Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

Players that would improve next season

I''m finding it difficult to stay optimistic, I need some light and an optimistic thread on what players we do have that are good or will become good might brighten us up ey? - personally a player that''s really stood out from the whistle is Fer understandably still adapting but his first 2 months at the start of the season were class and I really hope he has a speedy recovery

Agree about Fer Aidan. Also think that with more experience Redmond''s decision making and final ball could improve and we''d have a real top player on our hands.

Think we may also see more of Declan Rudd next season (especially if we are in the Championship). Preston fans have been raving about him all season long.

Oh - and of course - once RVW finally manages to score again his confidence could sky rocket and he could go on a goal scoring run. (I did say ''could'').

Redmond is a top player but hughton always plays him on his not so preferred wing which I feel he is limiting his growth, what do you think about the Murphy twins?

And also I feel RVW salvation will happen next season, it will be hard to recover from such a draught this season, but I still have faith.

Should imagine Fer, Redmond, RVW & Hooper would all prosper under a manager who lets them express themselves much more.

[quote user="AidanC"]And also I feel RVW salvation will happen next season, it will be hard to recover from such a draught this season, but I still have faith.[/quote]

I often wonder what could have been with RVW if he had taken that penalty when Snoddy took the ball away. If RVW had taken it and scored, could we have seen a more confident player?

His confidence definately would of been different but that wouldn''t make him score it''s hit positioning they need to work on with him, there''s many times iv seen the ball spill to the far post but no one seems to be there, if he put himself there he would have an easy tap in, I honestly put some of the goal scoring draught not necessarily all on hughton but the back room staff

[quote user="AidanC"]Redmond is a top player but hughton always plays him on his not so preferred wing which I feel he is limiting his growth, what do you think about the Murphy twins?[/quote]

I keep hearing this but "inverted" wingers does seem to me the fashion at the moment. I didn''t see the game but did anyone see what side Redmond played for the U21s last week?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="AidanC"]Redmond is a top player but hughton always plays him on his not so preferred wing which I feel he is limiting his growth, what do you think about the Murphy twins?[/quote]

I keep hearing this but "inverted" wingers does seem to me the fashion at the moment. I didn''t see the game but did anyone see what side Redmond played for the U21s last week?

[/quote]

Redderz goal came from the left flank.

Inverted wingers have been around for years;  teams used to swap wingers flanks on multiple occassions during a game (an under used option nowadays in my opinion) and a certain Darren Huckerby is one of  legendary example of how successful inverted wingers are.

Its not the "inversion" that is the problem,   it pace of ball movement and a consistent inability to pass and cross successfully (ie basic footballing skills) that is the problem.