Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Not Good Enough

These games we should be winning simply not good enough in this league. I thought strikers were supposed to score goals, they have not done much this season. Is it them or the way Hughton sets up the team. Need a clean out at the end of the season from top to bottom. Not confident of survival this season.

Bit of both in my opinion. The longer a striker goes without scoring, the harder it becomes. Every miss gets magnified and cranks the pressure up some more. Playing 1 up top for most of the season probably hasn''t helped the cause of our strikers,however it''s the lack of chances we create for them that worries me. Apart from wba away I can''t remember a goal we have scored from a nice, slick through ball for 1 of our strikers to run on to and finish

There have been too many points thrown away when we should have killed off games and that will be our undoing at the end of the season. Every point now is vital as there are some other very poor sides below / around us. I think we will be relying on other teams to be worse than us. Sunderland have three games in hand so we must beat them at home.