Sign in to follow this  
RuelFox

TIM SHERWOOD/UWE ROSLER

BE NICE WOULDNT IT AT THE END OF THE SEASON, BOTH SEEM TO BE GREAT MAN-MANAGERS AND MOTIVATORS.

BOTH HAVE HAD BOUNCEBACKABILITY SINCE THEY TOOK OVER. SHERWOOD HAS ROOTS OBVIOUSLY AND I CANT BELIEVE HE WILL BE KEPT ON NEXT SEASON IF THEY FINISH OUTSIDE TOP 4 WHICH REALLY ISNT HIS FAULT.

Either a mile better than Hughton.

I''d rather Lennon than Hughton.

I''d rather Sherwood or Rosler than Lennon.

Rosler for me.

Can''t afford to sack Hughton, Rosler on a good thing at Wigan and a good screw too. Will cost millions to attract him give up on that one.

Sherwood not too complimentary about City so forget that one.

If we stay up this season and Wigan don''t go up then we can pay off the last year of Hughton''s contract and buy Rosler out of his.

Funny how now it''s too late to sack Hughton managers are now starting to poke their heads above the parapet. Very frustrating that we have to see out the season and perhaps get relegated with Hughton before we can change manager.

I''d take either Lennon or Sherwood. We''d be going for Rosler based off of one result though, although he has guided Wigan towards the Play-Off positions since taking over. Time will tell with him.

Currently I think we''re best just hoping we can get enough points with Hughton. The board have clearly messed up in not sacking him. He''s not good enough. I firmly believe McNally et al just didn''t really know what to do - so they did nothing!

[quote user="YellowNets1901"] The board have clearly messed up in not sacking him. He''s not good enough. I firmly believe McNally et al just didn''t really know what to do - so they did nothing![/quote]

The board have held their nerve, because they think he is good enough and has the players on side.    Its called a strength, not a weakness.Whether its correct or not, only time will tell. 

I think it''s more a case of them not having the guts to take the risk. In my opinion it was always going to be a bigger risk sticking with Hughton, and so it''s proving.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]

I''d take either Lennon or Sherwood. We''d be going for Rosler based off of one result though, although he has guided Wigan towards the Play-Off positions since taking over. Time will tell with him.  [/quote]

What is it Sherwood has done that makes you happy to take him but with Rosler it''s a case of "time will tell"?

Sherwood has only been doing the Spurs job for 2-3 months and in that time they have been a mixed bag. Surely Rosler has already shown more as a manager?

For me Rosler looks like the most exciting prospect of all 3. But then I always liked Roberto Martinez only to be told by many that he wasn''t up to it.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I think it''s more a case of them not having the guts to take the risk. In my opinion it was always going to be a bigger risk sticking with Hughton, and so it''s proving.[/quote]

A bigger risk?   When we are unbeaten at CR in five games having seen off ManCity and Spurs in the process?   Still four points clear and within reach of mid-table?    It was going to be a risk - whoever is the manager.

[quote user="GJP"]

What is it Sherwood has done that makes you happy to take him but with Rosler it''s a case of "time will tell"?

Sherwood has only been doing the Spurs job for 2-3 months and in that time they have been a mixed bag. Surely Rosler has already shown more as a manager?

For me Rosler looks like the most exciting prospect of all 3. But then I always liked Roberto Martinez only to be told by many that he wasn''t up to it.

[/quote]

Since Sherwood took over, only Chelsea have obtained more points than Spurs, that''s hardly a mixed bag.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Since Sherwood took over, only Chelsea have obtained more points than Spurs, that''s hardly a mixed bag.

[/quote]I reckon I could manage Spurs'' quality of squad and do fine though.Do you think that Spurs will keep Sherwood, come the end of the season?I don''t.

Apparently Sherwood and Levy have fallen out. Surprise, surprise. Sherwood''s comments after Saturday''s game won''t sit too well either.

I wouldn''t be unhappy if Tim Sherwood was our next manager. Would he come to a Championship club though? ;-)

[quote user="morty"]I reckon I could manage Spurs'' quality of squad and do fine though.Do you think that Spurs will keep Sherwood, come the end of the season?I don''t.[/quote]There''s a difference between ''doing fine'', and getting the second best results in the entire league. You''d expect Spurs to be somewhere between 5th-7th, Sherwood has them on Champions League form.I don''t think they''ll keep him because they will want someone fancier and more foreign, but that doesn''t make him a bad manager. I just think its very strange how Spurs fans, the media, and apparently, Norwich fans, are talking about Sherwood like he''s just some PE teacher who''s wandered in off the street.

Spurs were never going to keep Sherwood at the end of the season however well he did , he was a short term stop gap untill the man they want becomes available .

A few months ago, during one of the periodic ''who would be better than Hughton then ?'' threads on here, I had the temerity to suggest Uwe Rosler. I was shouted down as he was manager of Lge One Brentford at the time.So, why has the fact that he''s managed for a few weeks at Champ level, suddenly made him acceptable in some peoples'' eyes ?Still think he''s going to be a top gaffer , myself.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"][quote user="morty"]I reckon I could manage Spurs'' quality of squad and do fine though.Do you think that Spurs will keep Sherwood, come the end of the season?I don''t.[/quote]There''s a difference between ''doing fine'', and getting the second best results in the entire league. You''d expect Spurs to be somewhere between 5th-7th, Sherwood has them on Champions League form.I don''t think they''ll keep him because they will want someone fancier and more foreign, but that doesn''t make him a bad manager. I just think its very strange how Spurs fans, the media, and apparently, Norwich fans, are talking about Sherwood like he''s just some PE teacher who''s wandered in off the street.[/quote]Like i said, time will tell.Yeah, I accept he is doing well. I don''t think he''s either a good manager, or a bad one. He is the right man in the right place, at the right time. And he''ll do for Spurs while they interview fancier, foreign coaches.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I reckon I could manage Spurs'' quality of squad and do fine though.

Do you think that Spurs will keep Sherwood, come the end of the season?

I don''t.
[/quote]

Exactly.

Probably the best thing Sherwood has done is getting Adebayor in the team and scoring goals but it''s not as if Adebayor was unproven at this level.

They were pretty ordinary here and that''s been the case in some of their other games - even if they''ve won. They have some very talented and very expensive players who can win them games.

If Sherwood is still boss next season it''ll only be because things haven''t gone to plan with getting other targets in.

"Ooh ooh, theres an ex Norwich player who is doing okay as a manager, lets get Malky"."Oh no, wait, theres another ex player who is doing well, but is obviously biding his time, until he fulfills his lifetime dream of managing Norwich City".Like a kid with ADHD.

Is Hughton pulling up trees?

I would say not. I would say he hasn''t come close to pulling up trees since our dim and distant run last season (he pulled up trees). Since then, Hughton has contrived to motivate the players and choose successful tactics to pull out results... when we/he are right up against it. His narrative is all about disadvantage and Dunkirk spirit, and to be fair he manages to keep us in that situation. 

In theory, he would be the perfect ''relegation rescue'' agent. If Hughton were available to us come May, then he is the kind of guy I''d want the board to bring in for a short-term caretaker.