Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

And..........

Whilst I take your point, don''t go whining when people give you abuse.Because frankly you are inviting it, and you know you are.

the league seemed to spread out but its all suddenly bunched up again - no doubt due to the fact that teams have games in hand etc.

sunderland are second bottom, yet have 3 games in hand. win those & they could be tenth - its crazy. we cant afford slip ups against west brom or sunderland now - those 2 games could very well define where we end up this season

[quote user="morty"]Whilst I take your point, don''t go whining when people give you abuse.Because frankly you are inviting it, and you know you are.[/quote]

Inviting abuse? Really? By stating a fact?  If people want to throw abuse, let them.  The point is a relevant one because it emphasises the closeness of the league - which some people appear to forget.

A point at home to stoke is fair enough, i think the way we played didn''t unfortunately have the same intensity that we have been producing before the previous game

some people also forget that we were the 9th highest spenders in the division this season before the january window openedand that having spent all that money we are apparently worsethis emphasises the fact hughton is a halfwit who should have been sacked 6 months ago ;)

and also you kind of are inviting abuse. An example being the thread title - ''And...'' most hate that, although the point is relevant and thats what it should be judged on, don''t be surprised about some of the abuse

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Whilst I take your point, don''t go whining when people give you abuse.Because frankly you are inviting it, and you know you are.[/quote]

Inviting abuse? Really? By stating a fact?  If people want to throw abuse, let them.  The point is a relevant one because it emphasises the closeness of the league - which some people appear to forget.

[/quote]

I don''t think anyone forgets how tight the league is.

Your point doesn''t do anything to detract from those worrying about the drop.

[quote user="iron_stan"]some people also forget that we were the 9th highest spenders in the division this season before the january window openedand that having spent all that money we are apparently worsethis emphasises the fact hughton is a halfwit who should have been sacked 6 months ago ;)[/quote]

I think this post shows you logic to everyone stan tbh

" I don''t think anyone forgets how tight the league is.

Your point doesn''t do anything to detract from those worrying about the drop".

Fair enough, but the focus on this board is always on the down side.  I don''t think it does any harm to remind people that the season''s target is still within range.

And you don''t think you are coming across as patronising, in any way?Thats a rhetorical question of course, as I doubt you realise it.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 08/03/2014 10:07 PM:

After another match we''re still just three points off 10th place…........

Do you think we dont have access to the table?

Could start a thread about our goal difference, another one about the number of games we have left, and possibly another highlighting the number of teams in the Premier league! Give them all the same title, ME.

"And you don''t think you are coming across as patronising, in any way?"

Oh the irony.

"Brienne"No need for abuse!

Well, from where I''m standing there was no need for the ME stuff.   I sit looking on this board and all there is to read about is turgid depressing carp.   I know I''m only stating the obvious with this op, but to me it was a point towards safety yesterday.  Two points lost as well, but still a point in the right direction.

I sit looking on this board and all there is to read about is turgid depressing carp. I know I''m only stating the obvious with this op, but to me it was a point towards safety yesterday. Two points lost as well, but still a point in the right direction.

Yes I know thats what you think, you said it earlier, previously, before that, some time ago, more recently, the period in between the two, yesterday and of course today. Apologies if I am repeating myself here.

[quote user="lake district canary"]After another match we''re still just three points off 10th place…........

[/quote]

Can someone shut this clown up please? Its not funny its Trollisim at its worse.

Look dude.... Some are optimists... Some are pessismists... Some are realists and realise you have to look at all viewpoints to truly get an understanding of reality and what holds more importance.... For example: your point is true... But I can just as easily point out that being 18th in the form table, plus our season so far, means we should be looking below us more than above.... Added to the fact a very strong case could be made that we''ve dropped a silly amount of points this season and so shoulda/woulda/coulda been 10th or better as it is if, IMO, we had a better suited manager for us.

I''d be willing to bet that if we were to engage in a stat/fact battle, you would run out of good omens long before I ran out of bad ones :-( ..... It''s depressing because it IS depressing

But its not that depressing really as everyone (or most) makes it out to be. Yesterday was a really hard game against a well drilled Stoke team who''s plan is to gain every advantage they can by pushing, grabbing, stamping etc etc. However we didn''t deserve to win that game because we didn''t force the issue enough, it looked like we tried, but we seemed to reluctant to pass it quickly round them, people looked tired and no one was thinking about their movement enough around the box.

Generally when looking at Norwich, we''re where everyone expected us to be : around 13th-17th(I''m not talking about people on this board, more the neutrals). The disappointment in our season has been the lack of goals and quality to create chances regularly as well as the off field incidents with Becchio and Hoolahan for example. Although its been a season where we have averaged a point a game, what has been good is the more balanced general play where we don''t look like a stoke team or (now) a crystal palace team. We now look as if we can defend as well as create chances. Last season we were awful to watch, as we just sat back and played like those teams when going foreword. This season, it seams we aren''t quite in the mental state sometimes to cope with the games; such as the capitulation against villa and some of the matches against the big teams which have really damaged our goal difference (whereas last season we looked great against the big teams, playing like we did against spurs and Man C this season). So although we''ve improved on our general play and the tactics are nicer to watch (although some of you may have blocked out last season football from your memory, in which case i don''t blame you), the ability to score goals is still lacking. When we''ve had the glorious amount of chances, we haven''t taken them and when its been one of those games where we only create one or two chances, we haven''t really taken them either so we know where we need to improve. Our defending tactically is fine and the build up play is good and very average sometimes unlike last season, where we gave it to snodgrass and hope he would fall over near the penalty box. Throughout the season we''ve had big players under perform such as Snodgrass, Bassong, Pilkington and Ruddy was not doing well at the start, so although we look better going forwards and are improving in this part of the game from last season, the players haven''t performed, which is not only down to themselves, but also to do with the tactics as sometimes they look a bit lost.

The fact is, our home form is good, away form is bad, general play is more like what you would expect from a premiership team, not like a team holding on for dear life like last season. Strikers aren''t scoring when creating much more chances than last season. So although we''ve improved our general play, something needs to be done about getting the ball in the back of the net. How do we do this? Do we:

Sack hughton and get in someone more ''attack'' minded?

Buy another striker and/or Attacking midfielder?

Get an attacking (back room) coach on board to help to help Hughton and Calderwood et al, who were defenders?

The football to watch has been so much better than last season, but is now what you would expect from a team in our position. Instead of a team just happy that we are here, holding onto 17th place like it seemed last season, we now look average. Is average good enough? The answer is of course no. We want to be developing each season, playing like Southampton are at the moment.

We''re developing, but just not fast enough.

Nnnyyyeennnnnnyyyyynnnnnnaaaaaaaa..... I rate the football.i see more on the results it hauls more than how we look in general.... In other words, for me, if our football had improved, then there would be no will we/wont we survive issue. Our decline in goal prowess is shocking... Pitiful.... I firmly believe Hughton is why we are how we are.... Not souly on tactics, style and subs but also for the simple fact he is the man at the helm.... The man supposed to be accountable....

[quote user="Brienne"]Tis lost on so many but not on me InchY[/quote]What did your username used to be?

[quote user="RodneyTrottersFC"]Nnnyyyeennnnnnyyyyynnnnnnaaaaaaaa..... I rate the football.i see more on the results it hauls more than how we look in general.... In other words, for me, if our football had improved, then there would be no will we/wont we survive issue. Our decline in goal prowess is shocking... Pitiful.... I firmly believe Hughton is why we are how we are.... Not souly on tactics, style and subs but also for the simple fact he is the man at the helm.... The man supposed to be accountable....[/quote]

Everyone agrees that hughton is responsible for the clubs results and style, but the fact is he''s not doing anymore or any less than whats expected of him. There''s the boards expectations of wanting him to be around 10th, and then there''s the football world which expects us to be where we are.

Do we as a club want more - yes. The question is how are we going to get it, thinking logically and at the big picture.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]But its not that depressing really as everyone (or most) makes it out to be. Yesterday was a really hard game against a well drilled Stoke team who''s plan is to gain every advantage they can by pushing, grabbing, stamping etc etc. However we didn''t deserve to win that game because we didn''t force the issue enough, it looked like we tried, but we seemed to reluctant to pass it quickly round them, people looked tired and no one was thinking about their movement enough around the box.

Generally when looking at Norwich, we''re where everyone expected us to be : around 13th-17th(I''m not talking about people on this board, more the neutrals). The disappointment in our season has been the lack of goals and quality to create chances regularly as well as the off field incidents with Becchio and Hoolahan for example. Although its been a season where we have averaged a point a game, what has been good is the more balanced general play where we don''t look like a stoke team or (now) a crystal palace team. We now look as if we can defend as well as create chances. Last season we were awful to watch, as we just sat back and played like those teams when going foreword. This season, it seams we aren''t quite in the mental state sometimes to cope with the games; such as the capitulation against villa and some of the matches against the big teams which have really damaged our goal difference (whereas last season we looked great against the big teams, playing like we did against spurs and Man C this season). So although we''ve improved on our general play and the tactics are nicer to watch (although some of you may have blocked out last season football from your memory, in which case i don''t blame you), the ability to score goals is still lacking. When we''ve had the glorious amount of chances, we haven''t taken them and when its been one of those games where we only create one or two chances, we haven''t really taken them either so we know where we need to improve. Our defending tactically is fine and the build up play is good and very average sometimes unlike last season, where we gave it to snodgrass and hope he would fall over near the penalty box. Throughout the season we''ve had big players under perform such as Snodgrass, Bassong, Pilkington and Ruddy was not doing well at the start, so although we look better going forwards and are improving in this part of the game from last season, the players haven''t performed, which is not only down to themselves, but also to do with the tactics as sometimes they look a bit lost.

The fact is, our home form is good, away form is bad, general play is more like what you would expect from a premiership team, not like a team holding on for dear life like last season. Strikers aren''t scoring when creating much more chances than last season. So although we''ve improved our general play, something needs to be done about getting the ball in the back of the net. How do we do this? Do we:

Sack hughton and get in someone more ''attack'' minded?

Buy another striker and/or Attacking midfielder?

Get an attacking (back room) coach on board to help to help Hughton and Calderwood et al, who were defenders?

The football to watch has been so much better than last season, but is now what you would expect from a team in our position. Instead of a team just happy that we are here, holding onto 17th place like it seemed last season, we now look average. Is average good enough? The answer is of course no. We want to be developing each season, playing like Southampton are at the moment.

We''re developing, but just not fast enough.[/quote]

You''ve been watching different games to me pal. We went on a decent performance run of about 3 games ending with Spurs. Other than that it''s been pretty much same old since Hughton arrived. If anything, we''ve lost self belief that if we go a goal down we have no chance in getting one back or winning the game.

There''s been a significant shift in the mentality of our players (and supporters) in the last two seasons which is extremely disturbing. We were supposed to be building on what was started and I believe we''ve gone backwards!

Stoke weren''t poor yesterday, but they weren''t good, but very well drilled i would say. They look like they have a bit more purpose in their play than we do; they shove and climb over the opposition to get the ball, then they hoof it to the big man and then try to support him. You could see at the start of the second half we tried to run at them, which looked as if it was working, but this quickly stopped and we didn''t look as if we knew what we were doing whilst we had the ball. We looked very flat and didn''t look as if we had too many ideas of how to get through 10 rugby players.

[quote user="NodgeFan"]The fact that some are doing handstands after picking up a point against a very poor side yesterday sums up the mediocrity we''ve been accustomed to under Hughton[/quote]Who is doing handstands?Seems like most people see it more as two points lost.