Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Tettey

The last two games have shown the impact of not having far in the side had had (compared to the previous 6 games). Having him and tettey out would be a real hammer blow, the real heart of our midfield.

Fingers crossed he is training Mon

Be nice to get Howson back in the starting line up for his much better use of the ball but preferably not at the expense of losing Tettey.

Fenway,

As I know, there are known knowns; there are things I know that I know. There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that I now know you don''t know. But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things you do not know that even I don''t know and let''s face it even if I did I might choose not to share with you.

GJP,

Well spotted, with one or two amendments to make my point/take the pi55.

If Tettey is out for Southampton and with Fer also out, we are really short.

What options do we have?  I''m assuming it would have to be

Snodgrass       Howson      Johnson    Redmond

Hoolahan

I hope this is the solution employed by Hughton and he isn''t tempted to bring Elmander in!  I suppose our only other options for midfield are Murphy and Fox unless I have completely forgotten about someone? 

Other possibilities -

Snodgrass could play more centrally and Murphy could come in to give pace and Saints something to think about on both wings, which may limit their fullbacks getting forward as much.

Olsson could be pushed forward to left mid, which would allow Snodgrass to play in a central midfield role, with Redmond on the right.

Hooper could play behind RVW, which would give the option to play Hoolahan elsewhere.

A bit of an untried one here, but Olsson could be deployed in the ''Tettey role''[:O].  Which would give pace combined with defensive qualities in the centre of midfield.