Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

What's so right?

Many fans who want Hughton out or fans who (god forbid) dare to criticise the team and/or Hughton when we lose or perform badly are often shouted down by a select bunch of people who feel that many fans don''t have the right to say anything remotely negative about NCFC, Chris Hughton or the players.

Robin Sainty is somebody who I''d use as an example here. Not everyone will recognise this man''s name. He seems to have a column on here (not sure why) and a rather active twitter account where he shouts down anyone who dares to write anything remotely negative about Hughton, the team or the club. I''m unsure why someone like Robin is given a platform to voice his opinions, but that''s another matter.

So my question to Robin and other fans like him (Morty etc etc) is: What''s so right? What''s so right about Chris Hughton? What''s so right about our results? What''s so right about our performances this season? What is so right that doesn''t give many fans THE RIGHT to be a little bit negative when they want to be?

Look forward to your replies.

Firstly, Robin Sainty knows more about football than you''re ever likely to, unless of course you have also managed a football team?Theres not a lot right, thats obvious.And you have started this thread just to be a bit if a knob, haven''t you?

Any reasonable positives anyone points to are just shouted down too, so I really don''t see what moral high ground you are trying to claim here.

"little bit negative when they want to be"

Have you seen this board fella. I see constantly,

''We''re getting relegated''

''Sack ''Coco''''

''Sack Mcnally''

etc etc, these points are valid, but there''s not a ''little bit'' of negativity. The negativity around Hughton is amazing. Although one can see why people are frustrated, it''s pretty funny some of the reactions to the subs. The latest being ''why has he taken Hoolahan off''

[quote user="morty"]Any reasonable positives anyone points to are just shouted down too, so I really don''t see what moral high ground you are trying to claim here.[/quote]
Haha yeah exactly!
I love it when there are posts like the OP. Both sides think the other side are just big meanies.
You''d never guess we''re all Norwich fans (well apart from those ones who aren''t...). 

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Many fans who want Hughton out or fans who (god forbid) dare to criticise the team and/or Hughton when we lose or perform badly are often shouted down by a select bunch of people who feel that many fans don''t have the right to say anything remotely negative about NCFC, Chris Hughton or the players.

Robin Sainty is somebody who I''d use as an example here. Not everyone will recognise this man''s name. He seems to have a column on here (not sure why) and a rather active twitter account where he shouts down anyone who dares to write anything remotely negative about Hughton, the team or the club. I''m unsure why someone like Robin is given a platform to voice his opinions, but that''s another matter.

So my question to Robin and other fans like him (Morty etc etc) is: What''s so right? What''s so right about Chris Hughton? What''s so right about our results? What''s so right about our performances this season? What is so right that doesn''t give many fans THE RIGHT to be a little bit negative when they want to be?

Look forward to your replies.[/quote]

A very good OP! One I''m afraid you won''t get a decent answer to unfortunately.

The biggest problem is this apparent "inners" and "outers", which has now unfortunately ended up meaning that if you say anything positive about the team selection, tactics or match performance you are an "inner" and if you are critical then you are an "outer"......and as we all know it doesnt work like that. I have been accused of being an "inner" when in fact I am NOT...................but am also not an "outer", I acknowledge that things are not going well enough, which is clear for all to see, but also believe that change anytime now until the end of the season would be suicide and guaranteed relegation. I also have the view that the board will have some big decisions to make at the end of the season, regardless of whether we stay up or not, and right now I would prefer a change of management, but have to say for me its a close thing as I dont think CH has done as bad as many believe when considering all factors, in particular the playing budget. 

One thing though that is clear, very clear.......is that the insults and personal attacks overwhelmingly come from the "outers" as many of them seem to be very bitter about things and believe that anyone who says something positive is an idiot, pathetic, a binner or whatever.......... but as GP says "we''re all Norwich fans"............

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

The biggest problem is this apparent "inners" and "outers", which has now unfortunately ended up meaning that if you say anything positive about the team selection, tactics or match performance you are an "inner" and if you are critical then you are an "outer"......and as we all know it doesnt work like that. I have been accused of being an "inner" when in fact I am NOT...................but am also not an "outer", I acknowledge that things are not going well enough, which is clear for all to see, but also believe that change anytime now until the end of the season would be suicide and guaranteed relegation. I also have the view that the board will have some big decisions to make at the end of the season, regardless of whether we stay up or not, and right now I would prefer a change of management, but have to say for me its a close thing as I dont think CH has done as bad as many believe when considering all factors, in particular the playing budget. 

One thing though that is clear, very clear.......is that the insults and personal attacks overwhelmingly come from the "outers" as many of them seem to be very bitter about things and believe that anyone who says something positive is an idiot, pathetic, a binner or whatever.......... but as GP says "we''re all Norwich fans"............

[/quote]Exactly, there are some of us who can look at all aspects in a common sense manner, rather than just be polarised to one extreme.

And the actual answer to it all is that we have overachieved for the last two seasons. We''re a bottom half team at best (given our budget) and we have the standard of squad and manager that we can afford, out cloth is cut accordingly.So stop sticking your bottom lips out and get real, its probably going to be like this most seasons we stay in the Premiership.

Hey Morty,

You didn''t answer me, what''s so right?

Plus, I''ve heard Robin talk on Radio Norfolk, the man is so scared of criticising anything to do with the football club. Again, not sure why he has a platform for his opinion. The way he reacts on twitter to some people is nothing short of a disgrace. He''s like an overgrown child at times.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Hey Morty,

Plus, I''ve heard Robin talk on Radio Norfolk, the man is so scared of criticising anything to do with the football club. Again, not sure why he has a platform for his opinion. The way he reacts on twitter to some people is nothing short of a disgrace. He''s like an overgrown child at times.[/quote]Oh dear, this sounds more and more like a personal grudge.I did answer your question.

Plus, I''ve heard Robin talk on Radio Norfolk, the man is so scared of criticising anything to do with the football club. Again, not sure why he has a platform for his opinion. The way he reacts on twitter to some people is nothing short of a disgrace. He''s like an overgrown child at times.[/quote]His latest column includes the following rather strong criticism of Hughton:With no obvious leadership on the field and Alex Tettey and Bradley

Johnson struggling to cope in midfield, City simply fell apart, and it’s

impossible to ignore the fact that the formation chosen played into the

hands of a counter-attacking team like Villa.Despite the success achieved since the return of

Tettey to screen the back four, Sunday saw the return to a 4-4-1-1

system which effectively became 4-4-2. What that meant in practice was

that Johnson and Tettey were effectively required to deal with Villa’s

central three. While City had the lion’s share of possession it worked,

but once Villa started to dominate the inevitable gaps appeared.Whenever City have attempted to play 4-4-2,

particularly away from home, the results have been less than impressive

and it was disappointing to see a system that worked superbly against

Spurs abandoned against a side renowned for their strength on the break.

It was a gamble that clearly failed.

Purple, shame on you[:(]Don''t let actual facts get in the way of a good agenda.

So we''re still waiting to hear something right about Hughton. Every time a genuine question gets asked like this, tactics of misdirection and lowering expectations are employed to avoid giving an answer.

What I don''t understand is that the people giving these answers must know they''re doing this as they don''t have an answer to the question. Surely if tbey know they dont have an answer, why do they persist in being in defence of him.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]So we''re still waiting to hear something right about Hughton. Every time a genuine question gets asked like this, tactics of misdirection and lowering expectations are employed to avoid giving an answer.

What I don''t understand is that the people giving these answers must know they''re doing this as they don''t have an answer to the question. Surely if tbey know they dont have an answer, why do they persist in being in defence of him.[/quote]We''re not in the bottom three.There you go[Y]

Plus, I''ve heard Robin talk on Radio Norfolk, the man is so scared of criticising anything to do with the football club. Again, not sure why he has a platform for his opinion. The way he reacts on twitter to some people is nothing short of a disgrace. He''s like an overgrown child at times.[/quote]

Well I admit I don''t know much about this twitter stuff but if that''s where he''s upset you is it not possible for you ask him this stuff on that platform rather than start a thread about him on here?

Sorry, didn''t see that you''d replied to my question. Missed it.

Didn''t start this thread just to be awkward. It''s a genuine question which has yet to receive many genuine answers that back up why things are so right. Ok, we''re not in the bottom three, but neither are West Brom and yet they''d hardly see that as a massive positive considering their form. I wouldn''t consider it a massive positive for us either.

Regarding Robin, I don''t actively use twitter myself but have an account so I can get updates from the club, players, pinkun etc. Monitoring Robin is quite comical. The way he overreacts to fans who dare to criticise. He''s a man who can''t stand anyone having a different opinion than his and I fail to see why he has a platform for those opinions.

All I can see is a club man who likes to lick the a*ses of the players. If I''m not mistaken his profile picture is him with Snodgrass. And I believe the caption when that picture was uploaded said something so cringeworthy like: ''I am not worthy''. Deary me.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]Hey Morty,

Plus, I''ve heard Robin talk on Radio Norfolk, the man is so scared of criticising anything to do with the football club. Again, not sure why he has a platform for his opinion. The way he reacts on twitter to some people is nothing short of a disgrace. He''s like an overgrown child at times.[/quote]Oh dear, this sounds more and more like a personal grudge.I did answer your question.[/quote]I agree that holding a personal grudge against someone in the TV, Press, Radio is a bit half-ar5ed, Morty . That''s why I really don''t hold with this tirade of abuse when someone says something on, say, Sky (Danny Mills a couple of weeks ago for example). The best thing to do is, if you can look over a wide selection, and make an empirical view from what you see. The same applies to this forum. There are views covering the whole gamut of views on all sorts of issues. So I do think that the OP has a fair basic point. The people who support Hughton and his methods are in a tiny minority. The people who want him to be our manager, likewise. So the OP is not just imagining this....there is a lot of anti Hughton stuff on here for a reason.

11th place finish last season, biggest transfer budget in our history, 7th biggest net spend prior to January window. Not being in bottom 3 is not a sign of something being right. Flirting with the bottom 3 is a sign of something being wrong.

Fact is we''ve regressed since last season. Name me 3 players who have improved over the season.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]11th place finish last season, biggest transfer budget in our history, 7th biggest net spend prior to January window. Not being in bottom 3 is not a sign of something being right. Flirting with the bottom 3 is a sign of something being wrong.

Fact is we''ve regressed since last season. Name me 3 players who have improved over the season.[/quote]You do understand that we overachieved in the last two seasons given our budget, and we had to spend to basically stand still, don''t you?We might have spent a lot of money by little ole Norwich standards, but really we have spent the bare minimum.So I come up with something that is right, and you just totally dismiss it? Thats why it frankly isn''t worth bothering with some folks on here.

I am sure I have seen tweets from robin that have been critical of the manager and performance, similar to the article quoted on here. Strange to single a person out.

I dont see anyone saying CH has done anything "so" right. However he is slowly inching the club towards safety picking up points on a regular basis - stay at a point a game average and we will be ok. Currently that does feel like a daunting task

Its obvious that there are so many elements to improve but its also not clear to me that we will get that improvement by sacking hughton now. CH is no more getting everything wrong than everything right. and he doesnt have to, just better than 3 other clubs, and that I think he will do

transfer spend does not equal league position, our spend this summer was us only playing catch up to most clubs;

however wage budget almost certainly does; and the club have confirmed it is likely to remain in the bottom 3

Fer and Olsson we can''t really tell. IMO Fer started the season well and dropped off a bit in the past couple of months. Olsson has just been good all season. While Ruddy has been good, its hard to say whether he''s improved and I''ll give you Tettey.

Whether we agree on if these guys have improved or not these are all defensive players. I cant think of one attacking player who is performing ahead of where we''d expect.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Fer, Ruddy, Tettey, olsson have all improved over the season[/quote]Of those four, I''d only say that there is a possibility that Tettey has really improved. And, not really valid as Olsson and Fer weren''t even here last season !

"You do understand that we overachieved in the last two seasons given our budget, and we had to spend to basically stand still, don''t you?"

Matter of opinion that. My opinion is that the league from maybe 10th downwards is dross and anyone can beat anyone on their day. Compare us to West Ham - the majority ot the money they have spent was on converting a loan to a permanent transfer who has spent most of the season injured. They were promoted a season after us.

Also, if we need to spend to stand still, we should still be 11th, not going backwards!!!