Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Atmosphere...

I''m aware this subject has been covered in previous threads but what is it with the atmosphere at Carrow Road this season? First half Saturday you''d have been more likely to get more passion from fans watching the Opera. I know it was ''only'' Stoke and the boring dross on show in the last year or so hasn''t been anything to get excited and noisy about but at the end of the day it works both ways. Players are more liable to perform better with a bit more passion, louder encouragement, singing etc in the stands.

It''s all such a far cry from our Championship promotion winning season under Lambert when Carrow Road was arguably one of the loudest vibrant grounds in the division. I paticularly remember the home game against Burnley when we came back from 2-0 down to get a point in injury time. The noise and encouragement from the fans second half helped the team earn that point massively. You just wouldn''t get that sort of backing inside Carrow Road now.

That''s modern football for you. Stewards mithering you and Norwich playing dour anti-football is not and never will lead to a great atmosphere.

I think it''s just the perception of older fans who remember the days of the terraces. A TV commentator said the atmosphere on Saturday was good and compared to the average PL club he was right.

The first half on saturday was like watching paint dry. OP do you get excited and start chanting when watching paint dry?