Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Can Becchio just be started next game please?

RVW needs to go back to some airy fairy league, Hooper back to an even worse one and Elmander just needs to retire and become a postman or something. I feel sorry for the rest of the team having to serve them options. Yes Bassong had a clumsy challenge today but he''s had some good games, yes Johnson is sometimes a bit rubbish, but at least we see them play well for once. Our strikers if we go down should be lined up alongside Hughton and pelted with rotten veg outside the castle.

I totrally agree Mr Jimmy but its not me you have to convince.

I''ll think about it Jimmy, but will need your detailed notes on how he trains this week relative to our other strikers.

in no game that becchio has appeared has he even looked as good as the 3 who have played.   Simply not good enough in any of his performances since he signed;    last season he was not even good enough to get in ahead of kei or grant when it was clear neither of them were up to it and rightly let go by the summer. 

If we are calling for becchio we may as well call for Morris - why hasnt he had his chance when murphy has????

That really would be an indication that we were preparing for the Championship.

He''ll have to have a pop at Hughton or the club in the press!

It worked before, and for Hoolahan.

Given my posts, I am expecting to start next week as well!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Pathetic.[/quote]
I feel like I should expand on this point. (And apologise for being insulting)
I don''t think i''m superior or anything, or have some super knowledge of football. But it seems blatantly obvious RVWs movement is good. There were a number of times yesterday he was moving in-between defenders when someone had the ball in a position to try a pass through. They never tried. I checked the Opta stats, not one of Hoolahan''s passes looked like they were being played to him. There was that one to Snoddy, that was it. Then the one to Martin who''s cross was poor when RVW was ahead of the defender.
There was no real spark between Hoolahan and Snoddy apart from that one moment. And no spark between them and RVW. And its not his fault. He wasn''t slowing down the play, whenever he got the ball he pretty quickly spread it out wide more often than not.
Just can''t understand why some are so harsh on him. Obviously the whole situation is disappointing. But some fans wether it be about RVW, Johnson, Snoddy, Bassong or anyone else are just horrible.

An interesting response Gingerpele.

The logic therefore has to be to keep starting him and hope the goals come in time. I thought the midfield would by now have adapted to the service he wants, unfortunately I think Fer had the best understanding with RVW.

Chopping and changing the striker will delay further building an understanding - but we need goals now. Tough call.

He would have started a few games by now if the coaching team thought he could cut it.......thanks GP for tha stat overview, changes my view a little on RVW''s performance yesterday.

His "movement" is woeful. Half the time he gormlessly stands there ball watching, the other half he hides up to avoid getting the ball. The other players only pass to him if there is no other option because he will instantly lose possession. But at least h looked good on all those YouTube clips eh, young Ginger? Did you ever see Mark Fotheringham? He looked good on YouTube as well.

Ricky Von Fotheringhamswinkel

[quote user="Simple Jack"]His "movement" is woeful. Half the time he gormlessly stands there ball watching, the other half he hides up to avoid getting the ball. The other players only pass to him if there is no other option because he will instantly lose possession. But at least h looked good on all those YouTube clips eh, young Ginger? Did you ever see Mark Fotheringham? He looked good on YouTube as well.

Ricky Von Fotheringhamswinkel[/quote]
I haven''t watched him on Youtube. Like you clearly haven''t watched him at Carrow Road.
Said it before, ''Simple'' is definitely the best way to describe you.

Yes mrs miggins.
As I said a number of times I was almost screaming out for Wes or someone else to try and put the pass through to him.
Go watch MOTD again, that shot Hoolahan had, RVW was looking all the time to start the run for Wes to put the pass through, but he didn''t. In that case he had a decent shot and won the corner. But it wasn''t the only time, and many other times it results in Wes just passing the ball to Snoddy to slow it all down, or losing the ball. As he did more than Johnson. A point I want to make to those who like saying he was terrible yesturday.

snodgrass is definitely the main culprit when it comes to slowing our attacks down

I almost wish they would start him in the next game, to finally put the debate to bed.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]so your not blaming bassong?[/quote]

I do partially, but there are times he''s been outstanding, as have the entire defence. Yes they have made mistakes and been poor at times but they have done a decent job for a bottom half premiership team. Our strikers however, have been appaling all season bar a couple of goals from Hooper. That is the reason the blame is mostly aimed at them.

If we could occasionally score more than one a game, Bassong could occasionally make an error that wouldn''t lose us points, as every defender does. Imagine if we had David Luiz! I take it everyone missed his goalsaving tackle on Crouch yesterday?

Am I missing something here? how can Becchio be any worse than three strikers who never score?

As Darren Eadie said on Canary call if RVW is not getting the service he needs to add something else to his game.

I have been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and on present form RVW and Elmander rank as two of the worst signings ever, and makes you appreciate what a great all round player Holty was.

I would love both to come good but I just can''t see it

[quote user="railwaycanary"]Am I missing something here? how can Becchio be any worse than three strikers who never score?

As Darren Eadie said on Canary call if RVW is not getting the service he needs to add something else to his game.

I have been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and on present form RVW and Elmander rank as two of the worst signings ever, and makes you appreciate what a great all round player Holty was.

I would love both to come good but I just can''t see it[/quote]1. You must have an extremely selective memory.2. Selecting a player because "he couldn''t be any worse", you think thats a good managerial mantra to select players by?

It''s the mantra we have to go by. Eadie makes a good point to be fair. A lot of the questions are "what are the midfield doing for RVW?" but perhaps it''s what is RVW doing for the midfield?"

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It''s the mantra we have to go by. Eadie makes a good point to be fair. A lot of the questions are "what are the midfield doing for RVW?" but perhaps it''s what is RVW doing for the midfield?"[/quote]Whatever the question is, I doubt the answer is "Becchio"

I''d argue he''d understand our midfield a bit more. He may not be technically as good as RVW, but he''s been successful in front of Howson, Johnson and Snoddy before. Chuck Hoolahan and Redmond in there or Tettey and it could be what we need.

Perhaps the time of attempting to play pretty football needs to be laid to rest until summer and we need to win ugly with goals off Becchio''s well placed a**e from a speculative Johnson lob into the area? When did we last score a really rubbish goal? We never do, as we never put the pressure on enough. Jay Rodriguez''s goal at the weekend typified why it''s working for him this season compared to last.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''d argue he''d understand our midfield a bit more. He may not be technically as good as RVW, but he''s been successful in front of Howson, Johnson and Snoddy before. Chuck Hoolahan and Redmond in there or Tettey and it could be what we need.

Perhaps the time of attempting to play pretty football needs to be laid to rest until summer and we need to win ugly with goals off Becchio''s well placed a**e from a speculative Johnson lob into the area? When did we last score a really rubbish goal? We never do, as we never put the pressure on enough. Jay Rodriguez''s goal at the weekend typified why it''s working for him this season compared to last.[/quote]I''d argue that every time I have seen him play in a yellow shirt, he has looked utterly bobbins.

He''s been given 10 minutes each time to impress. Hardly enough to form an opinion. The other options have all had plenty of game time and have also looked "utterly bobbins". I think he''d love a go at an occasionally shaky southampton defence and keeper...

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He''s been given 10 minutes each time to impress. Hardly enough to form an opinion. The other options have all had plenty of game time and have also looked "utterly bobbins". I think he''d love a go at an occasionally shaky southampton defence and keeper...[/quote]So what about when he has played for the U21''s then? And in the cup?His chance to shine against lesser opposition, and really show us, and the manager, that he''s worth a punt?