Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

Funniest moment at carrow road.

For me has to be when we played Coventry in the 80''s and Brian Kilcline was hit in the head by a thunder bolt shot , and was staggering all over the placed looked like he had drunk 10 pints of larger he had no idea where he was absolutely hilarious.

The binners being 2-1 down and then getting a last minute penalty in 1995 at the Barclay End and the ref changing his mind. Tops the lot for me.

Billy Sharp scoring for Sheff U, giving it the big un to the Barclay, then celebrating in front of the Sheffield fans, and all the time the lino had his flag up. 

The Kevin Lynch penalty that wasn''t penalty against the Binners was indeed a work of inspired comedy genius.

Another that sticks in my mind was that striking juggernaut Adrian Coote. A home game against Charlton and forgetting the teams change ends at half time, a Peach of a header from a corner but alas for poor Adrian - he of the forgotten passport - it was through his own net.

He''d even just started to celebrate!

The fat lads hurling their season tickets at Bryan Gunn, reckon it was better for the fat one falling over and giving the world and his wife a glimpse of yokel ar$e crack.

Two stick out. One is Kevin Keelan left-hooking a Northampton Town forward and walking off as the referee rushed over to send him off. But I think seasoned professional footballer Gary Doherty quite seriously appealing for offside when an opposition player received the ball straight from a throw in trumps that.

Does anyone else remember the excitable larger gentleman in the away section (when we were playing Southampton i think) who drew the attentions of the law and was ejected much to the delight and jeers of the Barclay, only to appear 5 minutes later leaning, smiling and waving out the window of one of the hotel room that he''d evidently just booked. How his fellow fans celebrated; how we all chuckled.

I can remember last season when we beat Man Utd at home and Evra had a header go wide late on, and chased the ball and just as he went to pick it up, one of the Paramedics walking past kicked it away [:D] Its not at Carrow Road but this one made me laugh - 1:30 into the video. Swansea supporters cheered thinking the ball had gone out, 3 seconds later we scored LOLhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTk5ro3GKC4

Some may say that it was the Stoke fans , on Saturday, at ''Duncan''s Day'',singing "We forgot you were here", others may just put it down to a faux pas, not appreciating the situation.

Drayton British Legion Band regular entertainers at Carrow Rd Playing whilst marching towards the Barclay Stand when a sudden gust of wind blew all their music sheets away

A.guest mace bearer who came with the band had too much alcohol in his system, threw up the one mace in the air and saw two coming down, to the delight of the crowd went for the wrong one and the mace hit the ground. Gave it a swing forwards then backwards also be heading the front row trombone player and dislodging his cap. Nothing like live entertainment..

When I was 16 I went to a game with a couple of mates and two of us were smoking during a minutes silence and we heard mutterings behind how dreadful and disrespectful that was but there were a couple of younger kids (10-12 yr olds) behind eating hotdogs during the silence and nothing was said to them!

I forget the date, but must of been late 70''s. Anyway it was the era when at the end of nearly every home game, some away fans would find them selves going against the flow of the home fans, and would get cut off and out numbered. One or two would get the proverbial ''kicking'' (normal service during this era). At this match it happened to some Leicester fans. I think flared jeans were still being worn at this time. Anyway, they legged it as was sensible, and in their panic got cornered before the station on the riverside. A couple of guys jumped over the iron railings to get away to safety in the station yard. Both succeeded, except to my astonishment one poor sod got his jeans caught on the top of the railings. My last sight of him was of him running away with his bare legs covered only with a minimal strip of jean material hanging from his waist. The rest was left on the railing. He did not look back I can tell you. I sometimes wonder about his return home. Different era.

Thanks to the rock for that swansea clip. I miss watching that kind of football. I think the funniest moment I saw was when Drury slid in and ended up losing his shorts, and showing bare a$$. They showed it on soccersaturday again, and I thought it was pretty funny.

There was the time at Carrow Road when the ref was injured and as he was stretchered off the crowd sang "you''re not fit to referee"

Tee one I remember and is on youtube i think, is when Jackson scored the winner against Derby ran over to the snake pit and the bloke lept from the crowd and landed on the advertising board and went base over apex.