Sign in to follow this  
BOO

Elmander

Gets a fair bit of stick, often because people see him as keeping wonder boy Becchio sitting on the bench, he did ok when he came on today.

Got into space and put some good balls in, the only one really that looked like he had a clue how to break down 10 men.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Gets a fair bit of stick, often because people see him as keeping wonder boy Becchio sitting on the bench, he did ok when he came on today.

Got into space and put some good balls in, the only one really that looked like he had a clue how to break down 10 men.[/quote]Classy work by the "fans" booing him before he had even kicked a ball today[Y]

I often think Elmander does alright. He''s had a good career in football and you can see he tries to do the right things.

Does his best but not necessarily the player we needed.

I would start elmander with hooper/rvw for the next few games. I don''t think its any coincidence that Hoopers best form was alongside Elmander

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 08/03/2014 11:19 PM:

He did alright today. No need for the booing.

Has he played up top with the wolf yet? I think he''d do the graft that is currently taking rvw away from the box.

Agree entirely,.

Morty,

From where I was sitting, near the dugout, the fans were chanting Hooper, Hooper, not realising Hooper was coming on too. The feeling was that Elmander was coming on and Hooper was being left on the bench, I don''t think it was booing of Elmander.

Whilst I don''t disagree, lets just hope our moronic fans haven''t destroyed his confidence by booing him.

[quote user="Ray"]Morty,

From where I was sitting, near the dugout, the fans were chanting Hooper, Hooper, not realising Hooper was coming on too. The feeling was that Elmander was coming on and Hooper was being left on the bench, I don''t think it was booing of Elmander.[/quote]They were booing Elmander, trust me, I heard it with my own ears in the upper Barclay.

morty wrote the following post at 08/03/2014 11:26 PM:

Whilst I don''t disagree, lets just hope our moronic fans haven''t destroyed his confidence by booing him.

I think he''s a bigger character than that.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]He did alright today. No need for the booing. Has he played up top with the wolf yet? I think he''d do the graft that is currently taking rvw away from the box.[/quote]

Tried it at the start of the season and it didn''t work very well.

However, I don''t think Elmander really had the match fitness at that stage.

About 50 people out of 26,000 booed him. So lets not start a witch hunt for the "thousands" of booing fans.

[quote user="SooperHooper"]About 50 people out of 26,000 booed him. So lets not start a witch hunt for the "thousands" of booing fans.[/quote]Well you said "witch hunt" and "thousands".Nobody else.Do you think its okay to boo our players then?

I heard a bit of booing but soon was drowned out by Hooper chants.

Agree VanWink, i would love to see RVW playing in and around the box. Elmander would do the hard work to let him play that game

I think we should save the booing of Elmander til after the game when hes offered fuck all AGAIN !!!

[quote user="SooperHooper"]I think we should save the booing of Elmander til after the game when hes offered fuck all AGAIN !!![/quote]Did you go to the game today?How did you think he played?Did you boo him on, or off, or both?

Well what did he do in those 10 mins, win a header ? No. Win a corner, yes and put a cross in. Wow thanks for the input. This is the problem, settling for mediocre rubbish. If thats someone doing well then god help us

[quote user="SooperHooper"]Well what did he do in those 10 mins, win a header ? No. Win a corner, yes and put a cross in. Wow thanks for the input. This is the problem, settling for mediocre rubbish. If thats someone doing well then god help us[/quote]So you think its okay to boo him then?Its not the fricking pantomime.

[quote user="SooperHooper"]where did i say it was ok ?????[/quote]"I think we should save the booing of Elmander til after the game when hes offered *** all AGAIN !!!"There?

Sooner hooper.....he got into a wide area and put in a terrific cross that almost resulted in an own goal, pulled another excellent ball back for Jonno to miss hit, you must have been watching a completely different game!

Tettey coming off after that tackle who else was Hughton likely to put on as a sub? Pilks? Bunn? Becchio? The sub error was taking Wes off. Not because I think Howson is poor but because Wes was playing pretty well yesterday. Elmander and Hooper have shown they are developing a good rapport on the pitch so that double sub made sense. The booing by those who thought Hooper was being left on the bench with just Elmander coming on should look more closely to see what''s happening before making assumptions.