Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

The biggest mistake of the last year?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Did someone say poyet ;)[/quote]Do you think he will keep Sunderland up then?

Without doubt. They had 1 point when he took over and were about 8 points adrift.

Now 1 point with 3 games in hand.

Thing he''s done a fantastic job and is just what Sunderland needed after pdc.

He gives players loads of belief and let''s them play without fear of making a mistake.

A lad I work with who supports them, loves him and is so confident they''ll stay up that he said he''d get a toon tattoo if they didn''t haha

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Without doubt. They had 1 point when he took over and were about 8 points adrift.

Now 1 point with 3 games in hand.

Thing he''s done a fantastic job and is just what Sunderland needed after pdc.

He gives players loads of belief and let''s them play without fear of making a mistake.

A lad I work with who supports them, loves him and is so confident they''ll stay up that he said he''d get a toon tattoo if they didn''t haha[/quote]I don''t think he''ll keep them up myself.Games in hand mean nothing unless you win them.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Too true mate.

Apparently there is such a strong sense of belief that they will. He seems to have united everyone.

I really like Gus. Liked him as a player and a manager.[/quote]

I like him myself but:Over the last 6 home matches, only Hull and Fulham have worst form than Sunderland.They have done well in their last 6 away matches BUT have a look at their remaining  5 away games to be played: Chelsea, Man U, Tottenham, Liverpool and, not least, US.

Biggest mistake was not getting a new manager in at the end of last season, the last few freek results of 12/13 could ironically lead to our relgation in 13/14.

quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"Biggest mistake;  was the failure to buy a creative alternative to wes,   Quag & Toivenen identified but not signed.  

Agree 100% with this but both those players didn''t want to sign. I think Hughton even went to Italy to personally persuade Quag to come here but it wasn''t to be and we ended up with Elmander instead.