Sign in to follow this  
Ray

Russ Martin Interview in Gunn Club

Think you should have renamed your subject to "Russ Martin''s interview in The Gunn Club will not be revealed here".

Clicked on the link generally interested to read and you get this load of rubbish.

Can''t wait for my dinner today. Can''t tell you what it is though. I only want to discuss it with people in the restaurant who witnessed me eat it though.........See how ridiculous that sounds?

So why not give us a flavour of what he said, Ray?You''ve teased everybody with the title of the thread then clammed up when asked for a summary.

viad666

What part of "Would be interested to hear the view of any posters who heard RM''s interview in the Gunn Club " do you not understand?

Just as I could be Interested to hear the views of anyone who ate at the same retuarant as me, which may or may not include you.

If someone asked an assembled audience, which included me, for views on an event, let''s say a match, I had not seen, I would hold my tongue, move on and let those that had seen it enjoy their debate. I would not criticise the questioner and attempt to ridicule him/her, which of course can only be achieved with the questioner''s approval and I don''t approve, so your attempt failed.

The reason, and I repeat for you and others that appear tp be hard of reading, that imo the speech said a great deal about the man and other issues going on at the club, there was so much in it, it would take about 4 pages to discuss it all, hence why I asked for the opinions of those that heard it, however, I will add that he was questioned from the floor, not a normal occurrence, and and gladly and eloquently gave answers.

However, you may be correct and my post headline perhaps should have read, "Only read this if you were in the Gunn Club today", guess what even more would probably have read it and still felt the need to criticise.

My real problem is that they walk among us!

This thread just about sums up this message board at the moment. People queuing up desperate to have a pop and get their own view point and/or agenda across on every thread whether it''s relevant to the OP or not.

And let''s not foget to take offence for no reason whatsoever while we''re at it.

HOW VERY DARE THE OP WANT TO TALK TO PEOPLE WHO WITTNESSED SOMETHING HE DID TO SEE IF THEY HAD THE SAME TAKE ON IT AS HIM. ITS AN OUTRAGE! AND HE HASNT EVEN TOLD US WHAT RUSS''S VIEWPOINT ON DELIAS B PREFERENCE SHARES IS OI OI TELL US THIS NOW, DONT YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE? WE F* CKIN'' RUN THIS BOARD AND IN FUTURE YOU''D DO WELL TO REMEMBER THAT OR WE''LL SPEND OUR WHOLE TIME TROLLING EVERY POST YOU MAKE REFERING BACK TO THIS THREAD OR SOME OTHER IMAGINARY ONE AND START BANGING ON AGAIN ABOUT HOW YOU NEVER ANSWERED OUR POINTLESS AND IRRELIVANT QUESTION AND WERE RUDE TO US AND MADE US CRY UNTIL YOU GIVE UP AND STOP POSTING LIKE MOST OTHER REASONABLE POSTERS HAVE!!!!!

And yes I am aware of a little irony occurring in the posting of this off topic post, yawn.

My oppolgies to the OP. I wasn''t in the Gunn Club either, but did Russ have anything to say about his lucky underpants and if they have to be traded for primark ones in the event of relegation?

I was in the Gunn Club yesterday Ray ............................................................................................ what did you think of Russ Martin interview?

Yellow,

I thought his demeanour and the way he handled the question from the floor showed him to be, and I repeat something I have already said, an eloquent, natural leader whose football career will not end with his playing days.

What did you make of it, especially the points he made regarding the responsibilities of the players when he answered the ''from the floor'' question.

Also, I thought he spoke very well around the situation we find ourselves in, being a whole club issue and whilst fully accepting resposibilty on behalf of the players, the points he made regarding all other parties involved were sound.

Obviously some of the points he made were what you would expect but I felt we got a well thought out, well constructed and meaningful interview and not just the normal type of platitudes we get.

What were your thoughts?

Well thought out, eloquent and sound.His will be a long career in football.His answers were meaningful and he went a long to prove that modern footballers are a long way away from the stereotyped ''thickos'' of the past that so many believe is the same today.

Yellow,

Seems like we are the only two on here that heard it, which is a shame, or the only two posting anyway, and yes I agree with all of what you said, I wanted to see if others got the same from it as I did and so far (you and I) it''s 100%.

Thanks

I''ve been informed I''m not getting my lunch until this evening. So plenty of time yet[;)]

What did he say?

Zachariah,

Thanks for this and I thought he went commando!

Nutty,

I hope your lunch is worth waiting for?

He said too much to put it all on here, it was the way he said what he said that particularly impressed me.

He did accept the players need to improve in terms of quality, mental fortitude, ability to see a game out, etc. He was also sure we would be in the PL next year.

I''m not sure if it appears on the website anywhere, if it does it''s worth a listen.

Ray, while i appreciate you want to discuss what you heard with others, i don''t understand why you don''t share what you heard rather than just giving your take on it. It would open up the discussion to a much wider range of pinkun posters.

A brother and step-dad were there but i haven''t had a run down on what was said, when i do i will share, although i imagine it will be more accurate coming directly from someone who was there.

[quote user="Ray"]Nutty,

He said too much to put it all on here, it was the way he said what he said that particularly impressed me.

He did accept the players need to improve in terms of quality, mental fortitude, ability to see a game out, etc. He was also sure we would be in the PL next year.

I''m not sure if it appears on the website anywhere, if it does it''s worth a listen.[/quote]

I''m glad he said that Ray. I feel that the ease of which the manager gets the blame lets the players off the hook a fair bit. I''m sure Hughton is happy to take that pressure but at the end of the day it''s down to the players on the pitch. As was pointed out to me by someone I have the utmost respect for the players are on divisional pay and that alone should be motivation enough.

I think it''s going to be roast beef Ray. Not for a long time yet though[:''(]

I were there and thought Martin did well, the bit about XXXXXXX and XXXXXX falling out over XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX during XXXXXX did shine a light on where the wheels have come off.

RTB,

Please read my original post.

I wasn''t writing a report I was asking what others felt about it, so by definition you really had to be there.

Coming back to Nutty''s post, I could write a report about my Sunday lunch but you would never get the flavour from my words, you would have to have eaten it to share any meaningful dialogue on its merits, etc.

The same applies here, nuances, inflections, facial expressions would not be picked up from my post. I was seeking feedback from those that experienced it, simple as that.

Others seem to be pilloring me for a poilte request.

Anyway, off to have my Sunday lunch now and I promise you all, I won''t be posting about it, no matter how good it is!

Fair enough, Ray, if you don''t think you can do it justice. I think we''re spoiled by Rickky who seems to capture the mood of games, meetings etc. with some really nice prose.

By the way, you could always upload a pic of your Sunday lunch - no comments needed...

RTB,

I can do the prose but just like a pic of my lunch, you stiil wouldn''t get the smell or the flavour and consequently you wouldn''t salivate!

[quote user="Ray"]Nutty,

I''m not sure if it appears on the website anywhere, if it does it''s worth a listen.[/quote]Considering the amount of time and effort you have put in to NOT telling us what Russ said, don''t you think it would have been a lot less stressful for all concerned to just give a short summary of the interview. Yes, Russ Martin seems to be a thoughtful and articulate person but us non Gunn Clubers are anxious to hear what he said and your observations on what went on.

Ricardo,

How correct you are, if I had known I wouldn''t have bothered.

The short summary can be gleaned from my previous posts.

I tell you what Fenway, next time I intend to embark on soliciting peoples'' views on something they heard and shared with me I''ll record it, apply for permission to re-use it, transcribe it and post, so all those I wasn''t reaching out to can have their tuppence worth too.

The overview is in my previous mails if you can be bothered to read them.

Ray, if you have a problem with me why dont you come right out and say it? Oh you did! See you can do it after all.............

[quote user="Ray"]Would be interested to hear the view of any posters who heard RM''s interview in the Gunn Club (he stood in for BJ who was being drug tested).

IMO it was superb and got a number of well deserved rounds of applause.

On a separate note, did anyone notice how he went to talk to Snoddy before he took the corner and then went into the box and had a quick word with BJ and five seconds later the ball

is in the back of the net, he then immediately went to celebrate with Snoddy.

Other posts talk about leaders, we have one but he is not team captain.

IMO he will manager when his playing career is over and be a damn good one too.[/quote]

The only problem with Russell Martin is he is not god enough for the Premiership

pliff,

I don''t ever recall RM proclaiming he was God, but I may be wrong!!

And you forgot to add, ''in your opinion'', he is not god enough for the Premiership. Unless of course you are the all knowing God of said league?.