Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

What's so right?

OP Yellownets You are absolutely correct. In particular about Robin Sainty. I read his articles. A few months ago I commented to him that he always has a go at our supporters. You are correct that he never criticises the manager. The excuse from some that he is an experienced man in the football world is no reason to have such a blinkered view.

Of course he is allowed to say what he likes but then we reserve the right to say he is wrong. Such is life but his message never changes. Week in Week out. His latest effort is to comment on a small section of our wonderful support at Villa who happened to take the psis out of Elmander and then glory in some local Brummy telling him about Normal for Norfolk. No doubt Sainty gave a supercilious laugh and thought our yokels no nothing about football. Cant they see that Hughton is a quality manager. Ha!

Oh and I haven''t bothered to go through this thread as Morty appeared on cue immediately with his usual name calling. Has he called you an idiot or bell end yet?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]OP Yellownets You are absolutely correct. In particular about Robin Sainty. I read his articles. A few months ago I commented to him that he always has a go at our supporters. You are correct that he never criticises the manager. The excuse from some that he is an experienced man in the football world is no reason to have such a blinkered view.

Of course he is allowed to say what he likes but then we reserve the right to say he is wrong. Such is life but his message never changes. Week in Week out. His latest effort is to comment on a small section of our wonderful support at Villa who happened to take the psis out of Elmander and then glory in some local Brummy telling him about Normal for Norfolk. No doubt Sainty gave a supercilious laugh and thought our yokels no nothing about football. Cant they see that Hughton is a quality manager. Ha!

Oh and I haven''t bothered to go through this thread as Morty appeared on cue immediately with his usual name calling. Has he called you an idiot or bell end yet?[/quote]If the idiot hat fits....Oh, hi....

We are in a much better financial situation than most clubs in the PL. We get larger attendances than most of the bottom half. So financially we are on a sounder footing than enough clubs so that relegation shouldn''t be an issue. In terms on whether we should expect continuous improvement, probably not. There will be a point where we hit a glass ceiling but looking at the financial side of where we are now, we shouldn''t be there yet.

I believe the squad is capable of performing at a much higher level. Hughton''s team selections/tactics/substitutions/general management mean that the team are performing at a level way below the sum of the individual ability.

In addition, for the last couple of years there has been a real dearth of quality in the bottom half of the league, hence why the league has been so close in the bottom half. Therefore, frustrations are because we know how much difference to the league position these dropped points make. Someone keeps going on about us being 3 points from 10th. This is exactly what makes it so frustrating.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]We are in a much better financial situation than most clubs in the PL. We get larger attendances than most of the bottom half. So financially we are on a sounder footing than enough clubs so that relegation shouldn''t be an issue. In terms on whether we should expect continuous improvement, probably not. There will be a point where we hit a glass ceiling but looking at the financial side of where we are now, we shouldn''t be there yet.

I believe the squad is capable of performing at a much higher level. Hughton''s team selections/tactics/substitutions/general management mean that the team are performing at a level way below the sum of the individual ability.

In addition, for the last couple of years there has been a real dearth of quality in the bottom half of the league, hence why the league has been so close in the bottom half. Therefore, frustrations are because we know how much difference to the league position these dropped points make. Someone keeps going on about us being 3 points from 10th. This is exactly what makes it so frustrating.[/quote]I don''t entirely disagree, but will pick up on the point re the team not playing to its potential. Are the players we have the envy of the division? How do you know what their actual potential is?How many other Premiership sides tried to buy any of our players this January?I just don''t see how people can cast about this notion that we aren''t playing to our potential, when a large proportion of our players are playing their first season in the Premiership, so what are people comparing their current performance to? A season in another division, possibly in another country?

I seem to remember a few players drawing attention from other clubs. The majority of the players that were here last season aren''t playing to the same level as they have in previous seasons. We''ve had games where we''ve shown how we can play but its been the exception.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]I seem to remember a few players drawing attention from other clubs. The majority of the players that were here last season aren''t playing to the same level as they have in previous seasons. We''ve had games where we''ve shown how we can play but its been the exception.[/quote]Which comes down to the fact they are playing with different players, and also we have had many injuries to key players, I don''t know the stats, but I suspect it has been rare that we have named an unchanged side too often.