Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider Junior

Jonson är onyttig

So far i think Jonson är onyttig (the swedish for: Jonson is useless!!)

We were told that he was this fantastic winger, but what have we got for our money?

Answer............. Not much at all. 

All he does is run around like a headless swedish chicken, he has shown not one ounce of skill.

He is hard working, but that should be a basic requirement of all players.  Hard work with no skill is a total waste of time and money.

In the Charlton match he looked more like a defender, and that is NOT why we bought him.

If Hucks is injured / ill again and we need someone on the left midfield bring back Paul McVeigh.

On the Ball City

to be fair though, he''s a striker, and has not been played up front once by worthington. not that i''m complaining

My biggest disappointment is that he has not displayed this fantastic pace that we were told about by Worthy. There were a couple of occasions yesterday where he was one on one with the full back and he didn''t even look like he was prepared to take him on. He is useful as a midfielder because of his heading abilty and his work rate, but we''ll need a natural left footer out there next season (Gary McSheffrey at Coventry looks useful, or Commons at Forest). 

[quote]to be fair though, he''s a striker, and has not been played up front once by worthington. not that i''m complaining[/quote]

he is a striker, he played as a sorta target man for brondby. he was their lone striker in quite a few games

Didn''t Worthy say after the match that Svenson is more of a left winger?

If so, how about using Svenson to replace Hucks, and Jonson to replace McKenzie...

Doesn''t make sense.

To be honest i feel his season has been a bit stop start what with injuries and a suspension.

The one thing we forget about is foreign players do need a settling in period,its not like us moving from office to office.They are having to deal with a brand new culture,a new style of football and 9/10 living in a hotel for a few months!

Do we all remember the time Steeno needed at first to settle in? He became a legend.Helveg now looks settled so hopefully Jonno is the next one. Unfortunately we aint been in a position where we can give him games to adjust due to our dog fight but i believe he will come good.

We have seen glimpses of his potential.Portsmouth away he was awesome albeit at RB,Tottenham at home before he came off he was giving Edman the runaround! I feel he is a right confidence player (as all players are) and is just suffering from a mental block,a fear of making a mistake and playing in a comfort frame of mind-not taking risks.

Didnt he win the player of the month for december??

Also yesterday i was pleased with the way he worked hs socks off and supported Drury and didnt leave him exposed against there dangerman and arguably one of the quickest players around-Rommedahl! Would Hucks of left us exposed to his danger??

Stick with him,i guarantee he will be better after one of our pre-seasons!

OTBC

CUSDP

Jonson has never really been better than average all season. He just can''t take people on and will undoubtably lose his place in the side to Huckerby next weekend

The only time I have seen Jonson make any sort of impact on a game was away at Portsmouth, when he deputised for the dismissed Edworthy at right back.  That day he was absolutely superb, nothing got past him.

Generally, he has been disappointing, trotting about the pitch with little interest, and when on the ball he seems to sufer from a lack of ideas or any creativity.

Great at defending, poor at attacking which is why I''ve nicknamed him Nosebleed. Must be one of the few players to get player of the month purely for getting a couple of knocks to the head over the xmas period

[quote]Jonson has never really been better than average all season. He just can''t take people on and will undoubtably lose his place in the side to Huckerby next weekend[/quote]

BedsCanary, i think that goes without saying.

Jonson actually played at left back Portsmouth away...right in front of me in the driving rain and he was awesome! He was probably better than the regular defenders that day.

However, I would have expected more from him on the wing. No goals?

If you look at other wingers, most have a few goals by now!

"Jonson... the new Mark Rivers!"

Not at all fair. Rivers'' problem was that he couldn''t give a stuff most of the time, whereas Jonson is obviously trying his hardest. I just think he''s never really settled in the side, and now time''s running out. I remember in one of his early games he had a good shot on target, and MacKenzie got in the way. If only that had gone in, things might be very different for him now.

He doesn''t deserve to be called useless either. He''s tried to fit in as right midfielder, a left midfielder, and a right back, and as far as I recall never committed a howler like a lot of the other players.

marmite...i''m with you:

Jonson = Rivers.

Flatters to deceive.

Sorry ... I was pulling for him but he''s just flat-out failed.