elmander. I think he is an intelligent footballer who does the dirty work. I think we looked better against Newcastle when he came on, and I think we looked more likely today.

Unfortunately, a lot of fans think that all forward players must score goals regularly or they bring nothing to the team, whereas the rest of us appreciate it is about balancing the squad.

BUT I don''t understand why you would put him on the wing.

2 words - Emile Heskey. Slaughtered by fans, yet Michael Owen absolutely thrived for club & country next to him. Sometimes its not whats fans think that matters - its what gets the best out of the rest of the team that should matter most.

I like the fact today that Elmander took on 2 players, got round the outside & put a decent cross in, Redmond just stood & watched him do it - he could learn alot from him

Thing is, football fans need a boo boy. Norwich fans maybe more than most, although perhaps that''s just exposure.

Only at Carrow Road could you have a player who has played at the top level for most of his career, and is also an experience international for a half-decent team, who is slated. On the bus journey home, multiple people stating that he was useless and that Becchio would be a far better bet but our manager is an idiot.

[quote user="I.S."]Thing is, football fans need a boo boy. Norwich fans maybe more than most, although perhaps that''s just exposure.

Only at Carrow Road could you have a player who has played at the top level for most of his career, and is also an experience international for a half-decent team, who is slated. On the bus journey home, multiple people stating that he was useless and that Becchio would be a far better bet but our manager is an idiot.[/quote]I had to bite my lip as I walked out of the ground hearing "Yeah well they should play Becchio, I mean, he cudnt be much worse, could he?"Like selecting a football has ever hinged on the idea of "Yeah we''ll play him, he can''t be much worse"