Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

We hear that Hughton is 'humble'.

But where is the humility?

We hear managers taking responsibility all the time, but where was Hughton putting his hands up today and admitting that he got things wrong?

Making a substitution which was clearly intended to protect a one goal lead for 25 minutes, at home to the team who we had dominated for most of the game, taking off a player who had just seriously tested their keeper twice.

Then the embarrassment of backtracking and reverting back to a two man attack in a desperate attempt to undo your mistake, but not mentioning the tactical change at all in your post match interview and instead deflecting the blame onto your players with this...

“The frustration comes from not seeing out the game,”

So he wasn''t to know that Stoke were to go down to ten men, but several people around me today remarked at the time that the substitution was too early, and that we should be pressing for a second.

Proved correct, everybody could see it.

I don''t believe for one minute that Hughton cannot see his own mistakes and failings. I think that he is unwilling to hold his hands up to them. The question is why?

And the answer is that he lacks humility, the attribute that the media and some fans try to claim that he has in abundance.

What does "seeing out the game" mean exactly? It means clinging on to the win doesn''t it?

It isn''t too much to ask for to have a manager who says "hands up I got it wrong" occasionally would it? Or better still one who doesn''t get it wrong and can say "I''m disappointed that we didn''t finish them off", which would be the attitude of a manager who sees his team concede an equaliser while trying to score a second goal.

We have a manager who intended to try and defend a one goal lead against Stoke City at home for half an hour. Some of us find that more depressing than simply failing to beat Stoke City at home.

Its not the first time i have had thoughts along these lines.

after the west ham game a few weeks back he came out and seemed to blame the players for poor finishing yet failed to take responsibility for subs that basically gave the impetus to the other team. A similar situation occured today

Oh and i couldn''t agree more with the last paragraph. After we scored the first thing i saw was Yobo & Tettey telling Ruddy to slow the play down. Then the Hoolahan sub came. From then on we were just inviting trouble

Okay, so we take the lead in a tight important game, and you are surprised to see the defence slowing the game down and ensuring we maintain concentration? Just out of interest, have you ever watched a football match before?

Le Juge, has it taken you that long to try to find an anti-Hughton pro-Hoolahan take on the result today?

Well done, you found it. Great job.

[quote user="I.S."]Le Juge, has it taken you that long to try to find an anti-Hughton pro-Hoolahan take on the result today?

Well done, you found it. Great job.[/quote][:D]

We were on top though.

Cardiff killed the game against Fulham today when after going 2-1 up in the 67th minute they kept attacking and forced a third in the 71st minute.

When we go one nil up if you slow the game down you are giving the opposition time to regain their composure and regroup. Which they did.

A Lambert team would not slow the game down and stop pressing after gaining a one goal lead. As we saw for ourselves the other day when they put four past us in 25 minutes.

The easiest time to score a second is shortly after the first. Instead we are instantly scared of conceding an equaliser. The story of our season, not having the belief or intent to score more than one goal (which is why we rarely do).

If Cardiff hadn''t have killed the game off with a third within 4 minutes then Fulham would have still been in the game.

What better example do you need?

It''s funny - I''m sure I''ve read about five million gazillion threads on this board this season saying that Hughton leaves it too late to bring on his subs.

Guess what - now he''s supposedly guilty of making his substitutuions too early - just another sign of how some people on here will contort reality every way they can to have a go.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]It''s funny - I''m sure I''ve read about five million gazillion threads on this board this season saying that Hughton leaves it too late to bring on his subs.

Guess what - now he''s supposedly guilty of making his substitutuions too early - just another sign of how some people on here will contort reality every way they can to have a go.[/quote]Yup[Y]

"Le Juge, has it taken you that long to try to find an anti-Hughton pro-Hoolahan take on the result today?"

Oh I had an anti-Hughton pro-Hoolahan take on this game about half an hour before the game finished. It may be an alien scenario to some on here but I attended the game, and then went to the pub, and then got a kebab, and so didn''t find time to pretend to be posting from an iPhone in the passenger seat of a car at 4.46pm.

I''ve read about five million gazillion posts from about five posters who can''t muster a single word against Hughton, which I find bizarre as that must make him the best manager in the history of the game in the eyes of those few posters. Maybe Man Utd should sack Moyes and appoint Hughton!

[quote user="I.S."]Okay, so we take the lead in a tight important game, and you are surprised to see the defence slowing the game down and ensuring we maintain concentration? Just out of interest, have you ever watched a football match before?[/quote]

funnily enough i have, yes. And i believe that if you make decisions to sit back on a 1-0 or 0-0 you are sending a message to the opposition players - it happened at west ham and it happened today. Final 5 minutes or when 2-0 up, but not at 1-0 with half an hour left.

[quote user="Le Juge"]We were on top though.

Cardiff killed the game against Fulham today when after going 2-1 up in the 67th minute they kept attacking and forced a third in the 71st minute.

When we go one nil up if you slow the game down you are giving the opposition time to regain their composure and regroup. Which they did.

A Lambert team would not slow the game down and stop pressing after gaining a one goal lead. As we saw for ourselves the other day when they put four past us in 25 minutes.

The easiest time to score a second is shortly after the first. Instead we are instantly scared of conceding an equaliser. The story of our season, not having the belief or intent to score more than one goal (which is why we rarely do).

If Cardiff hadn''t have killed the game off with a third within 4 minutes then Fulham would have still been in the game.

What better example do you need?[/quote]

exactly this - keep up the tempo and try and get the second goal. Stoke didn''t look like scoring, or even getting near our goal. The Hoolahan sub was made and we just sunk deeper and deeper. The entire midfield 5 at 1 point seemed to be on the edge of our area at 1 point before the penalty

Exactly, inviting them forward.

Some teams are successful in doing that (Stoke under Pulis the best example).

We aren''t, simple as.

It has been said, it I will say it again.

No master what Hoots do you lot find reason to use it against him. Bassong list us the points with a stupid tackle.. Bringing g Howson on made perfect sense.

I reLy do get saddened by the tosh we read on here week I. Week out.

If u also read my and several other posts before the match they thought after Spurs and Villa match Bassong should be dropped as making errors