Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

Your worst ever player for Norwich??

Whilst certianly not the worst ever.........I really thought Etuhu was pants when he played for us, couldnt believe it was the same player when I watched Fulham a few times.

[quote user="SooperHooper"]Papa Diop was quality ![/quote]No he wasn''t . He was rubbish. There was another Swedish guy on loan around that period called Ulf Ottosson. When he first arrive he has flowing blond locks. He was poor then. Suddenly he cut all his hair off and was even more dismal thereafter.Further back there was a bloke called Paul Clayton, who did absolutely nothing whenever he was on the pitch. I remember one time when he went a whole half and touched the ball once

if its the player I am thinking of clayton had a similar running style to Howson, looked superb!

so many worse players in our time, Tudur Jones, koroma, pattison and the legendary coney

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]if its the player I am thinking of clayton had a similar running style to Howson, looked superb!

so many worse players in our time, Tudur Jones, koroma, pattison and the legendary coney[/quote]Honestly cannot remember his running style ZLF. I guess we are talking 25 yrs ago. But ''superb'' he was not......!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Said it before, Carl Robinson...

we were the only club (and he had many) to pay a fee for him....

utter shyte from the day he arrived until the day he left... a midfield of Croft, Robinson, Fattison and Hughes.....

jesus.[/quote]

Don''t forget Fotheringham from that midfield as well, plus Brellier for a while. No wonder we were in free fall then.

Looking back just a few posts it''s good to recall just how much dross we have had and that RVW shouldn''t even be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Andy ''The Clap'' Hughes and I see a reference to Paul Clayton, now he weren''t no good at all.

Miss Sue Ellen was another joyous presence or as some knew him Chris Llewelyn, utter garbage.

Disliked Fotheringham with gusto and yes, Carl Robinson was bloody awful as well.

There is though only one Daryl and if your feeling as though RVW is indeed not much good just close your eyes and cast your mind back to The Millennium Stadium.

We were winning 1-0 and on he came The Jonah, lumbering on with his agricultural gait, the joy that was Sutch, 1-1 and then, oh yes and then came the penalties.

"Up steps Mr Norwich City"

No, up went Birmingham City, hapless berk, god I hated that oaf!!

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Apparently Brellier now playing as an amateur for AC Seyssinet in the French 7th tier![/quote]In fairness, Julien is probably past his best now.....As we are going down the Gallic route, special mention must be made of M;Brellier''s compatriot, one Marc Libbra. He scored a wonder goal v Man Citeh, and then........well not a lot to be honest. Not rubbish in the Clayton mould, but probably the biggest disappointer/flatterer to deceive ever to pull on the yellow shirt ?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]if its the player I am thinking of clayton had a similar running style to Howson, looked superb!

so many worse players in our time, Tudur Jones, koroma, pattison and the legendary coney[/quote]

''Clanger'' Clayton was part of Dave Stringer''s FA Youth Cup winning side of 1983. He played alongside Jon Rigby. Neither of them really set the world alight afterwards. Clanger did play 51 games for Crewe for whom he scored 12 goals. Crewe is where his son Max is now. Max is following his fathers footsteps playing up front for Crewe for whom he''s played 74 times scoring 9 goals including one in last season''s JPT final. He''s also played for England at various levels up to U19. I think Clanger''s other son plays to a good standard non-league.

[quote user="alartz"]I''ve seen some real cart horses play for Norwich. To name a few, Trevor Benjamin, jan molby, Adrain coote, Dave strihavka

Etc.

my worst ever player for me used to be Darren beckford

But today, it''s completely changed to RvW.

This bloke has 0 ability to play football and at 8.5 million I have no idea where that figure come from[/quote]I guesss his game didnt look as good on the radio

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="alartz"]I''ve seen some real cart horses play for Norwich. To name a few, Trevor Benjamin, jan molby, Adrain coote, Dave strihavka

Etc.

my worst ever player for me used to be Darren beckford

But today, it''s completely changed to RvW.

This bloke has 0 ability to play football and at 8.5 million I have no idea where that figure come from[/quote]I guesss his game didnt look as good on the radio [/quote]Well, all I can say is I know how some folk on here have a fetish about cold hard statistics. and the inescapable fact is that, currently, RvW has scored no more Norwich City goals than did the hapless Mr Strihavka........

Just read through the posts to see if anyone had mentioned Jim Blair but I guess you''re all too young. God he was awful. No pace, no control and a threepenny bit head.

Those people saying RvW is the worst player to ever play for Norwich deserve to be watching Norwich in League 1 again.

Some of our fans are so so deluded.

Not so much League 1, more the journey to League 1?

Once the Messiah had arrived and he started to cull the dross all was good, no looking back from there.

Dave Carney, horrific and let''s not forget the contribution Sibierski made, having sat behind the goal at Home Park it''s good to be able to say ''I was there''

[quote user="Bury Green"]Not so much League 1, more the journey to League 1? Once the Messiah had arrived and he started to cull the dross all was good, no looking back from there. Dave Carney, horrific and let''s not forget the contribution Sibierski made, having sat behind the goal at Home Park it''s good to be able to say ''I was there''[/quote]

Didn''t the cull start with banishing Hoolahan and Doherty to train with the youth team...

In terms of carp players, we''ve had loads. Alan Gow, Garry Brady, Des Hamilton, De Waard, Derveld, Dejan Stefanovic, Shaun Carey, Rossi Jarvis, Simon Whaley, Jason Jarrett, Goran Maric, Jens-Berthel Askou, Adrian Coote, Jamie Cureton from relatively recent times and that''s not an exhaustive list....

Wes was indeed on the Naughty Step for a while, he still knows where it is even now.

As for Doherty, I shudder just thinking about him.

A nice mention for Rossi Jarvis I see, can''t remember who it was against but we were trailing at home and he just ambled over to take a free kick or a corner, not a care in the world. Didn''t see him again after that, shame.

Robert Eagle, I know he was a youngun but he was also a crapun, came on at Portman Road and my memory still struggles to block it out.

Roger Hansbury, no Theoklitos but still way below mediocre which reminds me, I see Our Greek Australian has actually changed his surname to just Theo.

It''ll take more than that to help me forget THAT game.

[quote user="Kathy "]Just read through the posts to see if anyone had

mentioned Jim Blair but I guess you''re all too young.

God he was awful. No pace, no control and a threepenny bit head.[/quote]

That''s my excuse....

We have had some poor players I suppose it depends on expectation and cost to the club.

If we stay up and RVW starts to fire then he will be one of our best buys, but at present you would have to put him in there along with Elmander. Now I''m not saying that they don''t put in a shift because they both do, but this seaosn both have missed some sitters! and given 8.5 million lay out and 1.6 million loan along with a 60K wage if it''s correct than these two have to be classed as two of our worst signings, unless they score a few between now and the end of the season.

Delighted that nobody has really mentioned Hartson, despite the fact that he was about 40 stone overweight, and I am pleased mainly as there were fit players who weren''t as good as he was (Doesnt say a lot for them!). But for me, I think there cannot be just one, mainly as some players can be better than expectation, whilst some will dip below, however it all depends on how high a pedestal we put a player before they joined. For me, Antoine Sibierski had to be up there, but Tony Cottee and Gary Walsh were truly soul destroying to watch on a pitch.However for me the one and only utter piece of Shi* has to be Gary Brady. There was NOTHING! good about him, whilst Julien Brellier and Theoclitorus has to be up there too.

[quote user="Bury Green"] As for Doherty, I shudder just thinking about him.  [/quote]

Shouldn''t be anywhere near this thread.

In all the time he was at the club he was pretty much always better than whoever played alongside him at centreback, rarely did his partner out perform him.

Was named POTS once and was 3rd in POTS when we got promoted from L1. Hardly the hallmark of someone ranked amongst our worst players.

Agree with that GJP, I never did understand why Doherty received so much stick, a solid pro who did some good shifts for us.   

The mention of Doherty was in response to both he and Wes being sent to the Naughty Step in League 1, that said Doherty could be truly awful on his day.

Not Sutch awful though, just regular awful. As a case in point we went to Selhurst on New Years Day and in lunged Doherty, last defender on somewhere around the halfway line, off he went and lost we most certainly did iirc.

He probably needed his farrier in attendance.

Kevin Scott and indeed the ever sublime Keith Scott, I bet nobody had a poster of either of those two charmers did they?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Wouldn''t put doc amongst the worst players, but he was slow and clumsy, not good for a centre back![/quote]He may have looked clumsy but slow he was not!

[quote user="Bury Green"]The mention of Doherty was in response to both he and Wes being sent to the Naughty Step in League 1, that said Doherty could be truly awful on his day. Not Sutch awful though, just regular awful.

As a case in point we went to Selhurst on New Years Day and in lunged Doherty, last defender on somewhere around the halfway line, off he went and lost we most certainly did iirc.  [/quote]

That never actually happened. I think Doherty was only sent off about 3 times in 200 or so apps for us but I''m sure what you''re describing there never happened.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

In addition to some of the names already mentioned, how about Keith Briggs, or Paul Heckingbottom? Simon Tracy also has to be right up there. 5 games for us, if i remember correctly, and he had an absolute mare in every one.We''ve had some right garbage over the years, haven''t we? Puts it all into perspective somewhat.How about a worst ever 11?Can''t decide between Tracy or Theo in goal...

Daren Muzinic, Steve Walsh, Alan Black, That Dutch lad who played left wing under Hamilton, Coney, Dalglish, there''s Wille Young too. There''s been a few showers over the years.