Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Hughton gone in the summer

Word from Conley is that Hughton will be gone in the summer whatever happens at the end of the season. And he knows this

Is this from the horse''s mouth? You know the one that runs around in the field next to Colney? Mr Ed i think his name is?

Sounds more like colon to me! However the incentive for hoots would be quite simply he''s prob on a bonus and relegation doesn''t look good on your cv..

Although we''ve all heard this and most people have ''sources'' including myself, you never really know whats going to happen. If we start playing badly on a regular basis, just like any manager, it won''t look good.

[quote user="The Hat"]Word from Colney is that Hughton will be gone in the summer whatever happens at the end of the season. And he knows this[/quote]

he will need to put in the effort to keep us up, as he will be seeking new employment.

Its all b*ll*x.   "Word is" that in these situations, Hughton''s position depends on results.  If we stay up, he will likely stay on. If we go down, his tenure is in question.   Simples.

Who knows if there''s any word from anywhere. It''s all going to be speculation. But what isn''t speculation is the fact that the players are on divisional pay. So if they want to carry on living in the style they''re accustomed to they will have to win enough points to survive. And that won''t change whoever''s manager this season or next.

i don''t think its that simple and i don''t think we should accept that ldc. If we start playing poorly in every game, where the players are not playing for the manager, but manage to sneak a win (a bit like cardiff against us) and draw every now and then, staying up only on goal difference, but importantly, looking like we gave up with 8 games to go, we should look for a new manager as he wouldn''t be getting anything out the squad thats available. Although it''s a results driven business and we are doing fine, for me its about how we can progress as a club, (looking at the likes of everton) and if hughton is good for our club in the long term. For me, there''s nothing to suggest that he isn''t, i would question some of his subs, but he''s doing ok and am excited for next season as well as our run in.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]i don''t think its that simple and i don''t think we should accept that ldc. If we start playing poorly in every game, where the players are not playing for the manager, but manage to sneak a win (a bit like cardiff against us) and draw every now and then, staying up only on goal difference, but importantly, looking like we gave up with 8 games to go, we should look for a new manager as he wouldn''t be getting anything out the squad thats available. Although it''s a results driven business and we are doing fine, for me its about how we can progress as a club, (looking at the likes of everton) and if hughton is good for our club in the long term. For me, there''s nothing to suggest that he isn''t, i would question some of his subs, but he''s doing ok and am excited for next season as well as our run in.[/quote]

If we stay up - and I sincerely hope we do - everyone will breath a sigh of relief, from board members, manager, players, fans down even to Le Juge...  That said, there will be board meetings where the future will be discussed, the financial implications of keeping or parting with Hughton, assessment of performance of the playing staff and management and the potential for improvement next season.  There will be discussions on possible alternative managers and prospects if we keep the same manager. But if, as I expect, they decide to give Hughton the third year to further develop the team, it will be on condition that we perform consistently better and score more goals.   Two seasons of development where we do enough to stay in the division will be seen as success, but a third season will be one where success will be measured in improvement in all areas. 

I agree with you there LDC, his third year is where he''ll be expected to rise to the challenge, I''m very hopeful he will instead of doing whats expected of him

How does Hughton know it ? I very much doubt if one of the board has told him and why would anyone decide that he should go ? We may end the season on a roll and finish 8th or higher would anyone sack him then ?

Who really expects Hughton to be here next season? If he were to remain the atmosphere at the club with the number of people with no faith in Hughton would make it impossible to manage the club. A couple of poor results will put the pressure on. He knows he will be gone.

Why stay then because he will get a big bonus, a big pay off unless we are relegated if the rumours are to be believed, personal pride and the chance to get another job. Relegation will not enhance job prospects. Also needs to look after his cohorts.

[quote user="pete_norw"]Not heard anything from my horses yet,[/quote]

Aren''t they all neigh sayers?

I''d be staggered if he was here 1st July.

IF he has had a convo with McNally, it could be something like (a) relegation -you''re fired, not good for CV (b) stay up- "mutual" separation in both parties best interests and much love etc, looks much better.

But I would imagine there has been speculation for months, it would be odd if there hadn''t been discussion of this between all and sundry. Where I work if one of the big cheeses did something bad or wasn''t perceived to be performing then speculation over their future would be rife.

Sorry, OP, I don''t believe your premise. Sadly, I think Hoots will still be here if he keeps us up; so I expect more of the same next season, winning games one nil occasionally. If we go down he might get his P45.