Sign in to follow this  
unique

Hughton's time in charge of Newcastle

Samwam27 wrote the following post at 10/03/2014 8:15 PM:

Brienne wrote:

Chip20 wrote the following post at 10/03/2014 7:39 PM: According to some on here, Hughton saps the confidence out of his teams and turns any free-scoring striker into a useless wilting violet with his negative tactics and clueless substitutions. I''m just left wondering why that didn''t happen in his time with Newcastle... ...or Birmingham. Name me a single Norwich striker that has done well under Hughton ?

Steve Morrison, who was let go

Good old Morro, just the one goal in 19 games under CH, thats one more than his replacement of course, still to hit the net in over a year. Interesingly of course he had accumulated 19 goals in the first half of the 12/13 season, but no more for the poor chap after arriving at Norwich!

Unique: "The question that is splitting Norwich fans, and believe me, from the many I speak to, there are far fewer for him than against him, is whether Hughton is a good manager and should remain at Carrow Road."

You must speak to thousands and thousands of fans then to come to that conclusion. Tbh i don''t think you''ve stated anything truthful, the way you can dismiss his achievements is unfair. Everyone has an opinion on this forum, me included, most you cannot say who is wrong or right, but in this case you don''t really have a valid argument to make imo

Oh dear, muggins, I''ve in no way suggested that I''ve spoken to thousands of fans.

You really shouldn''t twist things, nor jump to conclusions just to serve your own agenda.

[quote user="unique"]Oh dear, muggins, I''ve in no way suggested that I''ve spoken to thousands of fans.

You really shouldn''t twist things, nor jump to conclusions just to serve your own agenda.[/quote]Well you said you have spoken to "many"Give us a figure, so as to illustrate how accurate and relevant this majority, you talk of, is.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 10/03/2014 11:16 PM:

Morison''s scored 5 goals in 20 appearances....we not that desperate.

Subject

The question was, "name one striker that has done well under Hughton" Mrs Miggins.

How many goals did Morrison score under Hughton''s management, I would be surprised if it was 5.

To suggest Hughton was just "in the right place at the right time" implies you know very little about football.

How do you explain that there have been numerous strong squads that have been relegated from the Championship and have not been able to bounce back at the first attempt?

[quote user="Brienne"]mrs miggins wrote the following post at 10/03/2014 11:16 PM:

Morison''s scored 5 goals in 20 appearances....we not that desperate.

Subject

The question was, "name one striker that has done well under Hughton" Mrs Miggins.

How many goals did Morrison score under Hughton''s management, I would be surprised if it was 5.[/quote]

Morison has had a couple of injuries and has featured in the elmander role.......on the wing.

He was never Alan shearer but we played to his strengths when he was here and got balls into the box.

Something we don''t do now.....

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="unique"]Squeal as much as you like but Hughton didn''t build a Championship winning side. He took over from the worst manager in PL history and inherited the strongest squad of players ever to have been relegated from the PL over the last decade.

QPR''s squad of players bear no comparison.[/quote]

Running down someone''s achievement - which is what you are doing - is pointless.   You can twist it any way you want it but Hughton led a team to the Championship title. It is on his CV, he did it.   Get over it.  

What he did last year was lead a team to 11th. in the premiership.   He did it. It''s on his CV.  Get used to it.

What he is doing this year is leading a team to try and stay in this division. He is four points clear of 18th and has an unbeaten run of five games at home.  He''s doing it.   Get used to it. 

[/quote]You are a patronising wotsit who cant get over the fact that people have genuine concerns that a) we''re going down and b) that Hughton isnt the right man for us.Get used to it.

"How do you explain that there have been numerous strong squads that have been relegated from the Championship and have not been able to bounce back at the first attempt?"

....and your post proves you are a prize pillo*k....

It has nothing to do with teams being relegated from the Championship.

With your extensive football knowledge, I won''t ask you to list the "numerous strong squads" that have been relegated from the Premiership this past decade, supposedly stronger than the Newcastle one in 2009.

List just one.

As a Newcastle fan I can tell you this. Hughton took our club from our lowest point in 15-20 years and in an extremely quick time transformed it.

Yous might remember when Leyton Orient beat our full team 6-1 during that pre season, that showed just how low we were. We had some good players in the championship yes, what you seem to be forgetting is that many of them had just had the worst season of their careers and quite a few of them such as Andy Carroll were nothing players then(another thing Hughton can be given massive credit for is his rise to a £35m player!) The only significant players we added that season were loan signings and small fee signings, we lost players like Viduka, Owen, Martins, Duff, Bassong etc.

Right, so he won that league at a canter and broke records along the way including an unbeaten home record. He made the club solid again and created a feel good factor around it despite having little support from one of the scummiest owners in football.

He took us back into the Premiership and we were doing fine and had made some good signings along the way. We beat Sunderland 5-1, Villa 6-0 and Arsenal away in that short space of time and then he was sacked for no good reason. We had a few poor results but that was to be expected having just come back up.

The football we played was good, he set-up the team in the correct way for the players he had and it varied from being excellent at times to average other times. Personally I thought he was an excellent fit for the club and if the circumstances had been different could have been a huge success although I know there are other fans who would disagree with that which is fair enough.

[quote user="Jonás Gutiérrez"]As a Newcastle fan I can tell you this. Hughton took our club from our lowest point in 15-20 years and in an extremely quick time transformed it.

Yous might remember when Leyton Orient beat our full team 6-1 during that pre season, that showed just how low we were. We had some good players in the championship yes, what you seem to be forgetting is that many of them had just had the worst season of their careers and quite a few of them such as Andy Carroll were nothing players then(another thing Hughton can be given massive credit for is his rise to a £35m player!) The only significant players we added that season were loan signings and small fee signings, we lost players like Viduka, Owen, Martins, Duff, Bassong etc.

Right, so he won that league at a canter and broke records along the way including an unbeaten home record. He made the club solid again and created a feel good factor around it despite having little support from one of the scummiest owners in football.

He took us back into the Premiership and we were doing fine and had made some good signings along the way. We beat Sunderland 5-1, Villa 6-0 and Arsenal away in that short space of time and then he was sacked for no good reason. We had a few poor results but that was to be expected having just come back up.

The football we played was good, he set-up the team in the correct way for the players he had and it varied from being excellent at times to average other times. Personally I thought he was an excellent fit for the club and if the circumstances had been different could have been a huge success although I know there are other fans who would disagree with that which is fair enough.[/quote]Cheers for that[Y]

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="unique"]Squeal as much as you like but Hughton didn''t build a Championship winning side. He took over from the worst manager in PL history and inherited the strongest squad of players ever to have been relegated from the PL over the last decade.

QPR''s squad of players bear no comparison.[/quote]Running down someone''s achievement - which is what you are doing - is pointless.   You can twist it any way you want it but Hughton led a team to the Championship title. It is on his CV, he did it.   Get over it.   What he did last year was lead a team to 11th. in the premiership.   He did it. It''s on his CV.  Get used to it. What he is doing this year is leading a team to try and stay in this division. He is four points clear of 18th and has an unbeaten run of five games at home.  He''s doing it.   Get used to it.  [/quote]You are a patronising wotsit who cant get over the fact that people have genuine concerns that a) we''re going down and b) that Hughton isnt the right man for us.Get used to it. [/quote]

I am a patronising wotsit who gets annoyed at people who try and run down another person''s achievement just for the sake of trying to make them look bad.  

Also,I have genuine concerns too, but I''m not sad enough to believe we are going down.  I think it could go either way, as it happens, but I am optimistic enough to think that if we play as we have been and keep creating chances we will score enough goals and get enough points to stay up.

Finally, Hughton "not the right man for the club" is I am afraid a ridiculous statement.   The Spurs match was a brilliant game.  We played well against Man City and got points off Hull, Newcastle and Stoke.   If we can get the strikers scoring and add some more players in there for next season, things will improve no end and people will be embarrassed to have thought "he''s not the right man".  

People will look on the bleak side sometimes, I know, but it is rarely as bad as people think.  Things are not as good as we would all like, but then they never are.   If we finish tenth, people will say we could have finished higher.  If we finish 18th.....well then we have to deal with that too.  But if you look at the way the team has performed recently, it is far from doom and gloom, we just need to put those chances away when they come along.

Oh I do apologise, I put "from the" instead of "to the". Look at QPR''s squad last season and this season to name just one recent. How are they doing this season?

Anyway, you''ve heard from a Newcastle fan who points out they broke records and scored goals for fun that season. If you think that any manager could have achieved that, and it was basically nothing to do with Hughton, then I think there''s only one prize pillo*k on this board.

[quote user="Jonás Gutiérrez"]As a Newcastle fan I can tell you this. Hughton took our club from our lowest point in 15-20 years and in an extremely quick time transformed it.

The football we played was good, he set-up the team in the correct way for the players he had and it varied from being excellent at times to average other times. Personally I thought he was an excellent fit for the club and if the circumstances had been different could have been a huge success although I know there are other fans who would disagree with that which is fair enough.[/quote]

Good stuff, cheers for that.

[quote user="unique"]

QPR''s squad of players bear no comparison.[/quote]

I don''t know about that for a start they have a couple of players from that Newcastle Squad Barton & Simpson! Then they have Jenas, Wright-Phillips, Askou-Ekotto, Hoilet, Morrison, Dunne, Green, Zamora, Johnson, Krancjar etc...