Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

We will stay up...

Its not going to be pretty. Its not going to be particularly rewarding, but I have every confidence we will stay up. And just for pure bragging rights I wanted to post that on here.
I was moaning quite a lot to my Grandad after the game yesterday, but after reading some stuff on here and Twitter once again i''m just amazed that some people bother spending their time and money on watching Norwich.
Stoke and the next five games are key. We''ve dropped two points. Winning the three home games would have all but seen us safe, because of the fixtures teams like Fulham, Cardiff, WBA, Palace and Sunderland have left. So now we need to still aim to beat Sunderland and WBA. If we lose to either of those two sides it will be very very tight. But i''ve every confidence we''ll either do something silly like beat Southampton next week, break out Fulham voodoo or beat Arsenal on the final day because they''ll have nothing to play for and the players won''t want to strain themselves too much because of the World Cup, whereas we''ll have only 2/3 players with any chance of making their WC squad.
Obviously there have been plenty of disappointments this season. But come on, we''re all supposed to support this side. We''re in the Premiership. The biggest league in the world (even if not the best). We''re in the best position the club has been in for ages, financially ever quite probably. We have got the foundations in place to kick on a bit more, maybe go on a proper cup run. We''ve got the opportunity to keep surprising the big boys. It was only two weeks ago we beat Spurs, and four weeks since we held the League Cup winners, and probable PL winners to a rare 0-0 draw. 
I''m not saying don''t moan and groan, but try and not be just plain nasty and disrespectful to the club and players who you support.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]
I''m not saying don''t moan and groan, but try and not be just plain nasty and disrespectful to the club and players who you support.
[/quote]OK GP, I take your point, but I cannot help but think you are going a bit OTT in your final sentence, above.Just who, exactly are being disrespectful and nasty ? And to who or what ?  To be perfectly honest, after some of the non-events as yesterday, the vast majority have been very restrained in some of their comments, as far as I can see.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Gingerpele"]
[/quote]OK GP, I take your point, but I cannot help but think you are going a bit OTT in your final sentence, above.Just who, exactly are being disrespectful and nasty ? And to who or what ?  To be perfectly honest, after some of the non-events as yesterday, the vast majority have been very restrained in some of their comments, as far as I can see.[/quote]
That last comment may have been a bit OTT. But i''m just fed up coming on here or whatever to talk about Norwich and having to sift through dozens of posts just abusing a player, half the time without even justifying their opinion. But some of the ''trolls'' on here just come and say someone is sh!t without any justification. I could have left that bit out. But to be honest i''m annoyed with the result yesturday, and many others. I''m disappointed RVW has only scored once, Hooper hasn''t scored since December etc etc but some on here just take the piss, and that annoys me more than the poor results for some reason.

Thats why I laughed at the immediate responses you got, ironically.

But what I would say in response to your post is that trying to make people realise the reality of where we are, doesn''t really work unfortunately, especially over the last 5 seasons where we have been fantastic. I believe it''s actually one of the reasons why you have left this forum?

I think that was one of the reasons why I left.
I remember everyone that gave it any thought when I posted my farewell thread thinking I was just having a tantrum, it was actually the opposite, I was pretty happy with everything else in my life in general had actually started enjoying Uni and being social so couldn''t be bothered with the annoyance on here. But I like talking (or posting) about Norwich, so came back. And even though I could just not bother posting on here, i''d have to do it somewhere. And the internet is the same everywhere really. This post was more for my benefit just because I wanted to say it, not because I expected anyone to take notice and change their mind.

Yes totally agree with Gingerpele. We are in a tough league and reading this forum you''d think we''ve been in the bottom 3 all season, with little chance of survival. 8.5 million doesn''t guarantee anything in the modern day Premiership. Cardiff spent that on there young Danish forward in the summer, and let him go for nothing in January. In fact Cardiff have spent more than Norwich, so what must there fans be felling? Soldado cost 3 times that, and has done no more than Ricky. Remember Iwan Roberts only scored 5 in the championship in his first season, and went on the be a hall of famer! Who say''s that with some deadwood shifted in the summer, and 2 or 3 class arrivals that we can''t improve, the team and the service to the strikers? Mcnally has already stated that the club was close to signing a big name creative midfielder a month or so ago. Agree this forum is too downbeat. From supporting Norwich in about 94/95, I missed out and had to endure mediocrity in the championship for the most part of 15 years. I can''t imagine us pushing for Europe, especially with the money in English football now. All in all, i''m just happy to see us in it, looking likely to survive and build again.

[quote user="Winning 25"]Yes totally agree with Gingerpele. We are in a tough league and reading this forum you''d think we''ve been in the bottom 3 all season, with little chance of survival. 8.5 million doesn''t guarantee anything in the modern day Premiership. Cardiff spent that on there young Danish forward in the summer, and let him go for nothing in January. In fact Cardiff have spent more than Norwich, so what must there fans be felling? Soldado cost 3 times that, and has done no more than Ricky. Remember Iwan Roberts only scored 5 in the championship in his first season, and went on the be a hall of famer! Who say''s that with some deadwood shifted in the summer, and 2 or 3 class arrivals that we can''t improve, the team and the service to the strikers? Mcnally has already stated that the club was close to signing a big name creative midfielder a month or so ago. Agree this forum is too downbeat. From supporting Norwich in about 94/95, I missed out and had to endure mediocrity in the championship for the most part of 15 years. I can''t imagine us pushing for Europe, especially with the money in English football now. All in all, i''m just happy to see us in it, looking likely to survive and build again.[/quote]Good stuff[Y]

I think we will stay up. Games like yesterday are frustrating, but i think we will do enough - especially with the home games against Sunderland & West Brom. I then think Hughton will be gone anyway.

However, i cant bring myself to call for the managers head now - we would be committing football suicide & practically guaranteeing relegation. I don''t think the current group of players are awful, i just think they need a new direction from a new manager which i hope will be provided over the summer.

Who''s to say ? After we lost to Cardiff and West Ham I thought we were doomed but everyone else seems to be doing their best to keep us out of the bottom three so maybe we can do it.In all honesty we''re c*ap but there just might be three teams who''re even more c*ap than us.Here''s hoping....

This site Is very pessimistic when coming to the survival of norwich. - I agree with you, we have the capability of surviving and I think we will survive maybe by the skin of our teeth but still surviving - cheers GP good post

You''re flogging a dead horse here GP.  There are too many people who get some sort of perverse enjoyment in feeling they can come on here and rubbish players and manager.  It ain''t going to change in a hurry.   You either put up with it, fight it and enjoy getting your views across, or walk away.  I walked away too, but it is still the place to post about our club. 

I see nothing wrong with having a rant occasionally or letting your feelings being known on here, I''ve done it several times - but a thick skin is needed to ignore the more  posters who will pounce on anything they see as weakness.   Its just like a school playground with its bullying and if you say anything that stands out as being different to the crowd, you will get pounced on.

On your footballing points, I think that sums it up pretty well for me too.