Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Fans And abuse.

Glad to see R V W is not getting abuse from fans at the ground like Steve Morrison did and yet he scored more goals in the prem.Strange how fans react to players.Looking back perehaps getting rid of Jackson was wrong,he was a player who would come on and score.To stay up now we have to score more than one goal in several games and heart on heart I can not see this happening,perhaps it will be a time to start Beechio for he can not do any worse than R V W.

Its a tough one, this.  RVW is a class finisher but he is playing off scraps.  That is partly down to the fact that in the premiership there is less time and space than the leagues he is used to.   You look at the clips of his goals on Youtube and they are nearly all where he has plenty of time and space to finish with ease.   Now admittedly we do not always play to his strengths and the crosses are often not early or accurate enough, but if we can improve the supply to him he will score.   

The reason Becchio doesn''t start is because RVW is a better striker and needs to play to get his sharpness and confidence.   Once we get him scoring, we have a seriously good looking team.   A combination of  either/and/or Hooper and RVW should be good enough to supply the goals. 

RVW  will keep the fans onside because he is a wholehearted player, gives everything and doesn''t hide.   I just hope he can score a goal to get him up and running, because it will make a huge difference to everyone - and it will help us stay up too.

Maybe the fans who go to games are a bit more "common sense" than some people that post here?

Your forgetting Jackson and Morison could come on and score... in a Paul Lambert team.

Strikers don''t score in a Hughton team unless they happen to be called Suarez or Aguero. There''s just no way Jackson or Moro would be doing any better in this team we have now. Not in my mind anyway.

As for the abuse, people don''t give new strikers abuse because they''re so desperate for them to do well, especially when they are expensive or star billing! Think of Torres. Chelsea fans don''t give him much if any abuse. Or even going back through our history - Dave the Striker, Marc Libbra... they all had start billing and had the fans support but did little for us. Not forgetting Libbra''s debut goal of course. But then i can think of another supposed ''star striker'' who scored on debut....[:$]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Its a tough one, this.  RVW is a class finisher but he is playing off scraps.  That is partly down to the fact that in the premiership there is less time and space than the leagues he is used to.   You look at the clips of his goals on Youtube and they are nearly all where he has plenty of time and space to finish with ease.   Now admittedly we do not always play to his strengths and the crosses are often not early or accurate enough, but if we can improve the supply to him he will score.   

The reason Becchio doesn''t start is because RVW is a better striker and needs to play to get his sharpness and confidence.   Once we get him scoring, we have a seriously good looking team.   A combination of  either/and/or Hooper and RVW should be good enough to supply the goals. 

RVW  will keep the fans onside because he is a wholehearted player, gives everything and doesn''t hide.   I just hope he can score a goal to get him up and running, because it will make a huge difference to everyone - and it will help us stay up too.

[/quote]Strange then that doesn''t seem to apply if your name''s Snodgrass or Elmander. Abuse doesn''t really achieve anything but it''s understandable given the wretched season we''re having. No doubt a saintly few on here would disagree.Keep saying if we do this, if we do that until the cows come home but just how long do we need for it to happen ? I know you are the supreme optimist LDC but you must surely now concede that whatever Division we find ourselves in next August Chris Hughton will by then have left Carrow Rd.I''ve long since given up on our manager and his methods but stupidly perhaps I think we''ll stay up. We don''t deserve to but the truth is although we are c*ap there''s probably three teams out there who are even more useless than us.

Ricky doesnt get flack because he cost £8.5 million...so the fans live with the expectation that he''s going to come good.

if we had signed him on a free the Ptich fork and Burning torch mob would have been out ages ago...

I think you''re right Jas. Why else would someone like Snoddy get dogs'' abuse?