Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Rant time...

Not been on this messageboard for a while but something (apart from the usual negative rubbish from Hootun) is really winding me up..The treatment of RvW.Clearly isnt being played in the right way and the team arent helping him either. Why the hell (when it isnt his natural game) does he have to keep dropping so deep all the time?! Look at his goals for Sporting- most of them come from balls into him that he run onto. Does he get that here?And the "support". He cost a lot yes, but if you get a Lambo you dont ride the f*cking clutch whilst revving all the time do you? No.. you drive it nicely, work out how to drive it properly and drive to it''s strengths.Fair enough if you''ve got a Peugot or a Skoda and you drive it like a complete nutter-without any care or consideration-that''s what those sort of cars are there for.If the previous owners of said Lambo managed to get lots of miles (ok goals in this instance...) out of it and you are finding that it''s struggling while you''re driving it.. maybe the conclusion is that you arent driving it properly!RvW recieved the ball in the box against Stoke... ONE TIME.

I watched a youtube video of his Sporting goals earlier. A large amount of them were from balls played from a right footed cross from the right or left footed cross from the left. Been saying this all season but playing the wingers on the correct wings will help immensely.

Mrs Miggins - even as a car driver, I got the symbolism.I basically agree, too. From the point of view of his career, I think RvW made a big mistake going to a Hughton team. I''m sure one day we''ll see him knocking in goals at the highest level and we''ll be thinking ''why didn''t he do it for us?''And I quite like the answer ''Because we drove him like a Skoda.''

I fully agree.

Spurs spent a fortune in the summer and AVB also played with inverted wingers. Soldado cost £26M and has now completely lost his confidence and form because he was being played up front with inverted wingers.

RvW is the same.

The only difference?

AVB was sacked.

Totally agree. I also believe this is the main reason why Holt struggled last season and also copped a lot of flack.

Inverted wingers slow the play down and are invited to cut in on their stronger foot for a pop at goal.

This totally nullifies the striker/s unless they can mop up the bits ie, parried saves or dodgy clearance.

Agreed. What''s the old saying....''you can''t win the lottery if you don''t buy a ticket'' ??RvW must feel like his numbers came up on the one day he forgot to nip down to the newsagents to buy the ticket.If we do not get him in the area where he can realistically hit the target, nor provide a staedy stram of ball to him, he''s got no chance. Double whammy.

I totally agree, and another side I feel might be veering it''s ugly head is trust , I don''t think our midfield feel confident in RVW finishing it, he makes the runs but never receives the ball he gets into space okay in the box but never does the ball come to him, I think for him to come good is for a new manager in the summer and for him to work closely with our forwards build there confidence in preseason