Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Hughtons time in charge of an allotment

Now we all know that he produced some lovely crops but did he really contribute to the successful harvest?OK, so he planted some seeds but with the good soil and beneficial weather conditions it would be easy to say that anyone could have managed that plot of land so I will, "anyone could have managed that plot of land".I sure there are many other examples of how this charlatan has managed to claim success after someone else has done all the hard work, we need the truth people.

It is true that the previous allotment holder planted seeds which made the allotment pretty to look at, but the flowers were flagging by the end of his third year.

He claimed that the Clerk to the council wouldn''t let him have any manure to bolster his crops, so he went off in a huff and rented an allotment elsewhere.

Some say that his new allotment isn''t doing that well, and he''s been seen sneaking around at night trying to dig up some of his old plants to take back to his allotment.

The allotment under Mr Hughton''s management wasn''t anywhere near as pretty, but a late flourish meant that it had its'' best yield for years.

Despite putting a lot of manure on the plot last summer the allotment is no prettier, and is threatening to yield less than for some time

Some are blaming all the rain we''ve had this year, while others say that is planting scheme is wrong, and that he''s bought the wrong seeds.

Yet others say that he needs to learn about Companion planting, such as carrots between rows of onions. The people looking over the fence are divided as to whether two up front is the way forward.

We are about to enter what some call "The Hunger Gap", which is at its'' worst at the end of April and early May ; this is a time when there is little to harvest from the allotment. let us hope that Mr Hughton has enough yield before then to see him through this "Gap".

If Mr Hughton goes hungry then the Clerk to the Council may be having a word with him.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]Now we all know that he produced some lovely crops but did he really contribute to the successful harvest?OK, so he planted some seeds but with the good soil and beneficial weather conditions it would be easy to say that anyone could have managed that plot of land so I will, "anyone could have managed that plot of land".I sure there are many other examples of how this charlatan has managed to claim success after someone else has done all the hard work, we need the truth people.

[/quote]Rumour has it that the forwards have been nibbling on the odd slice of mangel wurzel - (also known as the ''scarcity root''.) - in the final third. Can anyone confirm?

Very good THB but me and my mates have been keeping a close watch on what he''s up to on that Carra Rud allotment and we all agree we''ve seen loads of s**t, sorry manure, a new load most times we go.

Fortunately for the garden and the gardener, Spring is in the air and the plants that have been dormant are about to come back to life in the form of  flowers -  especially the Hooperscorium and the Wolfbangeminmyson......