Sign in to follow this  
RuelFox

SACK HIM NOW

WHAT ARE THE BOARD WAITING FOR? ARE THEY WAITING UNTIL WE ARE OFICIALLY IN THE DROP ZONE? ARE THEY WAITING FOR THE PENULTIMATE GAME AGAISNT CHELSEA AWAY, WE GO INTO BOTTOM THREE AFTER LOSING AND THEN THEY MAKE A SWITCH THEN?

WE COULDNT BEAT 10 MAN STOKE? TACTICS ARE POOR AND BASSONG SHOULD HAVE BEEN DROPPED AND HE COST US YET AGAIN! OH DEAR, OH DEAR.

MORE THIS GOES ON, THE MORE I BELIEVE THE CONSPIRACY THEORY THAT WE HAVE TO PAY MORE COMPENSATION IF THEY ARE NOT IN THE BOTTOM 3

Sadly the time has come Mr Ruel where you''re probaly right about this but please stop shouting.[:|]

Even the dimmest of the dim can see that he won''t be sacked until the season is over and maybe not even then.

[quote user="ricardo"]Even the dimmest of the dim can see that he won''t be sacked until the season is over and maybe not even then.
[/quote]

If indeed that is the case Mr Ricardo and we''ve already been relegated, prepare for a swift return to League 1.

[quote user="ricardo"]Even the dimmest of the dim can see that he won''t be sacked until the season is over and maybe not even then.[/quote][Y]

Yes, fully agree with that Wiz/Jimbo. Hughton has no proven record in the Championship either.

I find it incomprehensible why intelligent people like Ricardo think that Hughton would still be our manager, even if we are plying our trade in the Championship next August.Whilst I (unfortunately) think there is a pretty good chance that the board would not wield the axe if we stay up, even by goal difference on the last day of the season , the idea that he''d be rewarded for failure and relegation is so laughable, it beggars belief.

I am not knocking the thread but I can''t see the point of speculating until the summer. I would be gobsmacked if CH doesn''t remain until at least the close season.

Then the quality of available managers should be clearer according to which league we are in.

I fear that little will change if he is replaced. It is too late to appoint a newcomer with sufficient winnable games to make a difference.

We are saddled.

The board will sack Hoots when they believe he is no longer right for our beloved club. They will only sack Hoots with a replacement lined up that replacement has to be a step up so not Mackey or anybody of his ilk.

Every manager is a handful of games from the sack. While we are above the drop one hoots is safe and rightly so. I am confident we will stay up. I also believe that Hoots will be given another year to show what can be achieved by holding your nerve and backing. Manager long enough to have a real go at setting his stall out.

Hoots will get another year. most of the noise on here is from people who were calling for him to go end of last season. These people are daft as we finished 11th.

OTBC

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I find it incomprehensible why intelligent people like Ricardo think that Hughton would still be our manager, even if we are plying our trade in the Championship next August.Whilst I (unfortunately) think there is a pretty good chance that the board would not wield the axe if we stay up, even by goal difference on the last day of the season , the idea that he''d be rewarded for failure and relegation is so laughable, it beggars belief.[/quote]Thanks for the backhanded compliment Reg.You''ve been telling us for months that he was going to be sacked Monday morning Reg. I took a lot of stick in the early part of the season when I said he would still be here at Xmas. Who was right and who was wrong? And it''s been the same constant refrain every other week since then, when I said he was likely to see the season out. Who was right and who was wrong?Depending upon how the rest of the season pans out I would say that there is no absolute guarantee that he will be getting his cards in May.This is how I see it now:-1. Our results improve and we stay up comfortably..........................He will be here in August. 2/12. We do enough in the easier games to just stay up.........................He will see the season out but the Board  may decide his time is up. 4/63. We fall apart in the next few games..............................................The Board sack him before the season ends. 3/1IMO The second scenario is the most likely to be correct. But then I can''t see the future so it''s only an educated guess.My educated guesses have been spot on so far, Reg[;)]

I think number 2 is looking most likely, hopefully the "may" becomes a lot firmer than that if we just scrape survival, which I think we will.

[quote user="I.S."]Yes, fully agree with that Wiz/Jimbo. Hughton has no proven record in the Championship either.[/quote]Other than winning the Championship with Newcastle with a an all time record 102 points in 2009/10

I would be very surprised if Chris Hughton is manager at the start of next season. If we stay up, it will be a very close run thing and with a decent squad of players and the money spent, I can''t see the board backing him to spend any more money. Personally I think he should have gone at Christmas but it''s too late now.

[quote user="Fer Kin Hell"]I would be very surprised if Chris Hughton is manager at the start of next season. If we stay up, it will be a very close run thing and with a decent squad of players and the money spent, I can''t see the board backing him to spend any more money. Personally I think he should have gone at Christmas but it''s too late now.[/quote]

I would be very surprised if Hughton is not manager at the start of next season, if we stay up.  Two years of keeping us in this division after rebuilding a squad to cope with the demands of a tension filled league, where eleven clubs could still be involved in a relegation fight near the end of the season.  His  success, would imo entitle him to be able to upgrade the squad still further next season, with the proviso that we get the balance right more often, get more momentum and consistency in our play and of course score more goals.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Fer Kin Hell"]I would be very surprised if Chris Hughton is manager at the start of next season. If we stay up, it will be a very close run thing and with a decent squad of players and the money spent, I can''t see the board backing him to spend any more money. Personally I think he should have gone at Christmas but it''s too late now.[/quote]

I would be very surprised if Hughton is not manager at the start of next season, if we stay up.  Two years of keeping us in this division after rebuilding a squad to cope with the demands of a tension filled league, where eleven clubs could still be involved in a relegation fight near the end of the season.  His  success, would imo entitle him to be able to upgrade the squad still further next season, with the proviso that we get the balance right more often, get more momentum and consistency in our play and of course score more goals.  

[/quote]

I don''t usually get involved Lake, but I''m too curious to ignore this one. Which squad did CH have to "rebuild" ? The one that stayed up comfortably under Lambert?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Fer Kin Hell"]I would be very surprised if Chris Hughton is manager at the start of next season. If we stay up, it will be a very close run thing and with a decent squad of players and the money spent, I can''t see the board backing him to spend any more money. Personally I think he should have gone at Christmas but it''s too late now.[/quote]

[/quote]

Sadly for the match going fans amongst us I have to agree.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Fer Kin Hell"]I would be very surprised if Chris Hughton is manager at the start of next season. If we stay up, it will be a very close run thing and with a decent squad of players and the money spent, I can''t see the board backing him to spend any more money. Personally I think he should have gone at Christmas but it''s too late now.[/quote]

I would be very surprised if Hughton is not manager at the start of next season, if we stay up.  Two years of keeping us in this division after rebuilding a squad to cope with the demands of a tension filled league, where eleven clubs could still be involved in a relegation fight near the end of the season.  His  success, would imo entitle him to be able to upgrade the squad still further next season, with the proviso that we get the balance right more often, get more momentum and consistency in our play and of course score more goals.   [/quote]

I don''t usually get involved Lake, but I''m too curious to ignore this one. Which squad did CH have to "rebuild" ? The one that stayed up comfortably under Lambert? [/quote]

Lambert left us with a squad of championship over achievers who managed to stay up on the strength and belief of the two previous seasons work.   It was always going to be a case of "where do we go from here" at the end of Lambert''s reign.   Even if he had stayed there would have to have been changes.  That''s all my opinion, for what it''s worth.   The thing that was very noticeable when Hughton was chosen  was that this was to be a different kind of manager who was going to do things in a different way - so you could say that it was the board''s decision that the squad would have to be rebuilt.

I''ll have a tenner on it with you Lakey if you fancy it? If we stay up and he''s Manager on August 1st you win...if not I win. What do you say?

Is he really doing a good job if we finish 17th with 36 points (or something like this)? The statement about keeping us out of the bottom 3 is the minimum standard required - but clubs will also set points targets - by the way, I have worked in the Premier League and do know this (not telling you what I do but I work in sport). Would the board consider something like 36 points a reasonable return on investment...I would say not.

[quote user="Fer Kin Hell"]I''ll have a tenner on it with you Lakey if you fancy it? If we stay up and he''s Manager on August 1st you win...if not I win. What do you say?

Is he really doing a good job if we finish 17th with 36 points (or something like this)? The statement about keeping us out of the bottom 3 is the minimum standard required - but clubs will also set points targets - by the way, I have worked in the Premier League and do know this (not telling you what I do but I work in sport). Would the board consider something like 36 points a reasonable return on investment...I would say not.[/quote]

No bet, thanks.  I think the only requirement this season is to get as many points as possible.   If that is enough to keep us up, the total points figure at the end of the season is not important.