Sign in to follow this  
Ray

Russ Martin Interview in Gunn Club

Would be interested to hear the view of any posters who heard RM''s interview in the Gunn Club (he stood in for BJ who was being drug tested).

IMO it was superb and got a number of well deserved rounds of applause.

On a separate note, did anyone notice how he went to talk to Snoddy before he took the corner and then went into the box and had a quick word with BJ and five seconds later the ball is in the back of the net, he then immediately went to celebrate with Snoddy.

Other posts talk about leaders, we have one but he is not team captain.

IMO he will manager when his playing career is over and be a damn good one too.

[quote user="Ray"] Other posts talk about leaders, we have one but he is not team captain.  [/quote]

As Club Captain he played in the disaster at Villa Park last weekend and played in the fairly dire draw this afternoon.

Surely if he was that great a leader it''d shine through. Just because he doesn''t have the armband on doesn''t mean he can''t lead but he''s been a part of just as many poor showings as Bassong.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Should still be captain and the manager lacked bottle by handing it over perceiving it to be a "popular choice with the fans".[/quote]Lol.Any excuse, eh?And you know this to be the case how?

GJP,

Were you in the Gunn Club to hear his interview, if not then you are talking without knowledge, also did you miss my point about how he obviously spotted a weakness and orchestrated the goal by taking a leadership role to make it happen??

Furthermore, he is respectful of the on field captain and therefore takes a back seat generally.

As for your point re being part of poor showings, they all have, so by your definition we don''t have any leaders in our squad!!!!!!!!

I wasn''t in the Gunn Club so I haven''t commented on it. I don''t really care about a rousing speech in the Gunn Club. I care about a rousing performance on the pitch.

Yes, I would say we''re lacking leaders at the moment, wouldn''t you?

Totally crumbled at Villa with both the club captain and the regular team captain on the pitch.

As I said GJP, you are talking without knowledge, at no point did I say it was a rousing speech and I think if you had been there and heard what he had to say. you wouldn''t be saying what you are and perhaps you should care what our players say off the pitch, especially if it is as poignant a speech as we heard today from a very eloquent, thinking man who has the club at heart.

My original post did ask for the opinions of those that were in the Gunn club so as to avoid hearing from those that weren''t and to protect them from themselves. Unfortunately you chose to avoid my request and have not protected yourself from yourself.

Finally, you''ve again not read my post fully, you ask me if we are lacking leaders, surely if you had read my original post thoroughly and without your own agenda in mind, you would know my answer to your question and would not have wasted your time asking it.

Perhaps you could have shared what was said to give some inclusion to those who weren''t there.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Should still be captain and the manager lacked bottle by handing it over perceiving it to be a "popular choice with the fans".[/quote]Lol.Any excuse, eh?And you know this to be the case how?[/quote]

Certainly don''t have to justify to you Morty. How do I know? Because I do. Not often been wrong have I......

Insert your whiney subliminal response here:

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Should still be captain and the manager lacked bottle by handing it over perceiving it to be a "popular choice with the fans".[/quote]Lol.Any excuse, eh?And you know this to be the case how?[/quote]

Certainly don''t have to justify to you Morty. How do I know? Because I do. Not often been wrong have I......

Insert your whiney subliminal response here:

___________________________[/quote]Ahhh, vaguely alluding to be "in the know"You should have said.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Yeah it''s a nice position to be in. A fortunate one.

You seem to have enough time, please look through my previous once the 10 minute freeview has finished.[/quote]Oh you''re so important, sorry for questioning you.[;)]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]There''s questioning and there''s belittling.

Awkward.

This is where you ask me for a drink isn''t it?[/quote]Nah.

GJP,

A hell of a lot was said. The interview lasted about 10 minutes at least. A lot was not said too. However to put it all here, without those that weren''t there putting their own take on my interpratation on it, especially as I could not include inflection, etc. would simply not do it justice, so apologies to those that wern''t there but I shall not add anything to what I have already said and to reiterate, the man is an eloquent, natural leader whose football career will not end with his playing days.

To be fair to cusdp, he was very knowledgable when Lambert was in charge.

[quote user="Ray"]GJP, A hell of a lot was said. The interview lasted about 10 minutes at least. A lot was not said too. However to put it all here, without those that weren''t there putting their own take on my interpratation on it, especially as I could not include inflection, etc. would simply not do it justice, so apologies to those that wern''t there but I shall not add anything to what I have already said and to reiterate, the man is an eloquent, natural leader whose football career will not end with his playing days.[/quote]

Ok. Shame the rest of us aren''t even going to get the jist of it.

I mean you''re asking others what they thought of it but you''ve already said it drew a number of rounds of applause - suggesting it went down well.

Seems like you''ve just started a thread (not for the first time) to sing the praises of a player we already know you hold in very, very high regard.

GJP,

Yes I do hold him in very high regard and for some very good reasons.

No I have never started a thread, apart from this one, to sing the praises of RM or any other player in isolation, in fact I have only ever started a handful of threads, please be factual.

I actually started this thread asking those that were there what they thought of it, again for very good reasons, yet you appear to want to hijack my post or ignore my request but that''s life I guess.

The post was aimed specifically at those that were there, not those that weren''t, again for very good reasons.

So what did he say Ray? Did he mention how he''s on divisional pay and relegation will affect him for certain because he won''t get another Prem club?

How about you CUSDP. What have you heard about the reasons Wes through his toys out of the pram? Was it because another contract at Villa would have secured him another 12 months PL dollar where as here he''s on divisional pay? What was the story behind Holty when he held the club to ransom? Was it because he didn''t like the manager or was it about money and securing another years PL dollar?

Does someone want to hazard a guess at how much of this new tv deal went into the players wage packets? Not enough left to sell match tickets for less that 50 quid a pop but a token gesture, thanks to the PL, on away tickets and away travel.

Sometimes I get a little fed up with these bits of tittle tattle designed to deflect blame from the players who have let all of us down too many times this season.

Nutty,

Do you feel better for that?

Did I say anything about deflecting blame?

You obviously didn''t hear the interview and obviously, like GJP, ignored my polite request to hear from those that did but if it helps you feel better, then I am glad I was of service.

You didn''t answer my question though Ray. What did he say? Did he say anything about being on divisional pay?

If this is a private conversation between you and others who were in the Gunn club this would be the last place to have it. Very few people on here were at the game let alone in the Gunn club! How many of them do you think post on here?

Hutty,

If it keeps you happy, no he said nothing about being on divisional pay, what ever that means?

Nutty, my original post started'' Would be interested to hear the view of any posters who heard RM''s interview in the Gunn Club" and I have heard from none, so I''m starting to wonder why I bothered to attempt to have a meaningful discussion, I really should have known better shouldn''t I.

Hay..

Do you think you can only get a reasonable conversation with the folk in the Gunn Club? If so you perhaps should have stayed there all night. But as you posted on here those people still up would obviously like to hear what was said. If they''d been in the Gunn club they''d already know wouldn''t they? Perhaps Pete will allow a seperate section of this board where people from the Gunn club can exchange "knowing nods and winks".

Nutty,

Do me a favour, you appear to have an agenda, what makes you think, I think, I would only get a reasonable conversation from the people in the Gunn Clubb and talk about knowing nods and winks, however you are helping to make your own point,

I posted a polite request which appears to have gone over your head, I wanted to hear from those who had heard it, not from those who didn''t but rest assured I won''t be doing it again.

So Ray, as I''m unlikely to find out what he said this side of Sunday lunch I''ll bid you goodnight and struggle up the wooden hill to bed.

BTW if you really don''t know what divisional pay is it''s what Norwich players contracts state about different rates of pay depending on what league they are in. I still don''t know what Russell Martin said though...

As Blackadder said......."Madam, without you, life was like a broken pencil...it was pointless." ........just like this OP subject ...absolutely pointless.......

Dubai,

Pointless to you maybe but not to me. Perhaps I was appealing to those of a mindset different to yours, to mindsets that don''t feel the need to post on a thread just to criticise the subject matter, if it doesn''t float your boat then move on, why get involved? And anyway, so pointless you felt the need to spend precious moments of your life replying. What you do Dubai speaks so loudly, I cannot hear what you say.