Sign in to follow this  
Winning 25

Predicted bottom 6. End of season placements

Sunderland 38 points- Favorable home fixtures, although not expecting them to win them all due to fixture congestion, and poor home form this season.....................

West Brom 37 points- A couple more wins for them, and 6 draws......................

Norwich 35 points- 4 points from the next 2 home games against Sunderland and West Brom, 2 points from Swansea, Fulham or Arsenal...............

Crystal Palace 34 points- Only 7 more points for them. 1 more result from their 4 remaining home games, against Villa, with loses to Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool..........................

Cardiff 34 points- Palace and Stoke.still to play at home. Fortunately we have a 4 point gap on them at this stage of the season....................

Fulham, already relegated. Glad in a way they didn''t beat Cardiff with some very winnable home fixtures left for them to play, but 12 more points maximum......................

This is how I think it might end up, after studying the fixture list'' for a hour or so and taking a few variables into account. Think I''ve been quite optimistic in favor of the other teams. Does anyone fell 6 more points will be enough?

There will be some unexpected results for all of the above clubs. If we do not get some points away from home now then we could be on about 33. I do fancy us to get 34/35 with 34 being the 17th slot this season. For Sunderland to get 38 they have to get another 14 points. Yes they have a lot of games in hand but fixture congestion could take its toll. By the time we play Fulham they will be relegated which is a big plus for us, whether we take advantage of it is another thing but it represents the best opportunity of getting 3 pts on the road. I cannot see Cardiff getting to 34 points either nor WBA to 37.

My bottom up would be Fulham on about 28

Cardiff 33

WBA 33

Palace 34

Norwich 35

Sunderland 35

With 15 games to go, I made a little prediction project.... I was harsh to us and involuntarily stingy to the other bottom 11s.... I finished with us 13th on 36 points! Stoke, Fulham and WBA relegated... but 51 games later... And accuracy of 43.1% (19 right) .... And now we''re 18th on 32 points :-s (we''ve took the place of Stoke....... I have to admit to seriously worrying about our PL status...

Yes, we don''t necessarily need 10 more point''s to survive. Which is what I''ve heard from other people as a minimum required. My only real concern would be if Tetty got injured again.

Well Winning, looks like Mr Walters might have seen to that. Tets didnt look too good when he came off did he ?

I somehow managed to get us finishing 11th on 42 points! Only surprise result I had in there was beating Arsenal. I think we''ll win one of our last four, as we do generally tend to play well enough against the top teams.
Also had Fulham surviving on 33 points. May have been a bit harsh on WBA.