Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Stoke - again

Record against Stoke -Lambert Season -    one goal,  one point.    Hughton season 1 -  one goal,     three points.Hughton season 2 -  two goals,    four points.Under Lambert  -  a dour and inadequate display at home and away - players get the blame for not being good enoughHughton season 1 -  three points at home apparently not convincing enough,                                dour and inadequate display away - manager gets the blame.Hughton season 2 -  four points taken off Stoke, manager''s head is called for.Where is the logic??

People aren''t calling for Hughton to be sacked because we drew at home against Stoke.
Get real man.
If you''re happy with everything this season then great. But a lot of people aren''t. We won''t go down, but we aren''t playing to our potential in my opinion. Not helped by injuries, but all clubs have injuries.
If Hughton is the best option for us in the PL. I don''t want us to be in the PL. I completely believe there are better options to take us forward next season. Not much point sacking him now, but then it would have been hard for a replacement to have come in earlier in the season and done much worse.
But this post is just pointless. Where is logic in suggesting the managers head is being called for because of a result against Stoke?

Not sure. I think that expectations have changed massively, and others just have an extreme dislike of Hughton and his way of doing things. Teams like Fulham and Stoke at home seem to be seen almost as if they are walkovers, and the siege mentality of the crowd so evident in the first season and a half has definitely gone now.

I have read in several places today that people genuinely believe things could not be much worse than they are under Hughton at the moment, which is utterly baffling to me given that not so long ago we, as a club and fans, truly experienced one of our lowest ebbs.

Maybe I''m just a clueless Percy Positive, but I believe there are a lot of positives at the club at the moment, and that things really are not as bad as some supporters clearly believe/want them to be. I don''t think we''re that far off being a decent mid-table team at all.

[quote user="I.S."]Not sure. I think that expectations have changed massively, and others just have an extreme dislike of Hughton and his way of doing things. Teams like Fulham and Stoke at home seem to be seen almost as if they are walkovers, and the siege mentality of the crowd so evident in the first season and a half has definitely gone now.

I have read in several places today that people genuinely believe things could not be much worse than they are under Hughton at the moment, which is utterly baffling to me given that not so long ago we, as a club and fans, truly experienced one of our lowest ebbs.

Maybe I''m just a clueless Percy Positive, but I believe there are a lot of positives at the club at the moment, and that things really are not as bad as some supporters clearly believe/want them to be. I don''t think we''re that far off being a decent mid-table team at all.[/quote]

Agree with that IS.   If people accept the long term view - and that means allowing Hughton to further develop his squad - then the argument is that with two or three more upgrades and  a striker or two that will hit some consistent form - and we will be a force to be reckoned with.   I like most people was looking forward to seeing that happen this season - it hasn''t due to circumstances, injuries, or even some of the managers decisions -  but the attacking has improved and we are creating more chances in matches than last season. 

Also, of course I know that there are more teams than Stoke, but the point remains really - under Lambert the players were consistently labelled as being not good enough, but Lambert was said to have made them play above themselves.   Now it has changed.  Apparently the players are good enough, but its the manager who is not.    The truth in both cases is probably somewhere in between.   

Villa 4, City 1Villa 31 pts from 28 gamesCity 29 pts from 29 gamesVilla scored 31 goalsCity scored 22 goalsVilla goal difference -7City goal difference -22Villa 11th & likely to stay upCity 15th & likely to go downLambert positive, risky & excitingHughton negative, cautious & boringNeed any more LDC?

Quoting Lambert since he left is pointless imo.   I have only mentioned what he did here.  Its our club and how it develops that is the big question for me.   A successful run in to the end of this season would set us up well for next year and the new players that would be added in the Summer - and the odd one or two players leaving of course.

[quote user="morty"]He left us.Time to move on now.[/quote]I have moved on but when people continue to compare Lambert & Hughton then I feel that someone needs to put the record straight.All as for all this garbage about "A successful run in to the end of this season would set us up well for

next year and the new players that would be added in the Summer"We''ve been waiting all season for this long promised "successful run" and it ain''t gonna happen.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]He left us.Time to move on now.[/quote]I have moved on but when people continue to compare Lambert & Hughton then I feel that someone needs to put the record straight.All as for all this garbage about "A successful run in to the end of this season would set us up well for

next year and the new players that would be added in the Summer"We''ve been waiting all season for this long promised "successful run" and it ain''t gonna happen.[/quote]

And yet...

Lambert''s Villa P66 72pts

Hughton''s City  P67 73pts

It''s a funny old game...

I''m not disputing that as things stand there isn''t much between them over the last 2 seasons but in all honesty going forward I''d much rather have PL than CH. In fact, given the option I''d rather have anyone than CH because whether we survive or not his type of football just bores me to death.

[quote user="Making Plans"]I''m not disputing that as things stand there isn''t much between them over the last 2 seasons but in all honesty going forward I''d much rather have PL than CH. In fact, given the option I''d rather have anyone than CH because whether we survive or not his type of football just bores me to death.[/quote]

I don''t neccessarily disagree with your opinion and even if I did we''d just have differing opinions. However you said someone needed to set the recod straight and I did that.