Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

Your worst ever player for Norwich??

I''ve seen some real cart horses play for Norwich. To name a few, Trevor Benjamin, jan molby, Adrain coote, Dave strihavka

Etc.

my worst ever player for me used to be Darren beckford

But today, it''s completely changed to RvW.

This bloke has 0 ability to play football and at 8.5 million I have no idea where that figure come from

Is that the worst player based purely on ability and not value?

In which case, purely comparing him to recent strikers, did you start supporting us after we brought legends like Dave Strihavka and Goran Maric to the club?

The guy is showing definite signs of improvement in my opinion, and is starting to slowly adapt to the game. To single him out as the worst ever player we have ever had on our books is mental.

Or you''re just a troll.

I have fond memories of Beckford. My Everton supporting mate came with me to our 4-3 victory at carrow road. Before the game, telling me how bad Beckford was only for him to then score a hatrick. :-)

Yeah, late 90s/early 00s, I would much rather have had Paul Dalglish than RVW....

He would be good under a better manager tho, 1 who had two wingers who were played on the best side, ie swap Redmond & Snoddy, and let them whip a cross in other than coming inside and floating one in. RVW & Hooper both cant play up top on their own under these tactics. I think Hughton is holding back these players. Playing two holding midfielders who cant pass a ball, good at breaking up play etc but cant push us on up the pitch. How many chances are being created for the strikers ? Very few. I like wes but does he create enough at this level.

Sorry but to mention RVW in the same breath as the likes of Daryl Sutch beggars belief.

He''ll he''s not even the worst Dutchman we''ve had at the club, DeWard the Dutch Ryan Giggs must surely ring a few bells?

None the less I had to confess it looks as though RVW will be joining Drazen Muzinic, Henrik Mortensen and Scandanavian-Sutch aka Mattias Jonson in the ''Norwich shouldn''t but foreign players'' collectors edition sticker book

[quote user="BankontheBarclay"]Michael Theoklitos

Matty Pattison

John Hartson

Chris Killen[/quote]
You could have a point here with that dufus.

if we''re talking pound for pound, prior to this season the £1.5m on Matthias Jonson headed the list......though sadly RVW looks to have blown that out of the water.

mentions must go to the 500k''s spent on Andy Hughes and Neil Emblen, in the days when 500k was big money for us.

....however if we''re talking purely on footballing ability, then every appearance in a Norwich shirt by Shaun Carey would infuriate and perplex me....a midfielder who couldnt run,pass,tackle or shoot........

I''ve had my season ticket since I was 9, that''s 15 years now. In my first few seasons we had the likes of Raymond De Waard, Fernando Derveld & Pape Diop. We are on a different plane now...

Also why do people always say Strihavka was rubbish?

I always thought he looked pretty handy, but barely made it onto the pitch and then Roeder forced him out...

Diop was alright. He got in the world cup squad of the tournament too in 2002! Theoklitis wins that one! Pound for pound, it has to be Ricky though, or elmander.

Spat at qpr fans on Boxing Day who then wanted him extrodoted lol he didn''t play for France in World Cup I believe the pink un got it wrong no surprise there

We had Pape Seydou Diop.

Pape Malick Diop is a different player.

Both Senegalese but it wasn''t our one who played in the World Cup but the other one.

Raymond De Waard actually, "faster than overmars" apparently. Think they sent us the wrong player.

[quote user="Prince Randian"][quote user="braintree canary"]pape diop was good at spitting ![/quote]
That was Papa Bouba Diop.  Different player.

[/quote]

Our Pape Diop was the best spitter ever to play for us.

3 years in the premier league..... new fans they are so sweet, they have no idea what the next decade entails!!! Ulf Ottosen, Rob Newman, Jason Jarrett and yes god bless his green head the incompetance and mis firing of Jamie Cureton! RVW is crap, but my god there is much worse. Lets just hope we don''t need to go all the way down to league 1 this time!!!!!

Even though I have been critical about RVW''s performances and am concerned about the situation and if he will ever get up to speed, but no way, absolutely no way should he be put in a list of worst player ever to play for Norwich City, and that also applies to Elmander......clearly the OP has watched our great club for many years or simply wanted to bash RVW?  The problem for me though is, that a couple of players mentioned by others on this thread I actually didnt mind (not going to say which one''s though), so what the f*** do I know.....all about opinions isnt it......  

Said it before, Carl Robinson...

we were the only club (and he had many) to pay a fee for him....

utter shyte from the day he arrived until the day he left... a midfield of Croft, Robinson, Fattison and Hughes.....

jesus.