Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

What's so right?

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]"You do understand that we overachieved in the last two seasons given our budget, and we had to spend to basically stand still, don''t you?"

Matter of opinion that. My opinion is that the league from maybe 10th downwards is dross and anyone can beat anyone on their day. Compare us to West Ham - the majority ot the money they have spent was on converting a loan to a permanent transfer who has spent most of the season injured. They were promoted a season after us.

Also, if we need to spend to stand still, we should still be 11th, not going backwards!!![/quote]The season isn''t over yet, is it?West Ham have always had more money than we have, so I don''t get your point. And they still spent the money, so I still don''t get your point.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Do people think that because you''re lower in the league for one season that you''re going backwards[/quote]Clearly some do. It depends on what point they are trying to illustrate, I guess.

[quote user="NodgeFan"]We''ve regressed under Hughton. It''s a fact[/quote]So he didn''t finish last season higher than the previous season under Lambert then?

Do I think a lower league position means you''re going backwards?

To an extent, yes. Add to that the continuous regression in style of play and I think its fair to say that.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Do people think that because you''re lower in the league for one season that you''re going backwards[/quote]Clearly some do. It depends on what point they are trying to illustrate, I guess.[/quote]The point as to whether the club is progessing, I suppose ?I''ve always found comparisons with other clubs in this regard a bit invidious . For example, West Ham always has been a totally different type of club to Norwich. Then there are the QPR''s, Leicesters, Fulhams of this world whose mantra is ''if in doubt chuck unseemly wads of cash at it''. Again, not the Norwich way.I''m afraid that anyone, even the most positive, will have trouble in convincing us that the club has moved forward in the past 12 months . At the very best , it has stood still, and in the rat race that is the EPL, that would, in its way, be quite an achievement, given the current economic climate. I''m afraid my view is that the club has regressed in that period. Clearly, if we go on a great run over the next couple of months, and end up 11th again, I''ll have to reassess that, but not as things stand.

In terms of going backwards and regressing, I think we''ll have to wait until the whistle''s been blown on the final day of the season to judge that properly. However given the games coming up, it doesn''t look like we''ll finish as high as the last 2 seasons. That said, never say die; nothing is impossible; us beating ''big'' teams has happened before. Perchance it will happen again.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Do people think that because you''re lower in the league for one season that you''re going backwards[/quote]Clearly some do. It depends on what point they are trying to illustrate, I guess.[/quote]The point as to whether the club is progessing, I suppose ?I''ve always found comparisons with other clubs in this regard a bit invidious . For example, West Ham always has been a totally different type of club to Norwich. Then there are the QPR''s, Leicesters, Fulhams of this world whose mantra is ''if in doubt chuck unseemly wads of cash at it''. Again, not the Norwich way.I''m afraid that anyone, even the most positive, will have trouble in convincing us that the club has moved forward in the past 12 months . At the very best , it has stood still, and in the rat race that is the EPL, that would, in its way, be quite an achievement, given the current economic climate. I''m afraid my view is that the club has regressed in that period. Clearly, if we go on a great run over the next couple of months, and end up 11th again, I''ll have to reassess that, but not as things stand.[/quote]I think a few have been spoiled by the Lambert rollercoaster I''m afraid.We were always going to plateau, given the relative size of our club, and our budget.

With fewer points amassed and fewer goals scored, yes.

And with allegedly a better squad too.

Barring a miracle we won''t come anywhere near last year''s total points. With us currently on 21 goals we''re going to be massively behind the total goals scored of 52 in 2012 and 44 in 2013.

Again, allegedly with a better squad.

So it is fundamentally obvious we''re going backwards under Chris Hughton. FACT

[quote user="NodgeFan"]With fewer points amassed and fewer goals scored, yes.

And with allegedly a better squad too.

Barring a miracle we won''t come anywhere near last year''s total points. With us currently on 21 goals we''re going to be massively behind the total goals scored of 52 in 2012 and 44 in 2013.

Again, allegedly with a better squad.

So it is fundamentally obvious we''re going backwards under Chris Hughton. FACT[/quote]All about opinion, and saying "fact" in capital letters, doesn''t make yours any more valid.He can''t be effectively judged until the end of the season.

Quantitive evidence - fewer points and goals

Qualititive evidence - higher levels of discontent, majority of people now against Hughton

Its about as close to a fact as you can get. Unless you want to provide anything contrary you think might be of worth.

I shall repeat this, that I said on the first page, in case some of you missed it :-And the actual answer to it all is that we have overachieved for the

last two seasons. We''re a bottom half team at best (given our budget)

and we have the standard of squad and manager that we can afford, our

cloth is cut accordingly.So stop sticking your bottom lips out and get real, its probably going to be like this most seasons we stay in the Premiership.

[quote user="morty"]I shall repeat this, that I said on the first page, in case some of you missed it :-And the actual answer to it all is that we have overachieved for the

cloth is cut accordingly.So stop sticking your bottom lips out and get real, its probably going to be like this most seasons we stay in the Premiership.[/quote]

All about opinion, and repeating yours presenting it as fact, doesn''t make yours any more valid.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"][quote user="morty"]I shall repeat this, that I said on the first page, in case some of you missed it :-And the actual answer to it all is that we have overachieved for the

cloth is cut accordingly.So stop sticking your bottom lips out and get real, its probably going to be like this most seasons we stay in the Premiership.[/quote]

All about opinion, and repeating yours presenting it as fact, doesn''t make yours any more valid.[/quote]Is that the best you have?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BarclayWazza"][quote user="morty"]I shall repeat this, that I said on the first page, in case some of you missed it :-And the actual answer to it all is that we have overachieved for the

All about opinion, and repeating yours presenting it as fact, doesn''t make yours any more valid.[/quote]Is that the best you have?[/quote]

Oh the irony

Listen can you guys at least get the hang of quoting posts properly, without the blockquote nonsense, its not rocket science.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]I agreed when you said it first time around, its as valid as it was first time around.[/quote]I didn''t see you agree the first time round, accept my apologies[Y]

[quote user="NodgeFan"]It doesn''t work properly on my browser.

It''s not rocket science[/quote]Yes it does, you just need to adjust settings.

I''m on Chrome from a mobile and dont think quote works on there.

And I''m not seeking your apology, just pointing out that there not much difference between putting FACT at the end of something and repeating your opinion as if it is a fact.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]I''m on Chrome from a mobile and dont think quote works on there.

And I''m not seeking your apology, just pointing out that there not much difference between putting FACT at the end of something and repeating your opinion as if it is a fact.[/quote]I consider what I said to be closer to fact than just my opinion.But whatever[Y]

Again, still your opinion that your opinion is closer to fact. My opinion is the fact that projecting our current totals to the end of the season we will have less points and goals than last season is a sign of our regression.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]Again, still your opinion that your opinion is closer to fact. My opinion is the fact that projecting our current totals to the end of the season we will have less points and goals than last season is a sign of our regression.[/quote]So you think we have the right, to improve, with each and every season?