Sign in to follow this  
Indy

What is ,issing from our club, team and perfromances?

What another frustrating day and it''s clyclic, we picked it up just before the WBA win and then wnet into a run in which really played some terrible football, we picked it up over the past few games then went to Villa and were terrible. Saturday we should have won that game and still in the first half Stoke created the better chances.

For the first 25 minutes we played stoke at their own game, humping the ball in the air, then when we did get it down we started to get t them!

But not for the first time nor last time this year, we get ourseoves into a winning position to shoot ourselves in the foot, we must be one of the higest teams to go inot the lead only to lose points 29 games gone and still no sub scores!

I just sat there after we subbed Tetty for Elmander the terrible can''t hit a cows backside from 3 yards and thought why the hell do we have three strikers on the bench and no cover for Tettey or Johnson? then looked at our programme and yet we have one more midfielders who are not picked to cover this type of injury! What is Hughton thinking, Hooper & Elmander on the bench why the need for Becchio?

I wasn''t ont of those who got upset when Elmander came on but it''s clear to see most fans have not taken to him and I must admit he''s a waste of money in my book, cost us 1.6 million in loan fees and reported at 60K wages a week and for what?

But as I left I thought there is something not right and has not been right for two years, I would loved Hugthon to have bonded with the fans, the players to have made an impression but the atmosphere just summs up where we are at the mo, nowhere! in limbo hanging onto the premiership with both hands and yet I know that we have the players in that team to win games, to keep us up and to go on to make us into a good mi table side, I know this so what''s missing?

Would a change now wth Adams and co as interim managers galvanise the crowd, inspire the players, or can Hughton who in book is doing OK give our players the freedom and confidence to keep us up?

I don''t know but one thing for sure, we need to pick up points from somehwere and that might just mean either winning one of the four last games or going to Fulham and picking up points, could that be justice by sending them down?

What a frustrating season and one I hope ends with some positives, but something is missing from FCR, atmosphere, perfromcance and belief.

Indy ..... the most important thing missing is hope.Because of the dour style of play we know that we are going to to be easy to defend against.If we get behind and teams want to park the bus we have little or no flair to break down a massed defence.Against ten men most people would say you make the pitch as big as possible, use the flanks to their extremes, attack quickly and get early, telling balls into the box. We played the same narrow game that we have all season that has proved to be so lacking in excitement, entertainment  ........... and hope.Oh, for a winger who could stretch a defence, attack with pace, hit the goal line and get in crosses that our expensive forwards would have a bit of a chance with.We saw the benefit of hitting the goal line at Villa when Hooper made a good run before pulling the ball back for us to score. On the rare occasions that we have tried that we have reaped the rewards.Instead, our manager perseveres with inverted wingers, a system that has not proved to be beneficial to us this season and a system that cost AVB the sack at Spurs, despite having £80M worth of proven players.With inverted wingers comes little hope.

What is missing is someone who really f**ks s**t up like Holty used to do up front. Be it someone behind a RVW or someone in front of a Hoolahan. Somebody not happy until a couple of goals have flown in.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

GOALS!

[/quote]

This. ^^   Recent performances have not been all doom and gloom like some would like to put out.  Its been far from dour.   Just one or two more goals and chances taken would make all the difference.