Sign in to follow this  
unique

Sunday Supplement

Sport''s journo Neil Custis firmly believes Tim Sherwood will be the next Norwich manager.

?

I would be happy with that. He''s simplified Tottenhams approach and emphasizes on just "letting them play". Yesterday wasn''t the case tho haha.

He took over spurs in 7th and they are now 5th. AVBs ppg this season were 1.69 and is now 2.16.

I said he was an option months ago. Yes please.

There would be a certain irony replacing one long term ex-Spurs coach with another.

All eyes on White Hart Lane next week and hoping Arsenal turn them over 5-0........

Perhaps we could organise a game between a side managed by Chris Hughton and a side managed by Tim Sherwood to give us an indication of who the best manager is

........................................... what''s that you say? Oh.............................

Perhaps it would also be ironic that we replaced a manager who plays a narrow, inverted winger attack which seriously hinders an expensive striker, with a manager who changed from a a narrow, inverted winger attack with a very expensive (£26M) striker to a more entertaining and beneficial style of play.

This thought occurred to me yesterday whilst walking the dog. I think he would be a good fit for us assuming we stay up and he''s replaced by Mr Levy.

Whether he would want to come to us and whether we could afford him and whether we will dump CH are other considerations of course. One thing about him though is that we''d see more expressive football from our players.

ReadingCanary wrote the following post at 09/03/2014 10:33 AM:

Tim Sherwood would certainly have us playing attacking football

Reckon we would concede a truck load under him though
Believe it or not I would rather lose a game 4-3, where we have a hope of winning, than lose 1-0 when we only have 1 or 2 shots on target all match and little chance of getting a result.

These are false alternatives though Yellow Wall: there is no guarantee that you are going to get the three goals. You might not lose the game 4 -3 but 4 -0, or a whole series at 1-0 or 2-0. You need to be able to defend in football as well as attack: it is not an either or scenario.

[quote user="unique"]Sport''s journo Neil Custis firmly believes Tim Sherwood will be the next Norwich manager. ?[/quote]

Oh yes please![Y]

Badger wrote the following post at 09/03/2014 10:54 AM:

These are false alternatives though Yellow Wall: there is no

guarantee that you are going to get the three goals. You might not lose

the game 4 -3 but 4 -0, or a whole series at 1-0 or 2-0. You need to be

able to defend in football as well as attack: it is not an either or

scenario.
Badger ..... you missed the two most important parts of my post. One where I pointed out there would be goals, and goals make for entertainment,  something we are getting less and less of, and more importantly that we would have some hope of achieving something.Under the manager and coaching staff we have at the moment, and the tactics they employ, what do you honestly believe is the best we can HOPE for? To me the only thing we will ever achieve and something that we would only ever be able to hope for is Premiership survival.I would like to think if we played a more adventurous game that one day, just as with other smaller clubs recently, we could pick up some silverware or push into European competition.

Well let''s all go and have a bet on it @66/1 then, if sport''s journalist Neil Custis said so. Rubbish. Oh yea... Let''s replace a proven manager, with an unproven one! Tim Sherwood will only come to Norwich if we are relegated.

Sorry Yellow Wall. No I agree that we have to attack better, I''m not sure whether we should do so at the expense of weakening the defence though. (Sorry, I know that sounds trite - but I don''t mean it that way.) The frustration for me is that I think we have played quite well recently (well maybe not yesterday) but we don''t have the ability to unlock defences and take chances. I don''t actually think we are "that far away" from being a decent team at times, but yes, many relegated teams could have said that in the past. It''s all very narrow margins.

Sherwood is inexperienced, but I doubt if he could be much worse than Hughton. He seems to be making changes and making things happen, usually.

In his honest public utterances Sherwood seems to be speaking plainly about the truth. Hughton is so deferential that you wonder what he does really believe.

[quote user="Winning 25"]Well let''s all go and have a bet on it @66/1 then, if sport''s journalist Neil Custis said so. Rubbish. Oh yea... Let''s replace a proven manager, with an unproven one! Tim Sherwood will only come to Norwich if we are relegated.[/quote]
What exactly has Hughton proven? That he is capable of sucking all joy out of watching football? That he is an incredibly inept tactician? That he cannot motivate players to perform consistently at even an average level for their ability? I''d rather have anyone in instead of Hughton. It genuinely can''t get much worse, regardless of what league we''re in.

No hughton has proven that as a manager he can get a team promoted to the premiership, and stay 10th (Newcastle), He can take over a side in disarray, that spend nothing and finish 4th, getting to the semi finals (Birmingham, Look what happened to them after he had gone). And took a squad that had players who had risen from League 1 to the Premiership and got them to finish 11th (and won me a lot of money, which I thank him for). I can understand why people want him gone, not that I would if I was CEO. (can you imagine)

But lets hire the tottenham coach who has just bashed his players publicly having spent around £80m in the summer, although not his players, are nevertheless extremely good players, which we beat pretty easily really....yeah lets have him.

Again, why don''t people put forward a good argument for him, other than ''he''s not hughton.'' For coach yes, good idea, but for manager...there''s not really a case for him as anyone would be better than AVB-did anyone see what he did to that chelsea team?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]No hughton has proven that as a manager he can get a team promoted to the premiership, and stay 10th (Newcastle), He can take over a side in disarray, that spend nothing and finish 4th, getting to the semi finals (Birmingham, Look what happened to them after he had gone). And took a squad that had players who had risen from League 1 to the Premiership and got them to finish 11th (and won me a lot of money, which I thank him for). I can understand why people want him gone, not that I would if I was CEO. (can you imagine)

But lets hire the tottenham coach who has just bashed his players publicly having spent around £80m in the summer, although not his players, are nevertheless extremely good players, which we beat pretty easily really....yeah lets have him.

Again, why don''t people put forward a good argument for him, other than ''he''s not hughton.'' For coach yes, good idea, but for manager...there''s not really a case for him as anyone would be better than AVB-did anyone see what he did to that chelsea team?[/quote]Some people have a bad case of ABH.Anyone but Hughton.[;)]

Yes to Rosler, no to Sherwood. Stay up and go for Rosler if he doesn''t get them promoted.

An excellent observation and worthy of your 10,000th post.

Heads like vegetables will always be a disadvantage in football, fat potaoe head being another classic example.

Tim Sherwood will prove to be a "rubbish" manager.  You can''t call out your players in public like he did in the after match interview on Saturday.  He may be being honest, but the sort of dressing down he gave his players will not help him keep the players behind him. 

Once again its just a case of the grass being greener. 

"Brienne"

An excellent observation and worthy of your 10,000th post.

Heads like vegetables will always be a disadvantage in football, fat potaoe head being another classic example.

That is the exact reason why I never liked Allardyce.

[quote user="lake district canary"] Tim Sherwood will prove to be a "rubbish" manager.  You can''t call out your players in public like he did in the after match interview on Saturday.  He may be being honest, but the sort of dressing down he gave his players will not help him keep the players behind him. 

Once again its just a case of the grass being greener. 

[/quote]

Opinion or fact?

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="lake district canary"] Tim Sherwood will prove to be a "rubbish" manager.  You can''t call out your players in public like he did in the after match interview on Saturday.  He may be being honest, but the sort of dressing down he gave his players will not help him keep the players behind him.  Once again its just a case of the grass being greener.  [/quote]

Opinion or fact?[/quote]

Opinion, of course - what else could it be?