Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

Any updates on Mr Tilly?

I heard he was poorly and I do miss his imput on here.

Any news?

Still in hospital, but slowly getting there.Its going to be a long haul to recovery, but he''s heading in the right direction.

Thanks for that Mr Morty pass on our best wishes if you see him please.

[quote user="splutcho"]That''s good news Morty. I assume they found out what was wrong with him eventually?[/quote]Yes, and he has responded well to treatment[Y]I miss his pub, post match rants, hopefully normal service will be resumed before the end of the season.

I went to visit Tilly yesterday. He''s still in HDU and is likely to be for a few days yet because his oxygen levels aren''t right. When they''re happy with that he will go on to a ward. He was reasonably chirpy and I told him everyone had sent their best wishes. He ended up with double pneumonia, his condition has improved but he''s really been through the mill and has a long haul in front of him for recovery. Even Tilly accepts he may not make another City match this season. But the important thing is that he gets well.

What I''ve seen and heard the last few weeks has brought it home to me how vulnerable we all are. Lets hope today brings a City win to cheer the old boy up. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I went to visit Tilly yesterday. He''s still in HDU and is likely to be for a few days yet because his oxygen levels aren''t right. When they''re happy with that he will go on to a ward. He was reasonably chirpy and I told him everyone had sent their best wishes. He ended up with double pneumonia, his condition has improved but he''s really been through the mill and has a long haul in front of him for recovery. Even Tilly accepts he may not make another City match this season. But the important thing is that he gets well.

What I''ve seen and heard the last few weeks has brought it home to me how vulnerable we all are. Lets hope today brings a City win to cheer the old boy up. 

[/quote]

A very BIG AMEN to that.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Thanks for the update - fingers crossed for a speedy recovery..

All the best to Mr. Tilson. Times like these put the football into perspective.