Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

5 more games left to get points in!

Okay I have dismissed the last 4 games because I believe they''ll be horror stories for us, and I reckon we need at least 3 wins and a draw to be safe, here''s my thoughts:

Southampton  A  0

Sunderland    H  1 

Swansea       A  0

West Brom   H  3

Fulham         A  1      

Yes, I admit I''m a glass half empty bloke but I''ve based those results on recent performances. It''s not looking too good is it? 

Please convince me I''m wrong.

We got 3 points from Spurs and 1 from Man City.

Also Arsenal could well, by that game of the season, have nothing to play for. They will have secured top 4 and not be able to win the league.

Also.... who knows what will happen at United. Might get a point.

Well no, you dont know what will happen with them clubs, they might have an fa cup final, champs league final, nothing to play for and be on holiday. So you cant say that, end of season and having nothing to play for and not wanting to get injured for their holiday or for the world cup could really be the case.

I''d say your glass is almost entirely empty if you''re willing to discount nearly half our remaining games. On current form at home at least we are as likely (if not more so) to get points off the big teams as those closer to us. I think overall from our remaining 9 fixtures we are hovering just a shade above 50/50 on relegation or survival on the side of survival

[quote user="SooperHooper"]Well no, you dont know what will happen with them clubs, they might have an fa cup final, champs league final, nothing to play for and be on holiday. So you cant say that, end of season and having nothing to play for and not wanting to get injured for their holiday or for the world cup could really be the case.[/quote]

And this exactly why I dismissed those games Mr Sooper, on paper they''re horror stories, reality is as you say.

While you optimists and pessimists argue about the measure of water in a cup.... The opportunist seduced your mrs ;-)

The scary stuff does far over power the good omens for me... For one example: the amount of times I''ve thought "can''t believe we won/got the draw" doesn''t compare to how many times I''ve thought "as if we lost/didn''t win"!

I agree with the last dude.... Well nearly anyway.... I 49% think we''ll survive and 51% think we''re going down.... :-s

But saying that i would expect us to lose to chelsea, liverpool & united.

If we lose to southampton which i expect us to, then 1 pointfom villa, stoke & southampton is just not good enough. We need 3 wins, sunderland, WBA and ?????

But as was proven yesterday these so called easy games are not a given. I think we will get approx 5-6 points which is just isnt good enough.

Hughton will be gone in the summer no matter what.

around 37-38pts looks like being enough to stay up the way things are going. We need to win 2 games and get a couple of draws. We have the best chance in the home games v Sunderland and WBA, but there''s no doubt that Southampton, Swansea and Fulham away are games that we need to get some points from, maybe 2-3pts from those aways, 4pts from those two home games, which would put us on 35-36. We then need 2-3pts from the last 4 games. Arsenal home seems the most likely opportunity to do that. It could be squeaky bum time on the last day!

We are 4 points from a relegation spot and 3 points from 10th place and it''s been like that for a long time, is it likely to change ?

If we only get 5 from 15 against 5 teams around us we deserve to go down.

I definitely beleive we will get more than that though. I''d expect 8 from those games and 2 from the final four games. Which just about does it. Or may not. We''re firmly in to the territory of relying on other teams slipping up unfortunately. 39 will only be enough is WBA or Sunderland and Cardiff and Fulham continue to trundle along at 1 or so ppg.

How many people would have been unhappy with 5 points out of Stoke, Spurs and Man. City?

There are 6 teams in the relegation mix of which 5 teams are below us in the table.  Fulham have 21 points with 9 games left so will need to go on a great run to escape.  Cardiff are better off but still 4 points behind us with the same number of games to go.  Sunderland have games in hand which teams at the bottom normally fail to convert into (enough) points on the board.

Truth is for the bottom 6, if  any of the teams down there suddenly manage to find some top quality form for the last part of the season, that team will probably escape.  For us, the chance of 3 of the teams below us doing it is low.  So the odds of surviving are still in our favour, even after a couple of bad results.

I''m not underestimating our risk.  But there are plenty of people on this thread who are way too pessimistic about our chances.

That''s right. I don''t get why so many feel that enough teams below us in the table are any more likely to enjoy an uplift in fortunes than us.

Yes, I wouldn''t want to bet my livelihood on our avoiding relegation, but equally I wouldn''t bet it on us going down either.

It''s going to go down to the last game or two, but those other teams are down there for a reason too.

Yeah.  If you gave me £100 and gave me the same odds to bet on City surviving or to go down, I''d certainly pick survival as I think our odds of surviving are much better.  But no way I''d bet the mortgage on either ! 

[quote user="It''s Character Forming"]Yeah.  If you gave me £100 and gave me the same odds to bet on City surviving or to go down, I''d certainly pick survival as I think our odds of surviving are much better.  But no way I''d bet the mortgage on either ! 

U could spend the 100 quid going to a claim you plastic f@@@@@.

Err... abuse probably works better if it makes even a bit of sense Thorpe "End".  It''s a bit desperate when you can''t even manage a proper insult.

I''ve just checked the BBC website and I see your team lost again, at ''Boro (who hadn''t scored forever, apparently, before Saturday).  So I can understand why you''ve nothing better to do but come on a forum for City fans.  I wish you''d get bored and get lost.

Despite our recent history against them, if we can''t beat Fulham then we deserve to go down.Likewise we should beat Sunderland & WBA.Southampton & Swansea away will be tough so I don''t see anything coming our way from those games.My predictions - Southampton - 0Sunderland - 3Swansea - 0West Brom - 3Fulham - 3Funny things happen at the end of the season so I can see us getting something from the last 4 games - the only game I would totally write off would be Chelsea. So that''s 9 points from 9 games giving us a total of at least 38 and safety.

Arsenal at home will be an interesting game, Arsenal will more that likely be looking to the FA cup the following week and won''t want to pick up any injuries ahead of the only silveware they might win! I think this might be our get out of jail free card!

That said, 35 points might be enough to survive so two more wins might be enough!

[quote user="Indy"]

Arsenal at home will be an interesting game, Arsenal will more that likely be looking to the FA cup the following week and won''t want to pick up any injuries ahead of the only silveware they might win! I think this might be our get out of jail free card!

That said, 35 points might be enough to survive so two more wins might be enough!

[/quote]

Thats cutting things far too close imo.

None of the teams involved in the last four games will be "on the beach" this season, they could all still be in the mix. I cant see us getting the type of no show that Man City dished up last year!