Sign in to follow this  
City Till I Die

No excuse! That was 2 points lost!

Totally agree

If we go down, and sadly that is looking more and more likely now, the Board must accept full responsibility for not having the balls to act sooner and replace Hughton. As much as I like the idea of having a British manager I think the game is a continental one now and we need to move with the times.

We look pretty much Championship material... no real ideas - very predictable as always. Can only see us staying up if all the teams below us are even worse in the run in. I don''t see no fight in this team/management set-up.

the attempts on goal after they went down to ten men were absolutely woefulthe build up play was even worse

Whilst i am totally anti Hughton and his negative philosophy the way results went today 1 point is not a disaster. Anyone at the game would also realize that we could and should have been a couple of goals behind at HT now a loss really would have been a bad day

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Whilst i am totally anti Hughton and his negative philosophy the way results went today 1 point is not a disaster. Anyone at the game would also realize that we could and should have been a couple of goals behind at HT now a loss really would have been a bad day[/quote]

I don''t agree. At this stage in the season anything less than 3 points at home against another team in the relegation mix is a disaster especially one with 10 men for 15 mins. Like so many other occasions this season we bottled it and let a good opportunity go to waste.

Another huge two points thrown away against a team around us. A stupid pointless penalty given away out of absolutely nothing, there was nothing there for them second half and they were running out of ideas. We''ve tossed away 8 points since the start of Feb (maybe even 11 if you want to count Villa) and they are all down to our own failures. It''s asking for trouble.

Feel so deflated, if i put my hand on my heart I think we will be relegated I''m afraid. We need 6 points against Sunderland and West Brom otherwise I fail to see how we cannot be relegated.

[quote user="YellowBlood"]Another huge two points thrown away against a team around us. A stupid pointless penalty given away out of absolutely nothing, there was nothing there for them second half and they were running out of ideas. We''ve tossed away 8 points since the start of Feb (maybe even 11 if you want to count Villa) and they are all down to our own failures. It''s asking for trouble.

Feel so deflated, if i put my hand on my heart I think we will be relegated I''m afraid. We need 6 points against Sunderland and West Brom otherwise I fail to see how we cannot be relegated.[/quote]I think most would agree with that.36 points is an absolute minimum requirement and still looks a long way off.

sadly, I''m not sure if we can say it was 2 points dropped today as that would suggest we deserved to win it, which we didn''t.

On balance of play a draw was a fair result. We were guilty of not going for the second to kill it off and thinking we could just allow the game  to peter out into a 1-0

It looked like a pre-season game for most of the first half - neither side displayed a will to win. Stoke blew 3 or 4 clear goal-scoring chances before HT and still didn''t look bothered.

On ''Duncan Forbes Day'' it was clear we desperately need a dominant, fist-pumping leader out there...

[quote user="YellowBlood"]Another huge two points thrown away against a team around us. A stupid pointless penalty given away out of absolutely nothing, there was nothing there for them second half and they were running out of ideas. We''ve tossed away 8 points since the start of Feb (maybe even 11 if you want to count Villa) and they are all down to our own failures. It''s asking for trouble.

Feel so deflated, if i put my hand on my heart I think we will be relegated I''m afraid. We need 6 points against Sunderland and West Brom otherwise I fail to see how we cannot be relegated.[/quote]The essential statistics (with last season''s in brackets) are now:Points per game 1.0 (1.157).Goals per game: 0.75 (1.0789).Goals conceded per game: 1.517 (1.526).If continued precisely (bearing in mind that we now have one more away game than home games left) we would finish with 38 points (44) and a goal difference of -29 (-17).Our game aside, the other results went well for us, assuming it would be good to avoid relegation...[:D]West Brom (whose form since the first third of the season has been dreadful) lost at home against the worst Man Utd side in a few decades, and while a draw would have been preferable in the Cardiff-Fulham game, a home win was better than an away win.So as things stand we are heading for the perfect scenario. In which we stay up, but by a narrower than necessary margin. Giving seven people in a boardroom cause for thought.

Very disappointing. We did not deserve the win today, but I fancied us keeping a clean sheet after Stoke''s wasteful first half.

In a way the red card hindered us as Stoke then sat back very deeply in two banks of 4 and we very much struggled to break them down. It just needed a little bit of magic, and unfortunately there just seemed a little too much fatigue in the squad today.

It is a very disappointing result, but a point is better than none. I''m not so sure it''s the disaster people think it is, as I fancy us to take points off any team at home. I guess if someone offered me 5 points out of Spurs, Man City, and Stoke at home it would have been an decent return so it''s just a shame we have not taken advantage of what would have been bonus points today.

The way some people were talking on the bus ride home today, you would think we were in Fulham''s position. We''re not down yet, and I still think we will make the 36 points we need.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YellowBlood"]Another huge two points thrown away against a team around us. A stupid pointless penalty given away out of absolutely nothing, there was nothing there for them second half and they were running out of ideas. We''ve tossed away 8 points since the start of Feb (maybe even 11 if you want to count Villa) and they are all down to our own failures. It''s asking for trouble.

Feel so deflated, if i put my hand on my heart I think we will be relegated I''m afraid. We need 6 points against Sunderland and West Brom otherwise I fail to see how we cannot be relegated.[/quote]The essential statistics (with last season''s in brackets) are now:Points per game 1.0 (1.157).Goals per game: 0.75 (1.0789).Goals conceded per game: 1.517 (1.526).If continued precisely (bearing in mind that we now have one more away game than home games left) we would finish with 38 points (44) and a goal difference of -29 (-17).Our game aside, the other results went well for us, assuming it would be good to avoid relegation...[:D]West Brom (whose form since the first third of the season has been dreadful) lost at home against the worst Man Utd side in a few decades, and while a draw would have been preferable in the Cardiff-Fulham game, a home win was better than an away win.So as things stand we are heading for the perfect scenario. In which we stay up, but by a narrower than necessary margin. Giving seven people in a boardroom cause for thought.[/quote]Exactly right Purple, although I''m beginning to worry that 38 points might be tough to get. 35 or 36 may even be enough but it''s all still very fine margins and only takes one bad result to upset the apple cart. WBA and Sunderland at home will be ultra critical IMO.

[quote user="I.S."]Very disappointing. We did not deserve the win today, but I fancied us keeping a clean sheet after Stoke''s wasteful first half. In a way the red card hindered us as Stoke then sat back very deeply in two banks of 4 and we very much struggled to break them down. It just needed a little bit of magic, and unfortunately there just seemed a little too much fatigue in the squad today. It is a very disappointing result, but a point is better than none. I''m not so sure it''s the disaster people think it is, as I fancy us to take points off any team at home. I guess if someone offered me 5 points out of Spurs, Man City, and Stoke at home it would have been an decent return so it''s just a shame we have not taken advantage of what would have been bonus points today. The way some people were talking on the bus ride home today, you would think we were in Fulham''s position. We''re not down yet, and I still think we will make the 36 points we need.[/quote]

do you really think 36 will be enough?...especially with our goal diff being unfavourble to most sides already and only likely to get a lot worse in the last 4 games. I can see 36 getting us relegated on goal diff

Who knows GLJ? A few weeks ago I thought 36 would have been enough, but as always it is very unpredictable at this stage of the season. That said, I find it very unlikely that all the teams in 16th to 18th will pick up more points than us given then our current home form is okay and we have played some tough teams.

I''ll stick with my gut instinct, but in all honesty who can say? It certainly should not be running this close to the wire, but we don''t take our chances and have no one to blame other than ourselves for this predicament...